Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Any sign of any other mob health nerf for tanks inside the vision? I’m really struggling, can barely do 2 minor plus the final boss or 2 minors plus a major.
    youre bad at the game then, Tanks could solo + 5 masks befor the nerfs now even easier
    I.O BFA Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    youre bad at the game then, Tanks could solo + 5 masks befor the nerfs now even easier
    maybe hes just low geared or he hasn't done his perk tree for it, tbh id love a cost nerf for that

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    With 470+ gear + cloak at 12+ + gift of the Titans, maybe (and I’m not even sure it’s possible).

Else, we simply suck (at least blood DK). I am 454 with cloak at 9 and the elite talent unlocked and I can barely do 3 bosses when I’m super lucky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Österreich or Austria for the english speaking
    well that makes things eaysier. have my cloak at lev 11 "yeet" atm. but at least i can farm those Vessel of Horrific Visions now without haveing to to watch the cap .

Quote Originally Posted by Igzorn View Post
    well that makes things eaysier. have my cloak at lev 11 "yeet" atm. but at least i can farm those Vessel of Horrific Visions now without haveing to to watch the cap .
    As if the 5 cap was the main issue... just another content poorly tuned for tanks and healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    They play because the developers have made a game that's fun to play.

This thread, and many like it, is about when the devs fail at their primary job. Your comment there doesn't excuse the developers in the least.
    People find different things fun, I find visions extremely fun (though overly limited in entries, which hopefully these changes help address). But the guy you're quoting was quoting a guy complaining about something that has existed since TBC started the trend, so if they're complaining about it now.... idk why they are still playing tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

As if the 5 cap was the main issue... just another content poorly tuned for tanks and healers.
    tbf, tanks and healers are "support roles" they're meant to be played in groups. Tanks get away with more because they can aoe pull, but even the outside world is a pain in the ass for healers unless they vastly outgear it.

1000 a daily please and 10k for the smaller invasions and 2keys for the main invasions, 3k for each mini vision.

Just let people PLAY the content yea?

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    Then go play classic if all you want to do is raid log. We tried that in WoD and it was a disaster. Some people actually enjoy playing the game and having "Grinds" or "Goals" is actually a good thing. But im sure that I am totally wrong and just a blizzard "cocksucker" because I disagree with your opinion.

My only problem is repeating grinds on alts. They should be unlocked at a vastly increased rate or just be account wide unlocks. I have completely quit my hunter and druid simply because the amount of work required to get them up to a proper level is more than I am comfortable with.
    The reason wod was a disaster is classes were chopped and their war on flight. Had nothing to do with this myth of there is nothing to do. People didn't leave their garrisons because the overworld was crammed full of mobs and they couldn't fly so it wasn't worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

With 470+ gear + cloak at 12+ + gift of the Titans, maybe (and I’m not even sure it’s possible).

Else, we simply suck (at least blood DK). I am 454 with cloak at 9 and the elite talent unlocked and I can barely do 3 bosses when I’m super lucky.
    Depends on your corruptions get some TDs especially as blood and you will wreck visions.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    The reason wod was a disaster is classes were chopped and their war on flight. Had nothing to do with this myth of there is nothing to do. People didn't leave their garrisons because the overworld was crammed full of mobs and they couldn't fly so it wasn't worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

Depends on your corruptions get some TDs especially as blood and you will wreck visions.
    What is TD?

What is TD?
    Twilight Devastation

What is TD?
    Twilight Devastation, it just doubles your dps as a tank.

Which corruptions do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Which corruptions do you have?
    It’s not that I can choose corruption type, as you know. The only corruption pieces I can get is in the boxes at the end of invasions, I don’t think I have something with corruption equipped atm.

It’s not that I can choose corruption type, as you know. The only corruption pieces I can get is in the boxes at the end of invasions, I don’t think I have something with corruption equipped atm.
    Well there's your problem. Corruption is easy 20-30% extra dps if a good one.

And nope, not only boxes at the end of invasions can drop corrupted gear. Any wq item, any emissary item, any nyalotha raid item (even lfr) can be corrupted, you can also conquest cap every week (even just doing world pvp call to arms / invasion wqs) for a guaranteed corruption, not even mentioning m+ at any level of key. Also if you kill Alleria / Thrall you can get an item in the box that can be corrupted. You can also buy a boe.

But I see if you're super unlucky with corruptions then your character will be weak and underpowered. Welcome to 8.3.

P.S. With 454 you should be able to get into at least normal Nyalotha pugs, so you can try to get the Maut weapon with guaranteed corruption on it.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2020-02-24 at 06:11 AM.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care for doing Assault World Quests daily, the zones are a little out of the way and playing Alts means I just cannot be bothered so it's usually a quick Invasion grind one day to do the full assault. Lesser Visions are just not interesting or fun, mainly an annoyance that gives more CVs than quests. I really dislike going out there daily for Lesser Visions, I sometimes end up logging out at night next to them after completing it. I'd rather them reset with the Lesser Assault and give slightly higher rewards.

I think Daily Quests are a step back from World Quests. I've gone to Vale today, killed a Rare on the way to pick up Quests and then got the Kill Rares quest. I feel like I'm being punished by the game for interacting with the world. Am I meant to ignore everything until I pick up quests? As World Quests this isn't a problem but as Daily Quests is frustrating. I know chests count retroactively so that's nice.

I'm somewhat bored of running Visions. I've done a fair few now and I really dislike Stormwind. Umbric is an absolute twat with Leaden Foot and it's just annoying. They feel repetitive and more punishing by a mile for ranged classes.

I think personally the changes are for catch up and I don't expect they have that high interaction with Daily Quests for the assaults so they're adding more rewards. One of the complaints with Visions is that, due to the Cloak, you are running to get your pages, not to explore or have fun because you would be punished for not getting a cloak upgrade. More CVs, more Vessels, more oportunity to try and push mask attempts instead of playing safe.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

What essences are you using? You should prioritize dmg over survival if you aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Well there's your problem. Corruption is easy 20-30% extra dps if a good one.

And nope, not only boxes at the end of invasions can drop corrupted gear. Any wq item, any emissary item, any nyalotha raid item (even lfr) can be corrupted, you can also conquest cap every week (even just doing world pvp call to arms / invasion wqs) for a guaranteed corruption, not even mentioning m+ at any level of key. Also if you kill Alleria / Thrall you can get an item in the box that can be corrupted. You can also buy a boe.

But I see if you're super unlucky with corruptions then your character will be weak and underpowered. Welcome to 8.3.

P.S. With 454 you should be able to get into at least normal Nyalotha pugs, so you can try to get the Maut weapon with guaranteed corruption on it.
    I don’t have much time to play, so I only do WQ when needed (don’t need them anymore since they are capped at 445). But when 8.3 came out I did a lot of them for gear, maybe one/two pieces got corruption (an never TD). I also do a couple of +9 a week just for the chest but no luck for now either. Pugging raids is out of question, I don’t have time at all.

But thanks for the tips, at least now I know I’m not THAT bad, I simply lack the right items. I will probably keep on trying until I get gift of the Titans (will require some time, I have to get the 3 talents above before), then give up.

Another really poorly designed mechanic for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    What essences are you using? You should prioritize dmg over survival if you aren't.
    Don’t remember atm, I’m using the tankish ones recommended by all sites. I don’t have many of them but I can try swapping if it helps.

I don’t have much time to play, so I only do WQ when needed (don’t need them anymore since they are capped at 445). But when 8.3 came out I did a lot of them for gear, maybe one/two pieces got corruption (an never TD). I also do a couple of +9 a week just for the chest but no luck for now either. Pugging raids is out of question, I don’t have time at all.

But thanks for the tips, at least now I know I’m not THAT bad, I simply lack the right items. I will probably keep on trying until I get gift of the Titans (will require some time, I have to get the 3 talents above before), then give up.

Another really poorly designed mechanic for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Don’t remember atm, I’m using the tankish ones recommended by all sites. I don’t have many of them but I can try swapping if it helps.
    Can't really do anything about the time, unfortunately sometimes MMO's do require it.

But on essences, yea, go for DPS, unless you're doing something where you risk dying a lot there's almost no reason to use the tank ones, those sites are assuming you're doing mythic raiding or over 15s in m+

I’d be curious to see stats on what % of max level players are at a given cloak rank. Makes me wonder if updates like this are qol or an effort to boost participation.

You should use crucible of flame active (every tank does that for dps because we don't have much choice) and it's a baseline essence. For minors I was using lucid dreams / worldvein / ankoan rep on my dk because I didn't have all the essences (formless void or conflict & strife would be good but my alt doesn't have them).

You should also use the mechagon quest trinket with the punch cards and cyclotronic blast card (I think it's for revered mechagon rep), it's a good burst against mini bosses and can be gotten purely through questing.

But yeah, corruption is not locked only to "hardcore" content I've seen people running 420 wq items on 460+ chars just because it managed to roll best corruption for their spec. Especially twilight devastation and echoing void scales with your hp not with ilvl of the item so even wq item with it can do.

Also I dunno when lfr drestagath is available (I think next week?), but the trinket from it is also a dps option, you have to swap loot spec to unholy / frost though doesn't drop for blood.

But yes, MMOs are a timesink and also gear always matters in content that doesn't scale you (and even in timewalking / challenge modes people find ways to optimize gear), so yes, gear plays a factor often more than skill. I remember similar case with mage tower, for example I couldn't beat the sub rogue one so kept farming emissaries until I got the "correct" legendary (cloak for aoe) that just made the whole thing 3x easier.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2020-02-24 at 07:54 AM.