Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Noabady is interacting together. Specialy not in the world. Why would they they dont have to when everything is soloable without any threat or danger.
    There's a philosophical difference in definitions here. You can force group play to get anything done or group play can be optional. Both ideas fit quite comfortably under the definition of an MMO which is quite simply a Massive Multiplayer game that is Online. People make obvious attempts to stretch that definition to fit their own biases, sometimes dishonestly but it's an irrelevancy. Diablo III is more MMO than not. It's mostly that the emphasis is not necessarily on grouping up. But you can play with friends or clanmates.

Yesterday i was leveling in Westfall. And i meet this other dwarf priest. He was killing harvests and becouse i was doing same q i invited him. We end up playing together for abother 45 minutes, finish several quests what would otherwise be pain to do solo and actualy talk to each other. Then he left becouse he had to go to the hairdresser. I have had this type of experience in moder game since WOTLK. And exactly this type of experiences is what make classic better mmo than retail.
    It's possible to have this same exact experience in retail. In fact it happens all the time in retail at end game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Diablo doesn't ration your fun to keep you subscribed...
    Clearly there are no "subscriptions" in Diablo so your comment doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    In WoW i can do something other than greater rifts /thread.
    For now
    They're pushing m+ really hard,so soon you'll only be able to do greater rifts in WoW

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    For now
    They're pushing m+ really hard,so soon you'll only be able to do greater rifts in WoW
    Unfounded worry. They've already announced raids for SL so it wouldn't even be the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    For now
    I've seen some estimates of a retail playerbase of 2.5 million (before Classic). Then there was a massive surge. BUT, subs eroded heavily after Blitzchung by as much as 60%. Could be back around 2.5 million again. The problem is that number is SO low that another Blitzchung-level scandal could erode that number under 1 million in a matter of 6 months. That would begin to effect CORE game systems like raids and large-scale PvP. They might not be doable any longer. As a countermeasure, WoW NEEDS to develop repeatable content for 5 man groups in case the raid scene dies from lack of players. So things like M+, IEs, and horrific visions become required safeguards.

Due to the critically-low sub count, Torghast practically is a necessity to develop. They need new content that is for solo or small groups and it must be repeatable.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Noabady is interacting together. Specialy not in the world. Why would they they dont have to when everything is soloable without any threat or danger.

Yesterday i was leveling in Westfall. And i meet this other dwarf priest. He was killing harvests and becouse i was doing same q i invited him. We end up playing together for abother 45 minutes, finish several quests what would otherwise be pain to do solo and actualy talk to each other. Then he left becouse he had to go to the hairdresser. I have had this type of experience in moder game since WOTLK. And exactly this type of experiences is what make classic better mmo than retail.
    haven't had an expan since tbc where i haven't interacted with other people either while leveling or at max. just in bfa leveling a dark iron with my fiend we picked up a 3rd from doing random dungeon's and played with them for multiple days before we just got to far ahead in level ranges.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    haven't had an expan since tbc where i haven't interacted with other people either while leveling or at max. just in bfa leveling a dark iron with my fiend we picked up a 3rd from doing random dungeon's and played with them for multiple days before we just got to far ahead in level ranges.
    Yep, when I was leveling my 5th alt at 02:00 in night i found 2 dudes, they gave me invite, joined voice chat and went thru whole Nazmir.
    The only people complaining about socializing in game are actually those antisocial.

Not to mention guild and friends is actually intended way to socialize.

WASD controls and you can't reroll your gear for better affixes or stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    you don't technically have an endgoal in d3 so you can set your own easily and grind to it as hard as you want

BFA hard caps your grind
    there is a end game goal, its GR150, if you can do it, you have finish the game with this character

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    there is a end game goal, its GR150, if you can do it, you have finish the game with this character
    they capped greater rifts?

haven't played d3 in like a year tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Cool but if you didnt interact with players in TBC you couldnt finish different type of content lite elite quests, dungeons, etc.. Yes you can socialize anytime in BFA but its pure optional thing which means majority of players wont bother which means social aspect of game is gone and game stopes feel like mmo. Its has to be forced.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Cool but if you didnt interact with players in TBC you couldnt finish different type of content lite elite quests, dungeons, etc.. Yes you can socialize anytime in BFA but its pure optional thing which means majority of players wont bother which means social aspect of game is gone and game stopes feel like mmo. Its has to be forced.
    you also can't finish dungeons raids bg's arena's ect in bfa with out interacting with other people. the only difference is if you want to do the easiest content you can que up for it instead of asking for an invite and then sit silent either way.

Small tip. Learn to lie. You did not meet anyone and nobady invited you. Modern game have mob tags shared and there is literaly no reason to invite anyone into your party as world content is absolute faceroll including elite mobs. Most of time other players are rather annoyance in modern game. Like Rustfeather in Mechagon would be much better if no other players would be in that zone so i have higher chance to actualy kill him befor is zerged by others.
    Small tip. Learn to bullshit uf you want to bullshit. In bfa alone I added at least 20 people to my battle net friends list, do raids, dungeons and even open world stuff with. None of them were in my guild and most nit even on my server.

You know how I got them, not being a bitch and interacting. It happens you just need to make the effort.

- - - Updated - - -

No it doesn't. You just have to stop being a crybaby. Also considering clearing the game in a normal bg or heroic dungeon or even lfr is like saying you completed doom on "I'm too young that die." or finish civilization games of chieften. Anyone who claims they completed it at that level gets laughed at by the rest of the player base for basically not completing it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Small tip. Learn to bullshit uf you want to bullshit. In bfa alone I added at least 20 people to my battle net friends list, do raids, dungeons and even open world stuff with. None of them were in my guild and most nit even on my server.

You know how I got them, not being a bitch and interacting. It happens you just need to make the effort.

- - - Updated - - -

No it doesn't. You just have to stop being a crybaby. Also considering clearing the game in a normal bg or heroic dungeon or even lfr is like saying you completed doom on "I'm too young that die." or finish civilization games of chieften. Anyone who claims they completed it at that level gets laughed at by the rest of the player base for basically not completing it at all.
    Casuals dont care if you will laught or not. Most people consider beating lfr as finishid game. New difficulty is not new content.

5+ Year Old Account
    New difficulty is not new content.
    Well, technically it is, especially if bosses get new skills/phases. But, granted, there are many people who don't bother with raiding beyond LFR, or just don't raid at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

What's the difference between Call of Duty and Doom? You shoot baddies in both, thus it is the same game.

Whixh is like 0.1%. of entire wow content which means its actualy more solo arpg game than mmorpg.

- - - Updated - - -

WoW is not mmo. It lacks almost evertthing what makes mmo mmo.
    No no it doesnt. MMO is simply Mass Multiplayer Online which it is. You can argue its not an RPG as long as you have points to back it up. But saying it isnt an MMO just means you are on a deluded hate wagon making things up to fuel your dislike.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I've seen some estimates of a retail playerbase of 2.5 million (before Classic). Then there was a massive surge. BUT, subs eroded heavily after Blitzchung by as much as 60%. Could be back around 2.5 million again. The problem is that number is SO low that another Blitzchung-level scandal could erode that number under 1 million in a matter of 6 months. That would begin to effect CORE game systems like raids and large-scale PvP. They might not be doable any longer. As a countermeasure, WoW NEEDS to develop repeatable content for 5 man groups in case the raid scene dies from lack of players. So things like M+, IEs, and horrific visions become required safeguards.

Due to the critically-low sub count, Torghast practically is a necessity to develop. They need new content that is for solo or small groups and it must be repeatable.
    Best not to bring up numbers period as there are no accurate numbers anywhere as Blizzard does not release them. Everyone is guessing with no factual evidence. And I seriously doubt Blitzchung had any noticable effect on sub numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post

I fucking miss marvel heroes omega though it was fun to just lvl characters there.

I actually completely quit wow for that game, it was totally amazing experience before it shut down.

-No gore, mostly bright places.
    -Amazing lore (here goes your favorite movie heroes)
    -Good game systems (PVE prestige, instancing with any level, etc)
    -Also the fact that professions was useful, and most items that you looted could've been utilized in some way, no trash loot was wasted.

Casuals dont care if you will laught or not. Most people consider beating lfr as finishid game. New difficulty is not new content.
    Difficulty has been seen as different content in games since difficulty levels were introduced in the 1980s. Only idiots on here try the whole "difficulty is not content." when they cry about wow.

One is and MMORPG and another is an Action-RPG.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Difference is that WoW works way worse when you have very limited weekly loot lockout and the need to extreme quantity of grind and loot to have the chance to roll right Corruption on the right items.