Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I'm at a loss of words to put into writing how ignorant this is.

Like, do you not remember a time where everything wasn't online? There is no difference between a game put on a floppy, a cartridge or a CD, other than storage capacity.

Your mental gymnastics to defend an unnecessary removal of previously available software is fascinating.
    Except WCIII is from a time when games were online, and got updated. The WCIII on the physical CD isn't even the final version from BEFORE the whole Reforged thing.

And yes, I remember before games had updates, you got stuck with bugs, some of them game breaking, with no way for companies to update.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    You can also still play the original one online via unofficial services such as voobly and gameranger, even though the official service for that version has been shut down for years.

There's no sane justifiable reason for what Blizzard did here.
    Idk why they combined Classic and Reforged. Did they do the same with Starcraft Remastered? Idr. If they didn't, why'd they do it here?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

They did not have to do a lot of things, yet they did. Or vice versa. They promised full compatibility. Full means game runs as it did before, not you moralising about how someone should update his old PC so that an ancient game could run on it. But then again, they promised a lot bullshit.
    In the meantime, reviewers are still cutting new scars:

I've been enjoying the game. I like some of the changes, while I've disliked others. Nothing has broken it from what I want from it, so for me, a rating of 7 seems fair; a 7 is a game that I wouldn't even look at unless it was in a genre I particularly enjoyed or had strong thematic elements that I liked. It is definitely not a game that I would recommend to anyone without them soliciting me for recommendations. I'd give TFT, at the time of its release, an 8 for comparison, and WC3 a 9.

For my history with the game: I volunteered on the old warcraftiii.net website. I did some mapwork for a WC3 mod. I played multiplayer for a few years after it came out. I played through the single player campaign at least every two years if not annually. Reforged updated the graphics, gave some new elements to the campaign, and that's all I wanted from it. I recognize others are very angry about some stuff, in particular the updates to the old client, and I recognize that. I know some people have issues with other things, like the readability of certain abilities with the model updates, and I appreciate their concerns. I still feel that the game, overall, is a 7 at its current state (I didn't play it immediately on release, so my experience is after some of the bug fixes).

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I don't, but we aren't talking about that. Plus, that wasn't as bad as it didn't ruin StarCraft with its downgrades.

Not to mention that nobody played StarCraft, while Warcraft 3 was fully functional and still had a bit of a playerbase.
    When did people stop playing Starcraft? I see Brood War tournaments running consistently since it was released. Just because you may not have played Starcraft doesn't mean no one played it anymore. Feel free to check out Liquipedia for a full list.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It's the newest version, it plays just fine.
    No, it doesn't. It has all the bugs that Reforged has. It has graphical options REMOVED from the original game. Some of those are then locked behind a paywall (only being available in reforged), some are just gone forever. This is NOT fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    No, it doesn't. It has all the bugs that Reforged has. It has graphical options REMOVED from the original game. Some of those are then locked behind a paywall (only being available in reforged), some are just gone forever. This is NOT fine.
    Fine for me, not noticing any bugs that prevent me from playing, and if there is options removed I never must have used them anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Let me get this straight:
    It's okay to you that the Reforge installation simply deletes files (which has been a major factor why people still played the game) off people's PC without even informing them?

Let's just say i was playing an offline custom campaign before Reforge came out and now want to finish it.

Oops, i guess?
    Dunno what you are talking about but all my custom maps are intact after installation. Even fucking moo moo map from 2006 and 6.32 dota that i keep for some reason

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I literally just asked you how? Nothing works, they just wave it all away. So, how?

Like this?
    You use "nothing" very liberally here, game is not missing an .exe file, it works just fine, it's a problem with people expectations

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    IMO the people giving it 0 are justified if they were people with no interest in Reforged who had it forced upon them when they tried to play the original version. That's a super dick move.
    People giving 0 score equal to people giving 0 score to tech support, because they forgot to plug the device into power outlet and refused to check it because "DO YOU THINK I'M, THAT STUPID?!"
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2020-02-22 at 05:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

What the hell is Onikaroshi even arguing about. Original Warcraft 3 is no longer avalaible, its just reforged with old models now.

Well you can't argue with rabid fanboys really. i would just ignore him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    What the hell is Onikaroshi even arguing about. Original Warcraft 3 is no longer avalaible, its just reforged with old models now.
    I have an old installer on my HD from BNet. Maybe 5 or 6 years old. I wonder if I install that, will show up in the BNet launcher as Reforged?

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post

You use "nothing" very liberally here, game is not missing an .exe file, it works just fine, it's a problem with people expectations
    It works just fine? HAHAHAHAHHAHA
    Very funny, not. Classic mode was bugged until patch, now it is less bugged - or you do not remember fucked up graphics? Now we have single player disconnects in a game where single player was always offline.
    Tell me, why you are defending it and how could Blizzard screw up that badly?

Also, I cannot take all that "agressive patching" they have been doing. Oh, wait...
    P.S.
    The "current face" of WC3, Grubby, just moved to SC2 until shit get's fixed. That should tell you something.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    It works just fine? HAHAHAHAHHAHA
    Very funny, not. Classic mode was bugged until patch, now it is less bugged - or you do not remember fucked up graphics? Now we have single player disconnects in a game where single player was always offline.
    Tell me, why you are defending it and how could Blizzard screw up that badly?

Also, I cannot take all that "agressive patching" they have been doing. Oh, wait...
    P.S.
    The "current face" of WC3, Grubby, just moved to SC2 until shit get's fixed. That should tell you something.

Grubby isn't the "current" face- he is "THE" face of Warcraft 3 way back in the 2000's. I know some people are "who, lol who cares about some nobody" but that's just willful ignorance.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Do you get mad EVERY time your games update? My WCIII still functions fine. It does everything I did with it prior to Reforged launch.

Do you get mad EVERY time your games update? My WCIII still functions fine. It does everything I did with it prior to Reforged launch.
    Thats an outright lie.

Thats an outright lie.
    I can play single player and skirmishes, the only thing I ever did with WCIII, so it works 100% the way it did prior for me.

I can play single player and skirmishes, the only thing I ever did with WCIII, so it works 100% the way it did prior for me.
    AI has been changed so no, it's not 100% same.

AI has been changed so no, it's not 100% same.
    Oh noes, they did updates to my game. I don't even notice it.

I can still 100% enjoy the game now as I did prior, is there issues for other people? Maybe, but for my purposes, nothing really changed that was noticable.

Oh noes, they did updates to my game. I don't even notice it.

I can still 100% enjoy the game now as I did prior, is there issues for other people? Maybe, but for my purposes, nothing really changed that was noticable.
    Fortunately, people still have standarts as user score shows, so you might be in a minority.

Fortunately, people still have standarts as user score shows, so you might be in a minority.
    Generally the vocal people are the minority, there's probably a majority just playing the game an enjoying it for what it is.

I haven’t played Reforged campaign on old graphics yet but from what I’ve seen its been made a lot easier. One example is the defense of Hearthglen mission that used to be one of the hardest mission of the human campaign, now they nerfed it where the lich heroes no longer attack so you can just spam towers with ease. Also with all the quality of life changes with the TFT version, stuff like grunts cost 200 Gold instead of 250 and all the new armor and weapon types makes it a lot easier.