Poll: Which one is BETTER?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    i had 2 epic bgs of ashran and 1k winter, if i remember correctly they gave 150cp each win.
    These are seasonal, only doable once per season, not to mention that you cannot queue speficic bg's and you need to need to win the BG to get the reward.
    For the Ashran quest for example, you need to win by killing the enemy General, which doesn't necessarily happen as the enemy base is one huge bottleneck.

Try getting the conquest cap via Random bg's or Arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    These are seasonal, only doable once per season, not to mention that you cannot queue speficic bg's and you need to need to win the BG to get the reward.
    For the Ashran quest for example, you need to win by killing the enemy General, which doesn't necessarily happen as the enemy base is one huge bottleneck.

Try getting the conquest cap via Random bg's or Arena.
    Oh, right, wasn't sure, if season or weekly, but in addition with faction invasions, you get the cap rather quickly maybe 2-3 days max, if you slow down on that.

As for Ashran, that why i said i was extremely lucky, i never saw alliance killing the ashran horde boss in BfA, but when i joined the horde they were losing and maybe a lot of their players just left to make this possible.

i capped often with just doing bgs and faction invasion and nothing else and i do the hardmode with alliance.

Capping with horde by bgs is easy af. i play kinda a double agent and see this every week, its comical.

Thats just tips how to make the game more challenging in pvp, join alliance and do bgs(unorganized) and warmode(preferably solo). Its a whole different game.

Capping by Nazjatar chests, arena and pvp isles is really the easy way out for everyone, i did this in the past but no longer do this, because its not required, make that cp bar bigger and maybe i will do arenas/pvp isles again....i only see me doing that on a fresh alt that is way behind in cp gear.

In general there is not much incentive to do pvp in this expansion, other than pushing for that gladiator titel in arenas. There are not even mark of preys to collect for a pvp faction like falcosaurs. Blizz could have done more with the Servant of N'zoth stuff, those servants are a different faction, yet there is no faction rep? Looks like devs run out of time and it feels incomplete in comparission to falcosaur faction in legion.

Uh, well i am on the verge to play my classic mage again he is lvl57, even classic should suit more my tastes. I mean i like pvp systems to grind out if they are fun, i have some few honor to get like 4k honor to geht the honorable title i think its 200k honor, but it can go to 400k+ i suppose.....dunno but i think its a bit boring to grind for max honor in BfA, if that only would come with some cosmetic kill achieves or quests....like in WoD.
    But i might try out those pyro spam fire mages - i got the feeling they soon get nerfed. I wonder how it feels to kill tanks and healers in a few seconds, too, playing only melees since legion.

If blizz only would make it so, that players corpses drop some more gold or mats any little incentive to do pvp would help.

Do you enjoy pvp in this xpack? I mean legion allready was kinda bad on that, but at least we had proper class design and some crazy unbalanced legendaries to have fun in wpvp, i remember fondly that nice cloak that transformed my sub rogue into an healer+tank by spaming feint and it had no cd, too.

Its hilarious, how each past expansion gets better when time passes. I wonder how bad SL PvP has to be, to make BfA PvP look great in retroperspective?

WoD had a lack of content or a lack of systems to make use of that content. BfA just had bad systems that killed the content that existed.

I prefer the phrase, wod is less shit

I played through wod at least, I've subbed less than half of bfa

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Yes, I quit because BfA is fundamentally rotten in terms of the systems that you have to play around regardless of content. I sincerely doubt that my opinion on this matter would have changed if I had decided to suffer through two more content patches (with new iterations of flawed, convoluted systems).
    But you'll never know, so your opinion is invalid in this conversation.

I'd give it a try, its wow, what else do we need.

Imagine thinking afk in garrison was better then a xpac with actual content.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    WoD had a lack of content or a lack of systems to make use of that content. BfA just had bad systems that killed the content that existed.
    Thats why i think BfA could age well with a new expansion with better systems the game world and raids would still be the same, just without the sucky BfA systems to ruin them.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    We don't have to imagine it. It's the sad reality.

Oh, right, wasn't sure, if season or weekly, but in addition with faction invasions, you get the cap rather quickly maybe 2-3 days max, if you slow down on that.
    Now compare to M+.
    If i realize on Tuesday evening (or monday for US) that i haven't done my conquest cap, i'm SOL.
    With however, i just do one M+ and i'm good to go.

Which is pretty horrible because the weekly chest is the only way to get decent items for PvPers.
    Imagine the following situation: You're an Arena / RBG Player, realize one day before reset you haven't done anything, now you need to somehow get 500 Conquest and one win within the bracket you have your highest rating.
    Have fun.

Do you enjoy pvp in this xpack? I mean legion allready was kinda bad on that, but at least we had proper class design and some crazy unbalanced legendaries to have fun in wpvp, i remember fondly that nice cloak that transformed my sub rogue into an healer+tank by spaming feint and it had no cd, too.
    Quite frankly, after playing a lot of PvP in Classic, i think the issue simply lies within the Arena mode.
    It's not fun to have these swings between RMP that instagib you within a single kidney and other games where you basically PvE the enemy and your main objectives are to do max dps and stop the enemy healer from drinking.

Classic PvP for all its faults is straightforward, fights don't take ages, your strengths and weaknesses are straightforward, your role within a fight is easy to grasp.
    Yeah, you also die within 2 GCD's sometimes in Classic, but not the entire match hinges upon your survival, you land at the GY and move on, that's it, you don't get -15 slapped into your face.

Its hilarious, how each past expansion gets better when time passes. I wonder how bad SL PvP has to be, to make BfA PvP look great in retroperspective?
    PvP has always been an afterthought, but the fact that they took away vendors and a reliable way to progress your character via PvP (beyond those far too weak conquest items) is a new low.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-02-23 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    We don't have to imagine it. It's the sad reality.
    It's not though, it's either 1) people who don't know what they're talking about and barely played either or 2) people who play the game for free handouts and where content logging into garrison to run follower missions for free gold.

WoD had 2 raid tiers ffs, total garbage that was abandoned early into the xpac still, claiming it's better then BFA just means no one who actually plays the game would take your opinion serious.

WoD 100% thats for sure. I could actually PvP to get PvP gear then.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather be afk in my garrison than doing non-stop chores with my poorly designed class(es).

WoD had good-ish content, but not nearly enough of it (especially for a non-raider).

BfA has plenty of poor-to-mediocre content, but none of it feels good and most of it is mandatory regardless of your preferred gameplay style. It's a non-stop list of tedious menial chores. It's a game designed by a board of directors, not a development team.

Now compare to M+.
    If i realize on Tuesday evening (or monday for US) that i haven't done my conquest cap, i'm SOL.
    With however, i just do one M+ and i'm good to go.

Which is pretty horrible because the weekly chest is the only way to get decent items for PvPers.
    Imagine the following situation: You're an Arena / RBG Player, realize one day before reset you haven't done anything, now you need to somehow get 500 Conquest and one win within the bracket you have your highest rating.
    Have fun.
    Must suck, right? Never happend for me on my main, but probably could easily happen on an alt, if playing alts would be a thing in BfA. I'd say you need at least 2 days for that cp bar, or are in for some serious stress.

Filling cp bars was made harder in early BfA and earlier expansions, though, i remember in WoD the best source to get cp was arena and anything else sucked, won't get far with doing bgs, only. But there was still ashran to compensate, but BfA has no PvP warfronts while holinka is back who designed ashran 2 expansions ago? If pvp warfronts would exist, i bet they would shower you in cp for each win, like seasonal ashran, av, 1kwinter wins. Devs always want to push current content.
    But since BfA was abadonned early, this never happened.

Quite frankly, after playing a lot of PvP in Classic, i think the issue simply lies within the Arena mode.
    It's not fun to have these swings between RMP that instagib you within a single kidney and other games where you basically PvE the enemy and your main objectives are to do max dps and stop the enemy healer from drinking.

Classic PvP for all its faults is straight forward, fights don't take ages, your strengths and weaknesses are straightforward, your role within a fight is easy to grasp.
    Yeah, you also die within 2 GCD's sometimes in Classic, but not the entire match hinges upon your survival, you land at the GY and move on, that's it, you don't get -15 slapped into your face.
    Yeah, i remember the pve kinda playstyle in arena started in legion allready, remember assassin rogue where you did deal with opponents like some pve mobs to do max dps, while running a dps meter in the background. Its the time where i stopped playing arena, other than doing some skirmish from time to time. First pve play in arenas and secondly gear has almost no impact - meanign no fun and no incentive to do them. But its more a legion/bfa design problem.

Yeah, well you die in 1 gcd in retail, too. And half of the burst was coming from non class corruption abilities and a trinket, Dalaran uploaded some videos about it, all i can say at least those classic globals usually come from a class ability.

PvP has always been an afterthought, but the fact that they took away vendors and a reliable way to progress your character via PvP (beyond those far too weak conquest items) is a new low.
    Some stuff was unbalanced, some came with an enormious grind, but for me its ok as long as it is fun to do - and here is the problem - BfA pvp is not fun, would about time to think about a new tech to improve wpvp, warmode alone was not enough, its not fun to have only a big group hunting other players in a shard that is factionwise very unbalanced, this is more about collecting kills than actually doing any pvp. BGs are really 1 sided for alliance they are really not fun, other in the odd case, when horde is played by bots and leechers and blizz did was increase honor for the underwhelming faction. Arenas, you still have friends playing wow to push arenas?

WoW pvp as aftherthough is not even that bad - its just, nothing meaningful happens in wow to make pvp great and fun again. we got pvp brawls, nice, but not fun. we got korraks revenge it was actualy fun you could use old but powerful items again - its an example how scaling does affect gameplay in a good way - but its gone and good stuff gone is not fun.

PvP feels like a huge betatest in BfA, tbh. Remember PvE mobs in AB.....ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I'd rather be afk in my garrison than doing non-stop chores
    Translation: I would rather log in for free hand outs then actually play the game.

7+ Year Old Account
    WoD was awesome..... if you enjoyed sitting in your garrison. I think people have forgotten just how little content there was in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    You can put glitter and paint on crap but at the end of the day it's still crap.
    These two expansions honestly are equally bad and I don't think either one of them are better than the other.
    WoD had no content while BfA has content that's bad.

64% of the sub numbers in 2019 are gone according to SUPERDATA
    WoD lost over 70% of it's sub numbers within 9 months after release.

That's my opinion, do you prefer one over the other?
    BfA is one of my least favourite expansions, but the addition of Horrific Visions alone would be the reason to say that it's better than boring WoD where we had nothing to do for months.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    WoD was awesome..... if you enjoyed sitting in your garrison. I think people have forgotten just how little content there was in WoD.
    Lol - exactly! Memory is a wonderful thing, people forgot "patch" 6.1!
    HORRIFIC VISIONS SOLO - CASUAL GEAR

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3v...fz8ZVIrd4sOgvw

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Didn't we already have this thread just recently?
    People want their own opinion to be the OP.

This poll makes me realize that a lot of people here are probably close to insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Translation: I would rather log in for free hand outs then actually play the game.
    If by "free hand outs" you mean not spend 2 hours every day doing content that is the definition of tedious... then yes, I would rather get my "free hand outs" in Mythic raids and M+. That's the content I play the game for, so that's the content I want to be doing most of the time. Not dailies which put me to sleep.

10+ Year Old Account
    BfA by a little. I think that BfA is just a middling-bad expansion, not quite the catastrophes that Cataclysm and Warlords were. There's stuff in all expansions to like and dislike and the binary attitude you see a lot which defaults to ALL BAD or ALL GOOD is stupid. BfA isn't an F, it's like C- to Warlords D. Warlords suffered from its original plan to only be a 12-month expansion. When that idea failed, well that's what you get: Six-to-eight months of content. I didn't think the content was all that terrible but Blizzard's failure to plan realistically killed it off.

That said, if you are pretty much only a raider, Warlords should rank higher up than some other better-liked expansions.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."