Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    It never used to happen in Vanilla. People are used to be much nicer and friendly back then. Looks like the retail crowd ruined Classic WoW and it is now as bad as retail when it comes to toxicity.
    It absolutely happened back in Vanilla. Indeed, it was probably the most common back in Vanilla, because Blizzard hadn't started banning people for it.

Vanilla wasn't the wonderland that you remember/imagine it as.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Was it streamed and/or lots of reports?

Then good, fuck him.
    Asmongold tested this when this system first came out in WoD. You can just get some friends of yours to report any player and they will get silenced.

These automated bans are highly exploitable by small groups. Its a shitty system but Blizzard is too cheap to offer real support for their games.

So getting reported a lot is not a metric of how guilty you really are.

Quote Originally Posted by Factsbeforefeelings View Post
    You can't inspect other people's talents unless you both have an addon that allows you to do so. The player didn't have PvP gear, he was PvP spec and doing less than 100 DPS as a Rogue. How the fuck is that not fucking over other people? You think doing 100 DPS on Vael is not fucking other people over?
    Its pretty simple. The RL didn't vet the player because cLaSSiC iS sO eAzI LOL. It is not the players job to vet who makes the raid, it is the RL job. If people were "fucked over" as you so retaily put it, it is the RL who did it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    You don't get banned for ninja looting, you get banned for saying one thing then not following that when involving a raid and its loot rules.
    Thats ninja looting lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It's why I ask what the loot rules are when I get into any non-guild group.
    And screenshot the response!

Well no fucking duh.....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Would be nice to have clarification on this.
    All i found was this forum poster who said exactly what you said...but is information from 2007
    are u dumb? its always been like this. If u set loot rules in chat and then dont follow those rules, u get banned...

Quote Originally Posted by Akasha64 View Post
    To be honest, I don't understand the fascination some people have with him. I have him followed on Twitch (just cause he's a big streamer people refer to often) but I never watch him. I don't know what it is. He looks like a foreigner who can't understand what is going on half the time. English isn't his first language, I get that, but he looks confused, and he has a weird style with him. Not to mention, his streams are kind of boring. Doesn't come across as very knowledgeable about this game at first glance, but I could be wrong on that.
    My reason:

I, by accident, came across him on the first Classic Beta...the very first one.
    He was a nobody with 20-50 viewers then.
    I saw him rise from nothing

He was extremely funny because he acted BIG even though he was small.
    He referred to himself as "little payo" and is always saying the word "ofcourse"
    He is french canadian.

Nowadays, since he is famous...i like him less than before...but he is still funny from time to time.

Doesnt have the appeal of being a small streamer with 50 viewers who acted big anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    how could anyone watch that guy? i almost ended my life after 30secs of trying to get thru that clip...holy shit.

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    are u dumb? its always been like this. If u set loot rules in chat and then dont follow those rules, u get banned...
    My forum experience here on MMO-C teached me Ninja Looting in Vanilla was not a bannable offense.

15+ Year Old Account
    My forum experience here on MMO-C teached me Ninja Looting in Vanilla was not a bannable offense.
    why do u allow anyone on mmo-c to teach u anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Honestly you should be banned not for strictly ninja looting but for promting this behaviour as a streamer. Using this as 'funny content' is pretty bad.
    Pretty much this. If you're going into a raid without clear loot rules stated, your gambling on the loot distribution right off the bat. If someone sets a loot stipulation and breaks it, that's called a scam.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Asmongold tested this when this system first came out in WoD. You can just get some friends of yours to report any player and they will get silenced.

These automated bans are highly exploitable by small groups. Its a shitty system but Blizzard is too cheap to offer real support for their games.

So getting reported a lot is not a metric of how guilty you really are.
    This topic is about ninja looting, not the automatic silence system. There is a thread talking about that subject though.

Would be nice to have clarification on this.
    All i found was this forum poster who said exactly what you said...but is information from 2007
    I was around back in the day when Blizzard was cracking down more on ninja looting. I can confirm that those were the rules that they followed. I don't recall how they handled the items though. I believe they simply deleted them like they mentioned here, but I do know that they did crack down on situations like this.

I believe there was a possibility of distributing the loot based on ingame chat in Wrath specifically depending on the situation. Like if it was a situation of the raid lead agreeing that X won the item or would be given the item and it was ninja'd you could possibly get said item. In cases of GDKP runs (runs where you used gold to bid on items for winning) you would typically just receive your gold back and the item would be destroyed from the offender's ninja hands. But there were bans back then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I remember doing a drake run and one of the loot rules was "getting hit by wave = no loot".
    Holy fuck I absolutely remember this. Sarth 3D hit by a wave and boss dies = no loot. Hit by a wave and wipe = kicked from raid. Good times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Factsbeforefeelings View Post
    They didn't realize he was Hemo PvP spec until they looked at the meters after the boss died. How would they have checked his spec?
    him being hemo spec and him doing sub 100DPS aren't linked... Hemo rogues do more than that even just hitting lvl 60, guy was just a shit player.

Went and watched the portion of the previous stream where the ninja looting actually happened:

Guy did ~220 DPS, most of his gear was broken, was apparently (from discussion in voicechat after kill) standing around shooting the boss with his bow for considerable amounts of time during the fight.

but most importantly: Payo gave himself the belt when he wasn't the next highest roll, 2 other rogues, not including the baddie, were above him in rolls and he gave it to himself... If he had given it to the next highest roll it likely wouldn't have been considered a rule breaking scenario.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2020-02-24 at 01:03 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Then you read it wrong. People claimed that you got put into an imaginary black list that people would often refer to when deciding on the reputation of a player. The reality was that people got real angry and personally may have avoided the ninja but others were all to ready to buy anything the ninja had for sale. As a ninja you were never out on a black list. Getting a sanctioned ban from Blizzard was always a possibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    why do u allow anyone on mmo-c to teach u anything?
    You seem to be right.
    Even though the act of Ninja Looting was never a bannable offense by itself. It seems it was, since vanilla, a bannable offense IF the leader types in chat the loot rules and goes against them.

From WoWWiki:

Blizzard's official policy - Ninja Looting
    Blizzard will usually only take action for a blatant scam, such as a raid leader declaring free rolls in chat and then master-looting everything to himself. They will not intervene if there was no prior agreement (and cannot if the agreement was made over Ventrilo or a private forum- it has to be in game, where they can check logs). In any PuG raid, ask the raid leader to state the loot policy explicitly in chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post

Holy fuck I absolutely remember this. Sarth 3D hit by a wave and boss dies = no loot. Hit by a wave and wipe = kicked from raid. Good times.
    I never had a hard time with the waves, but omg it was amazing watching that addon just SCREAM as player after player fucked it up. By far my favorite memory of this was when the RL spent a solid 10 mins raging at ppl to never get hit by the waves or no loot. He went on and on about it and was extremely aggressive about it. You can no doubt see where this is going. Yes, he got HAMMERED by the waves, and proceeded to die 3 times to the same thing. Good times.

There was also a random dude who would run those raids for the mounts, and would advertise them as FREE ROLL. Then, right before starting the encounter, he would swap the loot rule to FREE FOR ALL, and just spam right click the boss as it died and take all the loot. The level of rage over those was pretty amazing. Dont get me wrong, 12 hours later everyone had forgotten, and he would do it all again.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Then you read it wrong. People claimed that you got put into an imaginary black list that people would often refer to when deciding on the reputation of a player. The reality was that people got real angry and personally may have avoided the ninja but others were all to ready to buy anything the ninja had for sale. As a ninja you were never out on a black list. Getting a sanctioned ban from Blizzard was always a possibility.
    The act of Ninja looting was not a bannable offense in Vanilla. (according to WoWWIki)
    It needed to be a scam.
    So...it was only a bannable offense if the leader advertises IN CHAT the loot rules...and goes against them later

You seem to be right.
    Even though the act of Ninja Looting was never a bannable offense by itself. It seems it was, since vanilla, a bannable offense IF the leader types in chat the loot rules and goes against them.

From WoWWiki:

Blizzard's official policy - Ninja Looting
    Blizzard will usually only take action for a blatant scam, such as a raid leader declaring free rolls in chat and then master-looting everything to himself. They will not intervene if there was no prior agreement (and cannot if the agreement was made over Ventrilo or a private forum- it has to be in game, where they can check logs). In any PuG raid, ask the raid leader to state the loot policy explicitly in chat.
    You seem really confused about what ninja looting is. Ninja looting has always been against the rules - but to qualify as ninja looting, they need to be found to have exploited people in some way - thats what ninja looting is. If no loot rules where discussed, and players joined the group and didnt check the rules, and happily plodded along with no concern over loot rules, that is on them - thats not ninja looting.

- - - Updated - - -

The act of Ninja looting was not a bannable offense in Vanilla. (according to WoWWIki)
    It needed to be a scam.
    So...it was only a bannable offense if the leader advertises IN CHAT the loot rules...and goes against them later
    Again, thats what ninja looting is. You seem to be really struggling with a very simple concept. Again, its like you are saying "driving above the posted speed limit is not an offence, its only an offence if you drive over the posted speed limit"

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Again, thats what ninja looting is. You seem to be really struggling with a very simple concept. Again, its like you are saying "driving above the posted speed limit is not an offence, its only an offence if you drive over the posted speed limit"
    But there is Ninja Looting without saying a single word in chat. Which is allowed.
    And there is Ninja Looting...scam?

Blizzard doesnt even call it Ninja Looting. It calls it a "scam" officially.

So...in a way...Ninja Looting is allowed...if there isnt a clear in-game chat before the Dungeon/Raid.