Page 30 of 77 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Only difficult about classic is getting groups, and getting does group to complete the dungeons they started, people give up really quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    No guild during heroic week capable of killing n'zoth sat down and went straight to n'zoth
    there was tons of splitting, trading, etc.

Noone capable of mythic progs heroic
    Dude, just open wowprog.

https://www.wowprogress.com/encounte...rruptor-heroic

Practice did splits yes, 2 raids in the first week. It took them 14 hrs to kill N'zoth, with and avg. ilvl of 452. They did not bloat the raid to increase the number of items dropped, no. They did it with their main team, with characters which were prepared to be used in mythic progress.

Here is the guild which got EU first: https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu...y+Homeless+Men , who only did a rerun the next day to test stuff i think (characters with ID cleared it again). Main team, top 20 world, 8 hours.

Are you still saying that no "capable" guild went straight to clear hc?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    That's pushing it quite a bit. It might not be impossible due to how small the ilvl increase was compared to today and how powerful the world buffs are, but I'd wait to see it to validate it.
    I highly doubt that it is possible in pre-raid BiS. From a healer PoV i think it is quite impossible. Preraid BiS does not offer mana and healing on the same items, just one or the other (at least in significant amounts). Simply due to that fact, I dont think it is possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    Classic has extremely little content if you're not a raider or a serious PvP:er, however I'm beginning to feel that the content it does have is way too easy. Raids are cleared the first reset by most guilds and then you're back to raid logging for farm raids that are almost as easy as LFR is in retail.
    It doesn't give you a sense of accomplishment and the character progression is extremely slow, with new gear upgrades coming at you about once a month.
    It's starting to feel like, what's the point if there's no challenge?
    Leveling is a cheek bustin experience. Nothing easy about it. You can't just go blastin through zones. The raids may be easier, but you're going to die much more in leveling and dungeons in classic than you are in retail. People just try to find reasons to shit on classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    PSA: Vanilla was never that challenging, most people just weren't very good at the game yet. And most of the difficulty was artificial, like 'must have X Fire/Nature resistance or die to this mechanic'.

Not sure why this is hard to understand, but 15 years of vastly more complex/difficult raid fights and experience with these classes/specs kind of makes a difference.

As for 'what's the point if there's no challenge' - I don't know, fun maybe? Nostalgia? Enjoying the lore, community/social stuff, etc? If the only way you can enjoy a game is if its difficult, you're playing the wrong version of WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Right? I understand that people like Classic better but the idea that vanilla was even remotely as difficult as the modern game is a joke.
    I can hit 1-120 2 days. You aren't cheesing 1-60. Modern wow is 99% of the game is faceroll. The 1% (mythic raids) is difficult. No way in hell LFR is harder than classic raids. MC is a joke, but once AQ and Naxx hit, people aren't going to be spewing this nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel that the community kinda lied to the players that came in fresh. Classic was painted as this hardcore super difficult game compared to a dumbed down super easy retail when in reality it's the complete opposite. Classes have like two buttons to press if they're lucky and bosses have almost no mechanics.

Unless you're extremely horny for the best gear in the game with as little challenge as possible I can't really see how anyone could enjoy this version of raiding for very long. Struggle is kinda important for things to feel meaningful, even in a video game.
    Nobody was lied to. Again, people are just trying to find reasons to shit on classic. I never played classic. But I'm having a blast. And i've dies WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more times in classic than retail. People are comparing MC to modern wow. You obviously don't like it. But it's busy as hell on my server and many others. I can't see why so many people are worrying about something that they don't really care about. So don't wonder why people like something. Worry about what you like.

People raged when classic was announced because they thought it was a nod to hardcores. And that just isn't going to fly. So they spend countless hours trying to tear it down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    Imagine putting all this time and effort into gearing up and consumables when you don't even need it with these easy raids.

15 years ago was a different time, i'll never understand classic players now.
    You don't need to understand classic players. You're just looking for a reason to bitch about it. Checkers is an easy game. People still play it though. Just like people buy old preloaded game systems. Because newer isn't always better and older isn't always worse.

And again, 90% of retail players are playing easy raids. Very few are playing mythic. And you get gear from retail just for logging in that is more than enough for normal and heroic raids.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

only hard thing about classic is to not go mental lvling up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I'm just glad this bullshit meme pushed for years about how Vanilla was a pinnacle of skill and shit died in fire.
    People like to invent quotes to push their narrative. Nobody said "Vanilla was the pinnacle of skill". They said it was a better game. And it is. And that's why there are no shortage of players playing it.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post

I can hit 1-120 2 days. You aren't cheesing 1-60. Modern wow is 99% of the game is faceroll. The 1% (mythic raids) is difficult. No way in hell LFR is harder than classic raids. MC is a joke, but once AQ and Naxx hit, people aren't going to be spewing this nonsense.

You don't need to understand classic players. You're just looking for a reason to bitch about it. Checkers is an easy game. People still play it though. Just like people buy old preloaded game systems. Because newer isn't always better and older isn't always worse.

And again, 90% of retail players are playing easy raids. Very few are playing mythic. And you get gear from retail just for logging in that is more than enough for normal and heroic raids.
    OMG, this is too good. If only you realised this is EXACTLY what people said about BWL. When MC was steamrolled in an hour, some clowns said "it means nothing, you just wait for BWL! youll see! its mythic difficulty or higher!" And now those same clowns are saying "BWL was nothing, you just wait for AQ and NAXX!" Tens of THOUSANDS of players steamrolled BWL in 1-3 hours the day of release. AQ and naxx will provide very little more in the way of challenge.

Please, PLEASE tell us all about this loot you get "just for logging in" to retail. PLEASE, im sure we are all dying to know about the mailbox full of 420+ loot we get just for logging in. Do you know some trick that no one else does?

- - - Updated - - -

People like to invent quotes to push their narrative. Nobody said "Vanilla was the pinnacle of skill". They said it was a better game. And it is. And that's why there are no shortage of players playing it.
    tell that to the players begging for server mergers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Man... now if only the classic playerbase could get this through their heads about retail players. But alas, that will likely never happen and they will continue coming to threads based on an aspect of BFA just to trash talk BFA and its players.

- - - Updated - - -

If by "fun and adventurous" you mean bland, slow, and unnecessarily time consuming, then sure.
    The irony in these back to back posts is over 9000

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Yes it's far easier because classic is vanilla after the sequence of nerf patches and retunes had been made leading up to the final state.
    Yep, a patch made moving out of fire not hard...

And i've dies WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more times in classic than retail.
    I don't think that's true. Progressing on mythic N'zoth alone would probably net you more deaths than all the vanilla progression and farm raids combined.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    tell that to the players begging for server mergers.
    The only people begging for merges are on retail, oh wait, they already merged all the servers because it's a ghost town with barely anyone playing lmao.

Dude, we get it, you don't like Classic. That's fine, no one is forcing you to play it. Please go play your garbage retail and stop talking delusional crap on the forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would never play a game developed by a company that I hate.
    Classic is a good representation of a good relic from a time when Blizzard was... not as it is today. Having to pay Blizzard for it is unfortunate, but a lot of people are willing enough to make this small compromise in order to play something that they see as being genuinely good. It's no surprise that they feel they have little in common with the Retail crowd.

People don't play classic because they want a challenge. They play it because it's an mmorpg.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsyplenk View Post
    The only people begging for merges are on retail, oh wait, they already merged all the servers because it's a ghost town with barely anyone playing lmao.

Dude, we get it, you don't like Classic. That's fine, no one is forcing you to play it. Please go play your garbage retail and stop talking delusional crap on the forum.
    I think it's misguided to assume that everyone who has issues with Classic must be in love with retail. It's not that black and white.

I for example hate most things about retail except the actual raid encounters and the way they challenge me.
    I love most things about Classic except how all the raid encounters are dog shit , piss easy and an insulting to your intelligence.

I play classic, why are some of you pretending to be classic fans while very clearly obsessed with retail? You force it into any conversation you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripax View Post
    People don't play classic because they want a challenge. They play it because it's an mmorpg.
    It depends on how you define "challenge." I've read posts where people describe the challenges they faced playing vanilla, which still exist today in classic. These "things" that may challenge them may not challenge you or I.

I play classic, why are some of you pretending to be classic fans while very clearly obsessed with retail? You force it into any conversation you can.
    Sure you do, I also play retail.

Sure you do, I also play retail.
    I play both, and enjoy both for what they are - imo, the two most flawed iterations of the game. I pretty much only raid in BFA now, and tbh, thats about all i do in classic now too, just because i can have a few beers, watch netflix, talk shit, afk whenever, it really doesnt matter, and that is a nice change from demanding and challenging content that requires full attention.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's misguided to assume that everyone who has issues with Classic must be in love with retail. It's not that black and white.

I for example hate most things about retail except the actual raid encounters and the way they challenge me.
    I love most things about Classic except how all the raid encounters are dog shit , piss easy and an insulting to your intelligence.
    I agree with this, however, having played vanilla extensively, i have no interest in exploring or adventuring in classic - been there done that. I also raided a lot, and still raid in BfA, however one is a very social and relaxed, with nearly all my enjoyment coming from interacting with friends and talking shit while drinking some brews and watching netflix, youtube, and afking whenever i like, including during bosses - no one cares, we are all there to just walk over the content and enjoy a relaxed environment. The other side of the coin is enjoying BfA for the high difficulty, and more structured environment (one that i as raid leader control, so this is by design, not accident).

To be honest, we only last a couple of weeks in Classic before most go back full time into retail. For me, its because although "new" content seems exciting, two things happen when we enter the first time - 1) we are immediately hit with nostalgia, which lasts about 5 minutes before it wears off, and 2) when a raid of players like us, non PS players, only a few played in vanilla, walk in and just clear the entire raid with 1 or 2 wipes, it really doesnt compare to the feeling of killing a boss that is actually challenging.

For me, classic raids are like a squash match - Tyson Fury vs That guy from work who breathes real loud and picks his nose

For me, classic raids are like a squash match - Tyson Fury vs That guy from work who breathes real loud and picks his nose
    So you're saying I should fight Mike Tyson?

So you're saying I should fight Mike Tyson?
    No, I'm saying you would lose to Tyson fury.

No, I'm saying you would lose to Tyson fury.
    Oh, I read Tyson and my mind automatically goes to Mike
    OT as hell but there you go