You know what really bothers me about the media, CNN etc. They are NOT showing the numbers of recoveries from the virus. ONLY talking about how the virus number is on the rise and that the death toll is rising. You would think if they had half a brain, they would show the number of reported recoveries, which stands at almost 25,000. There are almost 78,000 confirmed cases with almost 25k that have recovered. This is horrible reporting and it's truly sad. You would think that showing that number would make people feel somewhat better about the virus. That's just me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chinese Bootlickers View Post
    After I heard about what happened in Milan and the empty shelves, it makes me worried about Corona hitting the US. This is some apocalyptic shit.
    And people are really playing the "don't be racist" card because others don't want to get sick. Unbelievable.
    I guess you don't own a tv or been watching the news/following the news. There are currently 34 confirmed cases, i'm sure the number is higher, but so far 34 are confirmed. *I wonder if this includes the cases brought from the cruise ship*
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    You know what really bothers me about the media, CNN etc. They are NOT showing the numbers of recoveries from the virus. ONLY talking about how the virus number is on the rise and that the death toll is rising. You would think if they had half a brain, they would show the number of reported recoveries, which stands at almost 25,000. There are almost 78,000 confirmed cases with almost 25k that have recovered. This is horrible reporting and it's truly sad. You would think that showing that number would make people feel somewhat better about the virus. That's just me.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess you don't own a tv or been watching the news/following the news. There are currently 34 confirmed cases, i'm sure the number is higher, but so far 34 are confirmed. *I wonder if this includes the cases brought from the cruise ship*
    I think a few of the cases may have predated the end of the cruise ships quarantine period.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    After I heard about what happened in Milan and the empty shelves, it makes me worried about Corona hitting the US. This is some apocalyptic shit.
    And people are really playing the "don't be racist" card because others don't want to get sick. Unbelievable.
    You're the type of person to stay away from a Chinese family that has never even been to China while sharing a drink with the white guy next to you that was in China last week, aren't you?

Color means nothing to a virus, especially in a multicultural society.

With everything remaining closed here and not having any work for two months straight, I decided to head back to the States to see family for a bit until things cool down. From what it looks like I won't have to go under any quarantine, which is nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    We already have a few cases in the US
    How many of those are community transmission though? Cases that were immediately found from people who were from China, families of those who were from China, or the ones who were flown in from Wuhan or the Diamond Princess do not really count in cases from a country. A country doesn't necessarily "have" the virus until proper community transmission that isn't fully tracked is found. America does not have that yet.

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20200224003354320

South Korea reported another record spike in the number of new coronavirus cases on Monday, with most new cases centered in the southwestern city of Daegu, where health authorities are shifting the focus of the anti-virus fight to containing further spread.

The 161 additional cases of the new coronavirus brought the total number of infections in South Korea to 763. Also, a 62-year-old man, who is tied to a hospital in Cheongdo, near Daegu, died of the virus on Sunday, bringing the nation's death toll to 7.

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    I think a few of the cases may have predated the end of the cruise ships quarantine period.
    I do know about 15 or 16 cases were confirmed in the US before the news of the people returning to the states from the ship. The 34 number, i wonder if it includes those 14 that were on the plane or excluding. I haven't found that out yet. T.T

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Bad news and sensationalism are more effect than good news for the moronic masses. This goes for literally anything. You could be a good person your entire life, but one fuck up and people will just focus on that... or brandish the incredibly minute % as a representation of the whole.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-02-24 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    You're the type of person to stay away from a Chinese family that has never even been to China while sharing a drink with the white guy next to you that was in China last week, aren't you?

Color means nothing to a virus, especially in a multicultural society.
    Nice assumptions m8. I avoid everyone equally and I don't see little flags over the heads of people showing their nationality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll
    I decided to head back to the States to see family for a bit until things cool down. From what it looks like I won't have to go under any quarantine, which is nice.
    Safe journey and good luck!
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Bad news and sensationalism are more effect than good news for the moronic masses. This goes for literally anything. You could be a good person your entire life, but one fuck up and people will just focus on that... or brandish the incredibly minute % as a representation of the whole.
    I understand that. lol
    But still pretty dam sad and piss poor action on CNN's part and other social media that won't even mention the high number of recovered cases. I posted to CNN twitter official and my facebook, complete with an updated photo taken today, of how many people that recovered. I'm pretty sure they are aware of the number, but won't mention or post any information. Negativity and fear sells much more than positivity sadly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice assumptions m8. I avoid everyone equally and I don't see little flags over the heads of people showing their nationality.
    Why bother making the comment about avoiding Asians because of a virus then? That's pretty racist.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmouse View Post
    Safe journey and good luck!
    Thank you! It'll be good to see family and friends and not have them worrying, while being able to make money again.

Why bother making the comment about avoiding Asians because of a virus then? That's pretty racist.

Thank you! It'll be good to see family and friends and not have them worrying, while being able to make money again.
    Where in the sam hell did I say "avoid Asians" in my post?

7+ Year Old Account
    No, avoiding individuals who have a higher chance of being infected is responsible and not racist at all. The people screaming racist are people who don't take the situation seriously and would rather appear polite rather than minimizing the spread of infection. Safety comes before feelings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where in the sam hell did I say "avoid Asians" in my post?
    It was extremely obvious in your post. They don't want to be sick from who? Asians? So it's not racist to avoid Asians because they might have the coronavirus?

Good news, I'm coming back to Colorado in a couple of days, and it is far far more likely I'll have the coronavirus than any Asian in Colorado. Luckily I'm not of Asian decent though, so I won't have people avoiding me as I watch them avoid other Asians who've never been to China and probably aren't even Chinese.

Tell me that isn't racist. Go ahead.

833 cases here now.

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    being asian doesn't mean you have higher chance of being infected...
    Apparently there are some in Russia that seem to think Asians have a higher chance of getting it. Russia even has a group to report if they see anyone that looks Asian.

It was extremely obvious in your post. They don't want to be sick from who? Asians? So it's not racist to avoid Asians because they might have the coronavirus?

Good news, I'm coming back to Colorado in a couple of days, and it is far far more likely I'll have the coronavirus than any Asian in Colorado. Luckily I'm not of Asian decent though, so I won't have people avoiding me as I watch them avoid other Asians who've never been to China and probably aren't even Chinese.

Tell me that isn't racist. Go ahead.
    "Asians"

Its mostly people from China tho XD

So yeah I'm staying away from Chinese people for a while now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    "Asians"

Average person in the West can't tell the difference between Japanese, Chinese, Koreans, Thai, Vietnamese, or Filipinos, let alone point out those countries on a map. Many of the people who have been attacked or kicked out of places in the West aren't even Chinese. Many of the Chinese who were attacked have never been to China.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll view it as some hilarious justice if you end up getting the virus after avoiding people who have nothing to do with Asia at all just because of their skin color.

I'd much rather have the virus than ever avoid someone for their skin color.

"Asians"

Avoid or not avoid?

- - - Updated - - -

let alone point out those countries on a map.
    I'm getting flashbacks to some people here on the forum who thought Taiwan and South Korea is in Southeast Asia.

Meh, people are blowing shit out of proportions as usual.
    Corona is not even deadlier then common flu.

Also, I keep going to Chinese restaurants, the portions there have gotten bigger since all this crap, since people are pretty racist for no reason.

There is a country with 265 million people in Southeast Asia, but you don't hear a lot.
    It is called Indonesia.

The government is honest.
    It admits that it is too poor to test the virus.