Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Is it just me or does the entire burden of corruption just shift to the healer in group content, especially pug content? In your average LFD, DPS just want that insane spike damage and will stand eye zones, let Things hit them, etc.
    In PUG when I see somebody deliberately casting while standing in a zone and taking avoidable damage, I don't heal them. You should do the same.
    Its different story in a guild raid when farming easy content, then I don't mind atleast I don't get bored by having nothing to heal.

Quote Originally Posted by szandos View Post
    So much this.

I did leave feedback on the forums about having corruption doing damage would just punish healers and that debuffs lowering dps/knocking them back (think horrific Stormwind fire feet) / bomb (move out in 5s or you die) would be much better. Of course it was ignored.
    If debuffs reduced the dps, then corruption would be literally worthless, and that would ruin the whole system. The only corruption mechanic that actually effects healers is if they have the stacking healing reduction.

Knocking people around could be used in their favor so no. That being a corruption effect could be good.

No they could not have a corruption that just right out kills you if you don't move out, cause some fights you cannot move. And that would just be bullshit. Best they can do is annaera that hurts you. And that is already in. Plus unless you get tons of corruption. It does little damage.

The way corruption is designed regarding the negative effects is just bad. Getting randomly slowed or having a Thing spawn, using your cloak and then having another Thing spawn right next to you is just terrible imo. Cloak should be a minute cd or 1.5 Min CD with how corruption works. You can use your cloak and have it mean absolutely nothing if you get a Thing spawning immediately after.

Not to mention they removed the ability to dispel Grasping Tendrils due to low IQ complaints about it taking up room on people’s frames. So now if someone gets slowed at a bad time there’s nothing that can be done if they have no movement.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2020-02-24 at 01:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salystra View Post
    Say that again when you have multi affixes of Infinite Stars/Twilight Devastation or Gushing Wound. A blood tank I know has total of 5 levels of twilight devastation and in M+/Visions he blows up entire packs alone.

In regards to the core post though I agree though the affixes should be penalising the player using the corruption not others, this is a very negative impact for healers alone, yes the eye doesn't do much damage overall singular but overall on a raid team it does as does the thing from beyond.
    One presumes if he's doing that content, he's not a returning player with 399 ilvl. I have 2 Corrupted items, the rest of my gear cannot handle the extra damage I take from them, it's fucking stupid. "Hey, here's some gear that's an upgrade, but you can't use it until you have better gear, but better gear is just going to keep doing this shit until you get better gear".

Quote Originally Posted by Sevaara View Post
    "I don't heal stupidity" - I lived by this when I mained resto druid and pugged content.
    How are those +7's coming along?

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Then they die, healers can't produce the healing output requirement in order to stand in a moderate corruption level eyeball on multiple people. In the end players won't run LFR anyway and players will continue to be stingy regarding any content that requires a certain level of management. Those players will have poor IO scores, they'll be talked to by guild leadership or removed, ect.

I really wish you'd stop making these threads whining about non-problems that are already solved by how the community plays the game.
    "poor IO scores", That crap can be bought, it isn't an indication of skill at all, it just shows progress which you can be carried through...
    Insanity is repeating the same action and expecting different results. *Cough, Blizzard!, COUGH*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Menolikeu View Post
    "poor IO scores", That crap can be bought, it isn't an indication of skill at all, it just shows progress which you can be carried through...
    But it is an indication. It's not THE indication as there can be discrepancies but generally speaking, 1k ppl aren't as good as 1.5k or 2k ppl when the season has gone for a bit and scores have normalized, of course. This is concerning mains of course and people who have done all dungeons. Not having 1k score from 3 dungeons or some shit like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    One presumes if he's doing that content, he's not a returning player with 399 ilvl. I have 2 Corrupted items, the rest of my gear cannot handle the extra damage I take from them, it's fucking stupid. "Hey, here's some gear that's an upgrade, but you can't use it until you have better gear, but better gear is just going to keep doing this shit until you get better gear".
    Its not so much a gear thing with a blood DK its more a class/spec thing as he can handle pretty much anything that comes at him.

As for gear its not an ilvl thing either as low level corruption gear > high ilvl gear depending upon the corruption.

In your case its more than likely you cannot put the corruption gear on as your cloak isn't levelled which is understandable to a returning player but I do get where youre coming from. The gear upgrade/downgrade/useable scenario currently ingame is beyond silly and does lock you out of some things due to this system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Its not so much a gear thing with a blood DK its more a class/spec thing as he can handle pretty much anything that comes at him.

As for gear its not an ilvl thing either as low level corruption gear > high ilvl gear depending upon the corruption.

In your case its more than likely you cannot put the corruption gear on as your cloak isn't levelled which is understandable to a returning player but I do get where youre coming from. The gear upgrade/downgrade/useable scenario currently ingame is beyond silly and does lock you out of some things due to this system.
    Its kind of similar to older versions of WoW where (for many classes) you couldnt always swap to the better item due to stats on it like hit/expertise/dodge/block etc. Its a juggling act. Put as much as you are willing to personally deal with on. If you stand long enough in the eye to die than you arent up to that level of content, my enhance shammy can pretty much soak an entire eye circle without needing a heal, it does crap all until nearing max stacks.

I dont mind corruption, I stick with 20-40 for most things, got a few more higher ones if I really wanted to push it but, atleast for solo and PuG im not going over 40 unless I got some massive OP bonus one that I couldnt disregard.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Easy fix, corruption debfufs now hurt your dps, tendrils not only slow your movemnent but your haste, thing from beyond nefs your crit strike, and the eye reduces your mastery and primary stat.

Then you' will see only the most skilled dps using them or none at all
    That goes against the whole idea of "corruption": trading in your well-being, mentally and/or physically, for power. It makes no sense to have the corruption diminish your power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Not healers fault. If you like to wear high corruption 40-79 You also should be able to drink health pots and take care of yourself.

It's a team game (if we're talking about Group activities). I don't think corruption screw healera in the slightest. Since it's a team effort the group stand and fall with how everyone perform. Healers have to heal, DD have to avoid things and tanks need to posititon things so that the others can avoid things. Though it can be beneficial for the group if the DD stand still, taking and doing extra damage if the healer can keep up. It's a balance.

Communication is also key in team games. Talk with eachother. Sort things out. It's not always easy but it's always the way to go.
    Healer: "You have to move out of your corruption Eye, I can't keep up the healing."
    DD: "Sure, but then I can't dps…"
    Tank: "It's ok, just have a macro that you press stating you have an eye and I'll move the mobbs to a different spot."
    DD and healer: "Nice! Let's go!"
    Still didn't time it but they played better as a team from that point and eventually broke the 1500 R.IO score line. They also made some friends along the way. Great stuff!

TL;DR:
    Stop blaming eachother, communicate and sort issues.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    That goes against the whole idea of "corruption": trading in your well-being, mentally and/or physically, for power. It makes no sense to have the corruption diminish your power.
    Well it’s hardly a penalty when it’s your healers carrying the can.

I thought they’d learned about this in over a decade of bad ideas they dumped on Warlocks.

So just looked at the numbers for eye corruption effect whilst doing world boss in the vale. Total damage taken from everything (frost DK) - 2milion damage. Eye of corruption did 491k total and I wasnt even getting out of it. So it did 20% of my total damage taken at roughly 100k per minute without making an effort to get out of it at all.

While questing I stood in it for the entire duration and it did about 60-70k total, out of over 400k hp. Cant say I think theres a problem at all with that from a healing perspective. Considering I absorb 50k per 30 seconds, and self heal pretty much constantly at a few thousand a second aswell from azerite which should pretty much negate it. (I did 1.2 million healing and absorbs that fight)
    Last edited by Dazu; 2020-02-24 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    Not healers fault. If you like to wear high corruption 40-79 You also should be able to drink health pots and take care of yourself.
    If you are running with 100 corruption or 0 you should still do what you can to keep yourself alive.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Well it’s hardly a penalty when it’s your healers carrying the can.
    All avoidable damage is "hardly a penalty when it's your healers carrying the can", like void zones, targeted AoEs and cone-shaped abilities, like in the Dark Inquisitor fight, the Ra-den's fight, Carapace, Prophet Skitra, the Hivemind, Vexiona, Wrathion, Maut, Shad'har, Drest'agath, Il'gynoth, N'Zoth, etc etc etc etc...

Might as well remove healers from the game, then, and let all DPS die to avoidable damage to 'teach them'.

Face it: if you decide to be a healer, you are signing up to save people from their mistakes. Yes, yes, "can't heal stupid" and all that, and I agree, but you know what? I just don't group with stupid. I tend to go 90% of the time with my guild on groups, for raid and M+, and even then, on the 10%, it's mostly a guild group, pugging a dps and/or tank. For M+ only.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    So just looked at the numbers for eye corruption effect whilst doing world boss in the vale. Total damage taken from everything (frost DK) - 2milion damage. Eye of corruption did 491k total and I wasnt even getting out of it. So it did 20% of my total damage taken at roughly 100k per minute without making an effort to get out of it at all.

While questing I stood in it for the entire duration and it did about 60-70k total, out of over 400k hp. Cant say I think theres a problem at all with that from a healing perspective. Considering I absorb 50k per 30 seconds, and self heal pretty much constantly at a few thousand a second aswell from azerite which should pretty much negate it. (I did 1.2 million healing and absorbs that fight)
    If only 1 person did it and the healing requirements were light for whatever you were doing sure. Now if multiple people or the entire raid/dungeon group did that and there was any sort of other damage to be healed people would start dying. The slow just from that can be another issue as well I have seen people die or lean on the healers really hard because they were too slow to avoid things and forced that fuck up on to the healers to sort out. I have never understood this mindset many dps seem to have when they want to be lazy, yet don't understand healers don't want to work twice as hard to allow them to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    If only 1 person did it and the healing requirements were light for whatever you were doing sure. Now if multiple people or the entire raid/dungeon group did that and there was any sort of other damage to be healed people would start dying. The slow just from that can be another issue as well I have seen people die or lean on the healers really hard because they were too slow to avoid things and forced that fuck up on to the healers to sort out. I have never understood this mindset many dps seem to have when they want to be lazy, yet don't understand healers don't want to work twice as hard to allow them to do it.
    Yeah if your entire group sits in void zones etc you are going to have issues. But thats irrespective of corruption, the damage the corruption does is negligible even if you purposefully stay in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    Yeah if your entire group sits in void zones etc you are going to have issues. But thats irrespective of corruption, the damage the corruption does is negligible even if you purposefully stay in it.
    In a bubble with nothing else going on sure. Start adding in how much stronger it gets as you combo in the thing from beyond levels of corruption as well as the damage from the thing and it starts to ramp up. In a group setting you can't look at things as simply as it just isn't that bad for 1 person. Eventually you end up in a place where everybody gets used to not caring about it and now you do have a big problem. Kinda like you are saying though on it's own the eye stalk isn't a very big deal it is really just an announce for most specs, it can kill or help speed up death for a few. It is also a low level corruption and if that is the last one you have it wont be very strong. As you get closer to 80 and the circle is 30 meters across it is a different beast all together.

In regards to the core post though I agree though the affixes should be penalising the player using the corruption not others, this is a very negative impact for healers alone, yes the eye doesn't do much damage overall singular but overall on a raid team it does as does the thing from beyond.
    That's functionally impossible. Any kind of debuff is going to affect the group as a whole. Lowering damage done would prolong fights, once again putting the onus on the healer and in a much more subtle way. At least this way it's obvious when somebody dies to Corruption.