Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Idk what you're talking about, but at only 20 hours in I have all of that stuff, minus the final lab completion. I also refuse to indulge the RNG nature of the game and farm my life away on maps and delves, and luckily for me the game lets you trade all items so I can get what I want from other players.
    Really not sure why you felt the need to lie, you could have just said that you finished the story and the game wasn't for you, i don't think anyone would've judged you. But now you just look like a moron.

No, you do not have multiple 6 links and several exalts worth of gear after 20 hours of playing.
    Last edited by Beastiel; 2020-02-24 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post
    Really not sure why you felt the need to lie, you could have just said that you finished the story and the game wasn't for you, i don't think anyone would've judged you. But now you just look like a moron.

No, you do not have multiple 6 links and several exalts worth of gear after 20 hours of playing.
    Last league I got an exalt leveling and ended up with a cheap 6l weapon and chest lol, so it can happen. Shit's actually cheaper day one if you catch it at the right time because no one has currency.

I mean, unless you're really lucky you won't be buying/finding a Queen of the Forest or Inpulsa's, but you'll still be pretty good off.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post

Inb4 getting blasted, but yes. I do.

Look into PoE currency. $10 gets you everything you could want.
    But you shouldn't be engaging in RMT, and that kinda discussion isn't allowed in these forums so let's not go down that road please.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    But you shouldn't be engaging in RMT, and that kinda discussion isn't allowed in these forums so let's not go down that road please.
    Understood. He was asking how, I should have just stuck to "I have it".

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Ive got 50 on Wolcen already, in less time than I did PoE. Ive also put far more into D3. Its not subjectively better, I just tend to do variety. Also, I think you missed my critisisms. It wasnt burnout. It was literally "too much grinding, crafting too complex, and having extreme technical difficulties that not even Wolcen has". Its great you have different taste, it just seems silly to go "obviously people are naieve if they enjoy something more than PoE". I for one appreciate I dont need to grind for currency or grind new chars just to get certain skills for my main's build.

Also, advocating piracy really isnt ok dude.
    Why would you put 400 hours into the game if you didn't like it? When the gameplay loop namely grinding becomes to tedious and repetitive - that's burnout. The crafting system is sort of a side issue, it is way too complex without huge backlog of assist materials and websites, but i'd doubt that pushed you over the edge. My bet is on technical difficulties, which are odd, considering you can play wolcen, but i'm not the one to judge. I don't particularly like poe, i'm only bringing this one up because there's literally nothing else to bring up on the scene except that one and diablo.

Also i'm not advocating piracy, it's just that the devs want to charge a price that includes the current game, which is i'd say a fair 20$ and the rest is promises.

I'm actually really curious how oyu spent 50 hours in wolcen, how far have you gotten and what did you spend all that time on? And why would you grind currency in poe? I may have much less experience with that game than you, but i've never found myself in that situation. Oh, and also you don't need to grind extra chars, you can buy all the skills on the same character.

What I want are more fights like the one big bad you face in the beast. Phases, actual things you dodge actively and repeatedly, a health bar that doesn't melt, and things that don't outright 1-shot YOU in the process so you can learn wtf is going on before the fight is over.
    Shaper, Elder, Uber Elder, Atzeri, Uber Atzeri, Sirius and the 4 Conquerers.

Yes PoE has that.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    Well, just download the single player version of the game now from some questionable sources and pay the devs later when the game's either on sale or when they actually deliver on the content. Seems like a fair double-edged sword to me.
    AKA "Just freely play what the devs worked hard to create, and maybe decide to pay them later while the only 'inconvenience' is literally waiting that is all someone has to do."

What a shit-stained scumbaggy lowest piece of shit on earth way to think and promote for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Shaper, Elder, Uber Elder, Atzeri, Uber Atzeri, Sirius and the 4 Conquerers.

Yes PoE has that.
    It has a few instances, which is exactly what I said. What the "good" fights offer is what I want ALL combat to be, especially when it's like 50:1 ratio garbage:real fights.

Wolcen at least seems to offer a better experience in the regard that is most important to me: the actual fucking fighting.

7+ Year Old Account
    yeah cant wait for my offline consuming ember build to be viable. I love casters typically, and it kind of sucks that only ailments are really viable atm.
    Consuming Embers has to be one of the most satisfying skills I've experienced in ARPGs. I hope they shore up magic and ailments so a build can revolve around it. Especially love splitting it into multiple projectiles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you put 400 hours into the game if you didn't like it? When the gameplay loop namely grinding becomes to tedious and repetitive - that's burnout. The crafting system is sort of a side issue, it is way too complex without huge backlog of assist materials and websites, but i'd doubt that pushed you over the edge. My bet is on technical difficulties, which are odd, considering you can play wolcen, but i'm not the one to judge. I don't particularly like poe, i'm only bringing this one up because there's literally nothing else to bring up on the scene except that one and diablo.

Also i'm not advocating piracy, it's just that the devs want to charge a price that includes the current game, which is i'd say a fair 20$ and the rest is promises.

I'm actually really curious how oyu spent 50 hours in wolcen, how far have you gotten and what did you spend all that time on? And why would you grind currency in poe? I may have much less experience with that game than you, but i've never found myself in that situation. Oh, and also you don't need to grind extra chars, you can buy all the skills on the same character.
    400 in PoE, close to 800 in D3, around 100ish in GD. I just play ARPGs decent enough. Although tbf, my 400 hours was over like 6 years. Would get up to like 60's or 70's and then stop because I hit a wall in acquiring yellow maps. Wait til new season, then tyr again but then stop at same place. D3 was easier in that rift keys are generally easier, and GD was just generally for story and starting over because I stopped mid story and forgot the earlier part. I just kinda switch around a lot but after playing the 3 big ARPGs and now Wolcen, I can say I enjoy Wolcen, then D3, and PoE/GD are just kinda tied.

Ive basically leveled 2 chars to endgame in Wolcen, one caster in offline and one BE build in online. Do the expeditions on both, although its much easier and done faster and go farther on my BE build.

and really? Cause last I checked you could only get certain gems on some classes even with the vendor gal that sold gems post game. That's what the wiki says anyways. And in order to get far in PoE you need to either craft using currency, or trade using currency. I was never able to aquire enough for either, because that also means I need to constantly keep tabs on recipies for equipment selling, knowing which is which, and I just kinda got sick of needing to use a wiki all the time.

It has a few instances, which is exactly what I said. What the "good" fights offer is what I want ALL combat to be, especially when it's like 50:1 ratio garbage:real fights.

Wolcen at least seems to offer a better experience in the regard that is most important to me: the actual fucking fighting.
    You want different things then the people who play PoE. If you were to make every fight a "real" fight like Sirus, people would quit in droves, most of us like the fast paced blow though everything gameplay.

- - - Updated - - -

and really? Cause last I checked you could only get certain gems on some classes even with the vendor gal that sold gems post game. That's what the wiki says anyways. And in order to get far in PoE you need to either craft using currency, or trade using currency. I was never able to aquire enough for either, because that also means I need to constantly keep tabs on recipies for equipment selling, knowing which is which, and I just kinda got sick of needing to use a wiki all the time.
    Except for drop only gems the vendor in Act 6 sells everything. And you can reach that with just about ANY build, no need to trade or farm currency. Currency doesn't even come into play until the Epilogue when you want to start map farming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    You want different things then the people who play PoE. If you were to make every fight a "real" fight like Sirus, people would quit in droves, most of us like the fast paced blow though everything gameplay.

- - - Updated - - -

Except for drop only gems the vendor in Act 6 sells everything. And you can reach that with just about ANY build, no need to trade or farm currency. Currency doesn't even come into play until the Epilogue when you want to start map farming.
    aha, ok. Glad I was msitaken, although engame was when I started having hickups anyways (when I didnt have technical issues).

Somehow the league after Synthesis essentially bricked my game between crashing during loading because loading took too long and then 3 FPS even when I did get in, lol.

Yes, it's pretty obvious at this point in gaming history most people like faceroll content that they can repeat and mindlessly chase upgrades in to feel... like they accomplished something I guess?

Anyways, I'm not at odds with PoE. I'm at odds with the majority of gamers in general now it seems.

aha, ok. Glad I was msitaken, although engame was when I started having hickups anyways (when I didnt have technical issues).

Somehow the league after Synthesis essentially bricked my game between crashing during loading because loading took too long and then 3 FPS even when I did get in, lol.
    Depends a lot on build too, like you can take a Necro skele build with a tabula and kill end game bosses by just stacking defense after that.

As for the technical issues, idk honestly, runs at a steady 60 on my pc, but i do have a mid ranged pc honestly. I know the game runs like shit if its not on an SSD.

400 in PoE, close to 800 in D3, around 100ish in GD. I just play ARPGs decent enough. Although tbf, my 400 hours was over like 6 years. Would get up to like 60's or 70's and then stop because I hit a wall in acquiring yellow maps. Wait til new season, then tyr again but then stop at same place. D3 was easier in that rift keys are generally easier, and GD was just generally for story and starting over because I stopped mid story and forgot the earlier part. I just kinda switch around a lot but after playing the 3 big ARPGs and now Wolcen, I can say I enjoy Wolcen, then D3, and PoE/GD are just kinda tied.

Ive basically leveled 2 chars to endgame in Wolcen, one caster in offline and one BE build in online. Do the expeditions on both, although its much easier and done faster and go farther on my BE build.

Well, two characters explains the 50 hours i guess, i'm just surprised how you haven't git that useless grind wall yet, that seems to bother you.

As for poe i've had similar lackluster experience a while back, think it was betrayal league. I've only played the closed beta, a tiny bit up to that map wall in betrayal and a really enjoable experience this time around in metamorph. Might be those qol changes they've implemented over the years, might be the nature of metamorph league, showering you with currency and loot, so much so that i barely had to craft anything, or the summoner that i've tried to play this time around, but i've had a grand time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    AKA "Just freely play what the devs worked hard to create, and maybe decide to pay them later while the only 'inconvenience' is literally waiting that is all someone has to do."

What a shit-stained scumbaggy lowest piece of shit on earth way to think and promote for others.
    I feel nothing but compassion for you, you angry angry man, i really do. But consider seeking help <3

Although i do understand that it might be hard for you to grasp the concept i;m taking about since you have probably grown up(?) in the era where demo versions aren't really a thing anymore. Well, in most cases at least.

I would, just to untie your panties, suggest people trying the game and then refunding if it's not to their liking, but unfortunately that's a bad example in this case. The game obviously shows it's good parts at the beginning and saves it's shitty parts for later. Kinda like Anthem did, i guess. You get struck with a good game, and then it turns to shit, obviously waaay past the refund period But for that case at least ea has it's monthly pass, so you don't feel like your money's wasted.

Yes, it's pretty obvious at this point in gaming history most people like faceroll content that they can repeat and mindlessly chase upgrades in to feel... like they accomplished something I guess?

Anyways, I'm not at odds with PoE. I'm at odds with the majority of gamers in general now it seems.
    How people choose to have fun is their own thing /shrug, I like mythic raiding in WoW but I love just watching things explode in arpgs.

I've really only played the story in wolcen now honestly, it's still a bit slow of a game for me in the arpg genre.
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2020-02-24 at 06:22 PM.

How people choose to have fun is their own thing /shrug, I like mythic raiding in WoW but I love just watching things explode in arpgs.
    I'm perfectly fine with people being entertained by what they are entertained by, but what I'm not fine with is telling people "this is why the game sucks to me" followed by "these are facts about how the system works" and then having them try to convince me the game doesn't work the way I KNOW it does.

Liking an endless grind of easy combat is fine. Don't try to tell me that's not what it is, though. The combat never gets more complex than facerolling and the main reasons people play it are chasing loot and upgrades, which are notably two things I absolutely HATE in any game I play. I get it. I really do, just stop trying to tell me the game is deeper than that.

Also, stop trying to tell me that repeating the same thing over and over again on the loop of "get gear -> kill bigger numbered (hp and dmg) enemies -> repeat" is actual content. It's the same 5 minutes of content over and over again. Just because you have a reason to repeat it doesn't change the fact it's non-novel stuff. Novel content is the only actual true content as far as games go.

TL;DR 1 hour of content repeated 500 times is still 1 hour of content. 10 hours of novel content that isn't repeatable at all is still better than that 500 hours for me.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2020-02-24 at 06:38 PM.

Whirlwind basically follow same principles as BE and is arguably better in sustain dmg. With some rage on kill generation nodes/gear, and the rage regen/double rage price node after that one you can actually pay double for starting the whirlwind, but sustain the double dmg rotation with the appropriate rune paying the usual sustain rege cost.
    I tried Whirlwind right now, it doesn't seem to work like BE does.
    It seems like half the skill runes don't work or something.

7+ Year Old Account
    I feel nothing but compassion for you, you angry angry man, i really do. But consider seeking help <3

Although i do understand that it might be hard for you to grasp the concept i;m taking about since you have probably grown up(?) in the era where demo versions aren't really a thing anymore. Well, in most cases at least.

I would, just to untie your panties, suggest people trying the game and then refunding if it's not to their liking, but unfortunately that's a bad example in this case. The game obviously shows it's good parts at the beginning and saves it's shitty parts for later. Kinda like Anthem did, i guess. You get struck with a good game, and then it turns to shit, obviously waaay past the refund period But for that case at least ea has it's monthly pass, so you don't feel like your money's wasted.
    I was (still am) sitting at a cool 66 BPM as I wrote that post. Getting angry over a dumb post on the internet isn't worth my time.

I grew up with demos. Which aren't as necessary in this day and age as I explain a little further below.

It's crazy how you assume so much about a person, whereas I reference the way one thinks.

It's also crazy how you make excuses for pirating in a world where despite every game not having as many demos as before - consists of many livestreams, reviewers, online websites, databases, forums, opinions to form a conclusion about whether a product would be for you without having to purchase it nor play it. Unless you literally cannot form whether you should purchase it even with all that info (taking a page from your book).

This entire post of yours here is extremely passive aggressive. But typical from a shit-stain mindset.