Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    example 1
    Join a pug who says is mandatory to have discord communication.
    Ask for the loot rules in the discord by voice
    result: fail and you can absolutely be ninja looted without consequences for the thief

example 2
    In a guild with group loot or free for all enabled but it says on some site of the internet that is a DKP system or loot council.
    Again, this is the example of the most famous ninja looting video and ive seen on twitch guilds raiding with group loot on classic
    Not ninja looting. The established rules in both of these cases is ML and the MLer can distribute the loot anyway that they see fit. As far as Blizzard is concerned, these external systems are fake news. They have no way to validate the information in them. They might as well be saying that Hillary was using a pizza parlour as a front for a pedophile ring. If you believe these external systems than you deserve to get no opportunity for loot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Thanks, mr. mmo-champion policeman.

This thread is about mob justice and how you can get banned for "ninjalooting" if enough people report you.
    That's not what it is about at all. People can report all they want but if there is no evidence of what all the people reporting are claiming then there is no ban.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Then, they have no cause to complain if those people are not a spec they don't happen to like. It's the risk of a PUG, and unless they explicitly stated that only certain specs were allowed, then it's not a defense for not allowing him to get the loot he rightly won. At best, if he did lie about his spec, then he'd simply be subject to a ban, as well.
    Yes they do? It's not a matter of "not liking" a spec. It screws the amount of debuffs the boss or mob can have on it. Doing PVE content in classic implies you will be PVE spec when joining. Unless you are specifically invited for a carry. This applies to pugs as well. And for all we know. They did state you need to be PVE spec.

Ban him for the wrong spec? Did you mean remove him from the raid?

But him being the wrong spec in this situation also should disqualify him from PVE loot when doing PVE content in a PVP spec. If the loot rules were "MS>OS" - Guess what his main spec is at the moment? PVP. PVE belt goes to people that are PVE spec.

So, depending on the loot rules that were stated. If this was a general pug. IMO - this was a wrongful ban. He was banned because he is; 1) A stream 2) Denied someone loot 3) This was a way for blizzard to publicly display some back bone.
    Last edited by Potatowizard; 2020-02-24 at 06:55 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    that is very suprising i remember posts here about ninja looting back when it was still a thing and writing tickets the gm response was " raid leader can do whatever he want ur screwed" to paraphrase, is this another diversion from #nochanges ??
    No. Bans were handed out in late Vanilla and all throughout TBC for this behavior. Ninja-looting in and of itself, while frowned upon, wasn't bannable. Reneging on a clearly stated and agreed upon loot arrangement was, as the individual effectively recruited dungeon mates under false pretenses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    People can report all they want but if there is no evidence of what all the people reporting are claiming then there is no ban.
    I was with you up until this point. You absolutely 100% can be banned if enough people fake report you. This began with the shitty automated systems Blizzard implemented, taking real people investigating out of the equations.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnosh View Post
    No. Bans were handed out in late Vanilla and all throughout TBC for this behavior. Ninja-looting in and of itself, while frowned upon, wasn't bannable. Reneging on a clearly stated and agreed upon loot arrangement was, as the individual effectively recruited dungeon mates under false pretenses.
    Very slippery slope. While needing on things you don't need, as you said, is frowned upon, it is a tough one. There have been many claims of people being banned for it. Goes back to the time before almost everything was captured on youtube. Mostly hearsay...

But the term ninja looting is rather broad and "reneging" can be classified as doing that as well.
    Last edited by Necromantic; 2020-02-24 at 06:57 PM.

Not ninja looting. The established rules in both of these cases is ML and the MLer can distribute the loot anyway that they see fit. As far as Blizzard is concerned, these external systems are fake news. They have no way to validate the information in them. They might as well be saying that Hillary was using a pizza parlour as a front for a pedophile ring. If you believe these external systems than you deserve to get no opportunity for loot.
    Im starting to think you and everyone refusing to use the word "ninja loot" JUST BECAUSE is not agains Blizzard TOS...are part of a cult where Blizzard is their God.

Ninja loot is just a word. Is not on the dictionary. If someone was sneaky and stole some items...you can still say the word "ninja loot".
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2020-02-24 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    Yikes, did I hit a nerve or what? I'm not a hater, I just cringe when people make stupid people famous and when they white knight them just as you're doing.

*cringe*

And however you spell his name... who cares?
    Does it piss you off that stupid people are more successful than you or is it that your worldview is crumbling when you start to realise that these people are actually smarter than you? I think one of the more stupid things to do is to cast doubts on people's intelligence, especially when they are successful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Does it piss you off that stupid people are more successful than you or is it that your worldview is crumbling when you start to realise that these people are actually smarter than you? I think one of the more stupid things to do is to cast doubts on people's intelligence, especially when they are successful.
    Did you seriously imply that successful people have to be intelligent? Have you ever seen this guy? Have you ever heard of Danielle Bregoli? Have you ever heard of the Kardashians? Come on, man... baaaaaaaad troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    It never used to happen in Vanilla. People are used to be much nicer and friendly back then. Looks like the retail crowd ruined Classic WoW and it is now as bad as retail when it comes to toxicity.
    Delusion at its finest, ninja looting happened back then as much if not more often.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I had no idea Did you knew this?

It happened to a streamer called Payo (one of my favorite streamers btw)

The GM Ticket reads "We verified a violation of our code of conduct involving a raid loot scam"
    only a 3 day ban though

When it happened on stream:
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/556654691?t=1h45m28s

Note that i have no idea if this streamer actually deserved the ban or not.
    Thats not the discussion.
    I simply had no idea you could be banned in Classic for Ninja Looting.

Thoughts?
    No shit. Ninja looting could be a hell of a problem back in the day, so I’m glad they’re still applying the same rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Delusion at its finest, ninja looting happened back then as much if not more often.
    Anyone who says ninja looting never happened in vanilla did not play vanilla. I don't know if it was worse, necessarily but it absolutely happened.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    It never used to happen in Vanilla. People are used to be much nicer and friendly back then. Looks like the retail crowd ruined Classic WoW and it is now as bad as retail when it comes to toxicity.
    How can you see anything at all through those rose tinted goggles?
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by Hottage View Post
    How can you see anything at all through those rose tinted goggles?
    Don't take the bait. This thread has more trolls in it than I've seen in a long time.

That's not what it is about at all. People can report all they want but if there is no evidence of what all the people reporting are claiming then there is no ban.
    Dude, that is objectively not true. If enough people report you than you will get silenced or banned. This is a proven fact. It is an automated system that was impemented because Blizzard is fucking lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Dude, that is objectively not true. If enough people report you than you will get silenced or banned. This is a proven fact. It is an automated system that was impemented because Blizzard is fucking lazy.
    No, its a system to control the thousands of throw away accounts spamming gold selling/boosting websites. Let's be real it worked.

I found the clip where he took the item.
    Is heavily edited though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-EaqZhDCFs&t=1m35s

Not looking good for him

EDIT: Wait a second...but he rolled on the item...im confused...this was probably not "it".
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2020-02-24 at 07:42 PM.

Why do you need someone to write down "dont be a ninja asshole" in a rulebook?

Ok this time i did research for real and found the clip.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/556104576?t=4h1m46s

The player Tcpo won the roll.
    They refused to give the item and rolled for guildies only because he was underperforming with Hemo spec and it was said to him "you are hurting the raid"

Yeah...

I have no idea what were the rules before the raid started though.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    No, its a system to control the thousands of throw away accounts spamming gold selling/boosting websites. Let's be real it worked.
    While it did help with the throw-away gold selling accounts, he is right. People have been banned due to cliques making false reports about them. It's not uncommon. However, he said it was implemented because Blizzard is lazy. It was implemented because shareholders want returns on investment NOW, so Blizzard had to cut corners. The quickest ways are to cut indirect labor. They were paying people with college education salaries to GM and moderate. Now, it's an entry-level, minimum wage position where most of your day is copy/pasting a scripted response. It helps the bottom line but it promotes bullying, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    Why do you need someone to write down "dont be a ninja asshole" in a rulebook?
    My guess is because being an asshole is subjective. I've read people who have paper-thin skin and even things nowhere remotely offensive, they somehow... in some way get offended. Just part of living in the generation of snowflakes.

10+ Year Old Account

They refused to give the item and rolled for guildies only because he was underperforming with Hemo spec and it was said to him "you are hurting the raid"

Yeah...

Loot was announced as being partial Loot Council earlier in the stream, so in reality this was just a salty guy looking for attention.

For the record that rogue who didn't receive the belt was there with mostly broken gear and was using his bow on Vael because he didn't repair his weps. Still gonna argue that he was deserving of loot?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah...

It all depends on the rules set before the raid starts, that's all there is to it. If the lead says loot rules are roll for loot, then someone wins and they bullshit something like this guy did and go against what they established originally, then they scammed people and deserve said ban. If a raid lead refuses to state set rules before the first boss, I'd ditch that pug because somethings getting ninja'd.