Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Loot was announced as being partial Loot Council earlier in the stream, so in reality this was just a salty guy looking for attention.

For the record that rogue who didn't receive the belt was there with mostly broken gear and was using his bow on Vael because he didn't repair his weps. Still gonna argue that he was deserving of loot?
    Interesting! So it was not a deserved ban...because the rules said in the game-chat were partial Loot Council

Damn...i now need to find that crap to post here.
    But im too lazy to check now.
    Ill post later

edit: i give up...i cant find the part where he said it
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2020-02-24 at 08:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    Putting the cringeworthy fanboys aside, I do see his point. I read a lot of posts of people who claimed they played vanilla and you can clearly tell they didn't and people who... as he said, are just here to shitpost. I rarely ever say anything and I'm sure others don't either but you almost feel sorry for them.
    Perhaps, but his comment was pretty clearly in response to my post. I don't know, I guess he didn't realize there are ways to check someone's spec beyond the (currently nonexistent) Armory. Hemo constantly knocking debuffs off is a pretty glaring red flag, to me, one you would think someone would notice on Boss 1. And again (this is to "Factsbeforefeelings"), if you set out loot rules where the GMs can verify those rules, and renege on the rules because a bad player won an item, you're the bad guy here and deserve the scam ban. It's not his fault you took along an underperformer with the promise of a fair shake at loot.

- - - Updated - - -

Loot was announced as being partial Loot Council earlier in the stream, so in reality this was just a salty guy looking for attention.

For the record that rogue who didn't receive the belt was there with mostly broken gear and was using his bow on Vael because he didn't repair his weps. Still gonna argue that he was deserving of loot?
    Did he participate in the raid? Did the boss die? Did he win the item under the established rules? Yes. Again, it's not his fault they brought along a sucky player and didn't specify the loot rules, nor did they remove the sucky player after the first boss.

Don't want a shitty player to win the item in your pug, don't keep the shitty player around. Rules were established, rules were broken, streamer was banned for scamming under TOS because under the TOS, bringing players along under the false pretense of a shot at loot is considered a scam.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    no,its not banning of ninja looting,if you go in a raid,and the leader doesnt mention loot rules,and he ninjas you,he wont get banned,if he does say rules and you have proof he broke the rules that were mentioned,then you can get them
    "you get banned for saying one thing then not following that when involving a raid and its loot rules." thats ninja looting.

Here is the issue. If you do not know than people should not say anything.

Payos guild runs on loot council with a couple items for roll. This was explained to the pugs. So calling it ninja looting when rolls were not a thing really. When that item was loot council.

They also explained the loot rules before the run.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Interesting! So it was not a deserved ban...because the rules said in the game-chat were partial Loot Council

Damn...i now need to find that crap to post here.
    But im too lazy to check now.
    Ill post later

edit: i give up...i cant find the part where he said it
    They roll on the item. Tcpo won, they found reasons not to give it to him. Payo took it. They rolled on every other item, the highest roller won, except for the Bloodfang belt bc payo wanted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post

Did he participate in the raid? Did the boss die? Did he win the item under the established rules? Yes. Again, it's not his fault they brought along a sucky player and didn't specify the loot rules, nor did they remove the sucky player after the first boss.

Don't want a shitty player to win the item in your pug, don't keep the shitty player around. Rules were established, rules were broken, streamer was banned for scamming under TOS because under the TOS, bringing players along under the false pretense of a shot at loot is considered a scam.
    We ran pretty clear loot rules while forced to pug a good chunk of ICC for about 2 months - we had 1-2 pugs every night. It was really, really simple - if the boss died, and they participated at all, they got the loot if they won the roll. If their performance was a major factor, we would remove them politely, but in general, if the boss is dead, their performance obviously was not as impactful as some crybabies might like to think.

Now, with the current scaling tech in retail, this becomes a more complicated issue. Back in the day, running a 25man raid, it was ok to bring 2-3 less geared or capable dps, so long as they focused really hard on mechanics and did the shit jobs noone wanted to do. Now, with scaling, it can be much tougher to establish a cutoff point for poor performance.

Obviously this is for low level pug content etc, not mythic, which is a completely different ballgame altogether (and no scaling, obviously). I think the worst situations i saw involved raid leaders refusing to give loot due to "low performance" without stating they had a performance requirement to begin with. Gruul was probably the main culprit i encountered - that DST trinket man, it made ppl go silly. The amount of loot drama over that one item was amazing. Now i got DST VERY early on so it wasnt really a factor for me, i didnt really care, so i dont know what happened in those situations.

It's not the ninja looting.. Its the scamming.

Besides, streamers and big personalities always have a big following - which makes mistreating others for personal gain even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    They roll on the item. Tcpo won, they found reasons not to give it to him. Payo took it. They rolled on every other item, the highest roller won, except for the Bloodfang belt bc payo wanted it.
    This could very well be the main issue - not about who did NOT receive the item, but rather who did, and why.

Yeah...seems about right at first glance.
    If thats the case it was a deserved ban ofcourse.

He had the chat covered up so i couldnt see anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    Did you seriously imply that successful people have to be intelligent? Have you ever seen this guy? Have you ever heard of Danielle Bregoli? Have you ever heard of the Kardashians? Come on, man... baaaaaaaad troll.
    A lot of people claim that they're smarter than others, especially when there is envy involved. You bring up these people and use them as shining examples of dumb people being successful. They were smart enough to trick you into knowing who they are.

A lot of people play down how smart they are because nobody likes it when they are confronted by someone who is smarter than they are. It's a mechanism that people use to get along with others. You yourself are using it right now. You see some text and you stupidly call me a troll. On the face of it I think "what an idiot. How can people be so stupid that they just revert to calling someone a troll when they disagree with them." when in reality you are using it to get me to buy into this stupidity and believe it is real. You want me to engage. Just like you buying into the Kardashian fantasy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Potatowizard View Post
    Yes they do? It's not a matter of "not liking" a spec. It screws the amount of debuffs the boss or mob can have on it. Doing PVE content in classic implies you will be PVE spec when joining. Unless you are specifically invited for a carry. This applies to pugs as well. And for all we know. They did state you need to be PVE spec.

Ban him for the wrong spec? Did you mean remove him from the raid?

But him being the wrong spec in this situation also should disqualify him from PVE loot when doing PVE content in a PVP spec. If the loot rules were "MS>OS" - Guess what his main spec is at the moment? PVP. PVE belt goes to people that are PVE spec.

So, depending on the loot rules that were stated. If this was a general pug. IMO - this was a wrongful ban. He was banned because he is; 1) A stream 2) Denied someone loot 3) This was a way for blizzard to publicly display some back bone.
    Great, then they should have made it clear ahead of time, and addressed it when they invited people. If they didn't have him confirm his spec, like they confirmed their loot rules... then they have nothing to complain about. He got banned, because he tried to scam someone.

People are allowed to do PvE in hemo spec. After all, he was doing PvE in it, and got invited to a raid with it. His main spec is a DPS spec, one that can use the gear quite handily.

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Dude, that is objectively not true. If enough people report you than you will get silenced or banned. This is a proven fact. It is an automated system that was impemented because Blizzard is fucking lazy.
    Lol. Noone has ever been banned because of mass reporting. This "proven" fact has never been proven. Especially when it has never happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Ok this time i did research for real and found the clip.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/556104576?t=4h1m46s

The player Tcpo won the roll.
    They refused to give the item and rolled for guildies only because he was underperforming with Hemo spec and it was said to him "you are hurting the raid"

Yeah...

I have no idea what were the rules before the raid started though.
    Then, why did you start the thread in the first place?

You are literally trying to debate from a position of ignorance.

In other news, it appears as though you will get wet when you touch water. You've been warned!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post

Loot rules were partial Loot Council. That means the LC has veto rights on literally anything that happens. This was just a salty guy looking for attention on someone's stream.

It's a T2 belt off Vael for god's sake, it's not like it was a rare item like DFT or Tear.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Dude, that is objectively not true. If enough people report you than you will get silenced or banned. This is a proven fact. It is an automated system that was impemented because Blizzard is fucking lazy.
    The difficulty here is that people will now ask you for proof of mass reporting resulting in an automated ban - something you cannot provide. What you can no doubt provide is evidence of an automated silence system, which there are countless videos and threads about.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a T2 belt off Vael for god's sake, it's not like it was a rare item like DFT or Tear.
    This is quite a telling comment i think - you seem to suggest that if the item is not rare, its ok to ninja it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    The difficulty here is that people will now ask you for proof of mass reporting resulting in an automated ban - something you cannot provide. What you can no doubt provide is evidence of an automated silence system, which there are countless videos and threads about.

- - - Updated - - -

This is quite a telling comment i think - you seem to suggest that if the item is not rare, its ok to ninja it?
    No, I'm saying that as it wasn't a ninja'd item (see my other posts) it's definitely not something worth throwing a fit about the way an immature player might do if they didn't get DFT or Tear.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    In other news, it appears as though you will get wet when you touch water. You've been warned!
    I dont believe for a second you knew any information given in this thread.
    I personally learned a lot from it.

"you get banned for saying one thing then not following that when involving a raid and its loot rules." thats ninja looting.
    but you can still ninja and get away with,no its more like baned for breaking the established rules,not ninja looting in of itself

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    but you can still ninja and get away with,no its more like baned for breaking the established rules,not ninja looting in of itself
    You can rob a bank and get away with it. Is it no longer robbery if you do?