Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I did say not a single point of corruption damage, these people are all like "you have to spend millions on inf stars!"
    There is corruption damage. A shit ton of corruption damage. Listed in dps meters or not - does not matter all.

As long as people don't act like this was some diabolical/intentional act by Blizz. At the end of the day, these are player sold items that have nothing to do with Blizz. Someone could theoretically sell a top tier Corruption BoE or 1-10k gold and no one would be crying about P2W. The amount of people paying $200+ to buy a single BoE is infinitely smaller than most P2W heralds seem think. These items are being sold primarily to the vast amount of players/guilds in the game that have asinine amounts of gold that they've been stockpiling.

"But it's still P2W. They could pay $200 and get a 15% dps increase". Sure, but what's going to happen later this year? What's going to happen when all of this is stripped away and ceases to exist? What's going to happen when the value of these BoE's goes down, and starts selling for a fraction of the price? What if you logged in on Tuesday and Blizz nerfed these 1mil+ traits by 80%?

I understand the feeling that, a powerful item COULD be bought with money. However, anything in this game can be bought with money, and this supposed outlier is no different. Players create various economies in WoW, whether or not a specific sector is legal through Blizz's terms. Players also created the demand for the illegal gold selling industry and RMT, both things that cause a lot of headaches for Blizz. Blizz did not create any of these issues, they did not present the game with potential P2W situations, that was the playerbases doing.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    I know, still doesnt change a fact, you can simply pay to win raids:
    https://i.imgur.com/ikiD8LD.png
    talk about p2w raids and then link an orange parser from WoD, what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    None that you could outright buy and even the ones that were really good weren't typically costing an insane amount, such as trinkets scribes could make.

You're just wrong about pvp. You must not arena much, if at all. Corruption is absolutely broken in arena. It is no where near "nerfed to the ground".
    Was referring to player damage in general which is absolutely reduced, significantly so, in PvP. Complaining about corruption in arena is pointless, as it relates to this topic, as the issue there is corruption itself. If the ONLY source of corruption effects was BOEs then yeah you'd be a lot closer to having a point. But they aren't, so you don't.

And we can argue costs and amount and %'s or whatever until we're blue in the face. The game isn't pay to win, and the OP doesn't even seem to get what 'pay to win' actually means as it relates to games.

By the OP's obtuse definition of P2W (pwning teh meturz omgggg!!!111) I've been 'winning' WoW most of the time I've been playing it.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Siaer View Post
    You aren't going to suddenly be able to clear +15s or mythic raids just because you purchased 2 pieces of BoE gear. If you are crap at the game, those two items aren't going to make you less crap.
    but you increase your 65k dps to 85k (if played properly) this alone get you recrutet into better guilds > better progress chances, i personaly switched from EV to IS and went from 79k to 86k dps over 1 item thats a huge deal (in a legion legendary scale)
    I.O BFA Season 3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    As long as people don't act like this was some diabolical/intentional act by Blizz. At the end of the day, these are player sold items that have nothing to do with Blizz. Someone could theoretically sell a top tier Corruption BoE or 1-10k gold and no one would be crying about P2W. The amount of people paying $200+ to buy a single BoE is infinitely smaller than most P2W heralds seem think. These items are being sold primarily to the vast amount of players/guilds in the game that have asinine amounts of gold that they've been stockpiling.

"But it's still P2W. They could pay $200 and get a 15% dps increase". Sure, but what's going to happen later this year? What's going to happen when all of this is stripped away and ceases to exist? What's going to happen when the value of these BoE's goes down, and starts selling for a fraction of the price? What if you logged in on Tuesday and Blizz nerfed these 1mil+ traits by 80%?

I understand the feeling that, a powerful item COULD be bought with money. However, anything in this game can be bought with money, and this supposed outlier is no different. Players create various economies in WoW, whether or not a specific sector is legal through Blizz's terms. Players also created the demand for the illegal gold selling industry and RMT, both things that cause a lot of headaches for Blizz. Blizz did not create any of these issues, they did not present the game with potential P2W situations, that was the playerbases doing.
    One of the only common-sense posts in this topic. ^
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Guilds have been selling full clears through max-difficulty content for years now, both for money and for gold. BOEs are nothing compared to that.

No, it's not P2W. It can only be called P2W if Blizzard is directly offering BiS-quality gear for money, which they will never do. WoW will never be P2W.
    This right here.

I did say not a single point of corruption damage, these people are all like "you have to spend millions on inf stars!"
    So it's okay because there are corruptions that don't deal direct damage?

To get this straight:
    So if a certain class favours stat boost over direct damage - it's okay.
    If a certain class favours direct damage - it's not okay.

Despite both of these effects coming out of the same system?

So this is not okay?
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=14

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    There is corruption damage. A shit ton of corruption damage. Listed in dps meters or not - does not matter all.
    Ah yes, that whopping like 300 more mastery from his corruptions totally made him win and not his skill

talk about p2w raids and then link an orange parser from WoD, what?
    I am that orange parser and we sold full clear mythic + mount boosts then.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    So it's okay because there are corruptions that don't deal direct damage?

To get this straight:
    So if a certain class favours stat boost over direct damage - it's okay.
    If a certain class favours direc damage - it's not okay.

Despite both of these effects coming out of the same system?

So this is not okay?
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=14
    That's an outlier, there's a couple in there for now, but they'll be pushed out.

the 300 or so mastery that corruptions gave pepe at the time wouldn't have provided 31% of his dmg.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    I am that orange parser and we sold full clear mythic + mount boosts then.
    That's been happening since Vanilla. It's not a new thing, shit we used to sell Thunderfury drops.

Rank 1 world (in every class, not just mage) mage currently on Ra'den, not a single point of corruption damage https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=16
    Heaven forbid seeing the better players budget their corruption correctly, as opposed to saying "LuLW Infinite Stars on Xanesh Heroic!" /s
    The argument of Corruption being powerful is moot, however I'd argue proper Azerite and Neck essences can be just as impactful; let alone playing well.
    I've stated elsewhere on this forum, my Corruption is 61 in raid and is a net gain of 12% dps. I can swing that much by playing badly

Anytime you see a log of a DH on Shadhar where 25+% of his damage is stars (which is a super specific outlier in it's own right) , ask yourself how much he would have done with the same Corruption value, on something else like Lash of the Void and Gushing wounds. Hint: they're almost identical on sims.

Ah yes, that whopping like 300 more mastery from his corruptions totally made him win and not his skill
    Good players stay good players - if they buy power for real money or not. I thought we cleared that already......

You are literially like "here one player who didnt spend couple millions on boe and is good, therefore buying power for real money is not buying power for real money." Are you intentionally trolling at this point?

There has always been BOE stuff available, but I think that's a disingenuous argument if you're going to ignore relative strength. Is it "pay to win" or is it pay to "WIN!"? There is also the point that in the past you stood a real chance of getting banned for buying gold, I know folks who did. Nowadays Blizzard make money from that so it's completely part of the system, where in the past it was completely against the rules.

If the reality is like buying Warglaives from the AH (which it is) it can't be compared to Lionheart Helmet.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2020-02-24 at 10:03 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    You would have a valid point if the logs and rankings didn't speak for otherwise. Took a random samplings of a few bosses (ST, AoE, Cleave) and their top 10 rankings and a lot of them corruptions weren't even a factor, a few didn't appear to have any corruption damage AT ALL.

The ones that have a lot of corruption damage are outliers, not the norm
    You need to look again.

Some corruptions go under the radar - mainly stat corruptions which are ridiculous. Expedient on Destros or Masterful on Mages - night and day.

Take every Destruction Warlock top 10 slice and it's all stacked Expedient or at least couple of those.

Same with Fire Mages - it's literally Masterful or go home right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Good players stay good players - if they buy power for real money or not. I thought we cleared that already......

You are literially like "here one player who didnt spend couple millions on boe and is good, therefore buying power for real money is not buying power for real money." Are you intentionally trolling at this point?
    Because you're not buying it for real money. You're buying it for gold, which is easily (more easily imo) obtainable in game. If you could earn "Real money crystals" in "p2w" game at the same rate you can earn gold in wow, I wouldn't call it p2w either.

Quote Originally Posted by Xauro View Post
    I see 475ilvl items with socket and good corruption for like 2-3 million on the AH. So now ppl buy wow tokens for real life money and then buy this items...

Is this good gameplay or not? Pay to win?

Blizzard probly happy about it as they earn more $$$
    blizzard isnt selling the armor,by this logic wow has been p2w since day 1 because you could always buy boe's or just buy boosts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    You need to look again.

Some corruptions go under the radar - mainly stat corruptions which are ridiculous. Expedient on Destros or Masterful on Mages - night and day.

Take every Destruction Warlock top 10 slice and it's all stacked Expedient or at least couple of those.

Same with Fire Mages - it's literally Masterful or go home right there.
    Well then maybe just quit i guess, because i find corruption insanely fun and hope they have a system still in SL that is similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    BoEs typically weren't 15%+ damage increases though.

I wouldn't exactly call it "P2W", but it's certainly closer to that than it's ever been before. Preach/Bay had an entire discussion on this after the world first race, with multiple guilds spending 100m+ gold on corruption BoEs.
    you can buy a boost today naked and get all items from mythic raids,thats more than a 15% damage increase for less gold than a coruption item on ah,so i guess p2w since day 1

That's an outlier, there's a couple in there for now, but they'll be pushed out.
    So we just gotta wait until someone with better corruption and equivalent skill shows up, yes?