No void expansion soz.

It's been done. 8.x was the south seas, naga and void expansion all rolled into one. I know you expect the void lords to be an expansion of it's own, but my suspicion is that it won't be a void lord expansion but instead a Light expansion.

Yep, you heard right, for a while now void users have been getting a good side aspect to them. We have some ethereals, all the void elves, and ofc the shadowmoon clan in the Mag'har orcs. Forsaken priests too - then combine that with the light now showing a supposedly evil side with Xe'ra's treatment of Illidan, then the revelation of the Lightbound.

Think, they've done void a few times, especially with N'zoth - it's not going to happen, blizzard love cheap twists, and it would be so typical thar the light is going to be challenged, and we have to come against something that's gone wrong with the light. Maybe Shadowlands was the light's way of dealing with people and death, but the vents with the Jailor and the maw has necessitated some of its agents we shall meet to take action and need to be stopped.

Instead of void themes, you get light themes to deal with . Yes the void races (void elves, mag'har orc shadowmoon, Ethereals) play a large role, and yo have to deal with some void lords, because part of the reason the light's gone crazy is to stop the void lords, but the expansion will take a twist and be about the Light.

So... would you have preferred BFA to have been centred around Azshara and the naga, with a much bigger Naz'jatar being the expansion zones, with Kul'tiras and Zuldazar coming in 8.2 (like we had Nazj/Mecha - and a much smaller faction war focus), then 8.3 being N'zoth.

They did the same with the legion, rather than deal with it in 2 expansion, we went Argus and finished it off. No more legion. Likewise I expect no more voit

You can't be sure, although I would love a light focused expansion. I don't think making the light all evil would be a good idea though. But something should be up that we can help about.

BFA didn't feel like a South seas expansion, though I guess it was. We should have had a ship we could travel to the islands, especially Island expeditions.

Not a chance. They already said at Blizzcon they are interested in making a future Light and Void expansion.

The Void Lords are far from defeated. In fact, Nzoth defeat might have actually strengthened them somehow. Alleria mentioned how the whispers worsened after the Old God demise, with new voices joining the chorus. Plus there is still Xalatath lurking around somewhere.

Also, we do not even know if the Void Lords will ever be defeated. In Anduin comic we can see that they are still a threat many decades after the conclusion of Legion. And though the future shown in that comic is not set in stone, it is a possible one.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-02-24 at 10:20 PM.

Well, getting an entire expansion like Nyalotha would be awful.

Probably true but it depends how far they can stretch the theme.

If anything Blizzard tries to avoid theme fatigue after WoD/Legion. If they can make the Void more interesting then I can see it getting its own expansion but if its just going to be purple visual effects and tentacles then no.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    One thing brings the other, weakening the Light in a Light focused expansion will lead to Void resurfacing stronger and more menacing than before. Though from Blizzard's recent handling of themes, I can see both Void and Light issues to be dealt with in one expansion.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It could be an expansion about both Light and Void, and we finally meet some factions associate with this grand war that has been going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    One thing brings the other, weakening the Light in a Light focused expansion will lead to Void resurfacing stronger and more menacing than before. Though from Blizzard's recent handling of themes, I can see both Void and Light issues to be dealt with in one expansion.
    I dont see anything wrong in dealing with light and void in one expansion,it would actualy be fiting thematicaly if done well

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    I dont see anything wrong in dealing with light and void in one expansion,it would actualy be fiting thematicaly if done well
    If done well and kinda interwoven and not just in succession. Dealing with Light in launch and .1 patch, then dealing with Void in .2 and .3 patches would be boring. The two forces should still be kept in a continuous conflict. Both sides should have the side that acknowledges that balance is the key (our allies) and those that seek to completely wipe out the opposite force (our enemies). There's potential but it might be hard to pull it off in harmony.