Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    You can rob a bank and get away with it. Is it no longer robbery if you do?
    thats extremly extremly dumb comparison,if the law said you could rob the bank if you said you wouldnt rob the bank,than yeah,that would have been a fit comparison

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    thats extremly extremly dumb comparison,if the law said you could rob the bank if you said you wouldnt rob the bank,than yeah,that would have been a fit comparison
    Breaking the rules is breaking the rules. Ninja looting is a colloquial term for scamming people out of loot. If theres no scam, theres no ninja looting. People only get away with it when evidence isnt presented.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    A lot of people claim that they're smarter than others, especially when there is envy involved. You bring up these people and use them as shining examples of dumb people being successful. They were smart enough to trick you into knowing who they are.

A lot of people play down how smart they are because nobody likes it when they are confronted by someone who is smarter than they are. It's a mechanism that people use to get along with others. You yourself are using it right now. You see some text and you stupidly call me a troll. On the face of it I think "what an idiot. How can people be so stupid that they just revert to calling someone a troll when they disagree with them." when in reality you are using it to get me to buy into this stupidity and believe it is real. You want me to engage. Just like you buying into the Kardashian fantasy.
    Low quality shitpost. Didn’t even crack a smile.

Breaking the rules is breaking the rules. Ninja looting is a colloquial term for scamming people out of loot. If theres no scam, theres no ninja looting. People only get away with it when evidence isnt presented.
    huh...dude,there is no breaking of rules by ninja looting,the breaking of rules is aplied only if you ESTABLISH LOOT RULES YOU BREAK

huh...dude,there is no breaking of rules by ninja looting,the breaking of rules is aplied only if you ESTABLISH LOOT RULES YOU BREAK
    Then its not ninja looting. Let me say it again, Ninja looting is a colloquial term for scamming people out of loot. If theres no scam, theres no ninja looting.

Lets try this instead, you give me an example of what you think ninja looting is when there is not a scam in progress.
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2020-02-24 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Loot was announced as being partial Loot Council earlier in the stream, so in reality this was just a salty guy looking for attention.

For the record that rogue who didn't receive the belt was there with mostly broken gear and was using his bow on Vael because he didn't repair his weps. Still gonna argue that he was deserving of loot?
    You yourself confirmed that he contributed. He deserves loot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    You yourself confirmed that he contributed. He deserves loot.
    Loot Council decides whether or not he deserves loot, and they decided he did not.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Then its not ninja looting. Let me say it again, Ninja looting is a colloquial term for scamming people out of loot. If theres no scam, theres no ninja looting.

Lets try this instead, you give me an example of what you think ninja looting is when there is not a scam in progress.
    you make a raid,no loot rules are established,boss dies,you steal everything and leave,thats ninja looting,and he wont be banned under blizz rules

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Yeah...seems about right at first glance.
    If thats the case it was a deserved ban ofcourse.

He had the chat covered up so i couldnt see anything.
    He rerolled the belt and won the 2nd roll. Hopefully that garbage Rogue Tcpo never gets invited to another group again.

10+ Year Old Account
    you make a raid,no loot rules are established,boss dies,you steal everything and leave,thats ninja looting,and he wont be banned under blizz rules
    That's not really ninja looting considering he would have to be the Master Looter and unless it was specified that there were no items on reserve and it was all open rolls then no one can really argue otherwise.

The lesson learned is to make sure you know what the loot rules are before you join a PUG. Your example is extreme, but there are PLENTY of examples where guilds PUG a couple DPS but then simply loot everything to their own guild members.

Would be nice to have clarification on this.
    All i found was this forum poster who said exactly what you said...but is information from 2007
    So you are looking for something in the official rules that says, "if you lie to deceive other players to their detriment and for your personal gain, you will get banned" ?

Seems like that's covered in the Code of Conduct. And even if it's not covered, Blizz has loopholes for banning at their discretion. And lying to deceive fellow players for your gain seems like a no-brainer for a discretionary bannable offense.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    Low quality shitpost. Didn’t even crack a smile.
    You can tell when people really have no argument. They provide a statement. Assert that it's true and then when they are refuted they respond with "LOL, WHAT A SHITPOST..." or of the like. Tbh I am still amazed at how often people must get the last word in. It is just childish.

Remember when you are putting that anything stated outside of blizzards official channels is not considered a loot rule. Always get the rules posted in chat.

- - - Updated - - -

Loot Council decides whether or not he deserves loot, and they decided he did not.
    Not according to the established loot rules.

- - - Updated - - -

If there are no rules then how are items ninjaed? No loot rules indicates that the ML system is in place and according to the rules ML can hand out loot anyway they want. No rules broken. No ninjaing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I dont believe for a second you knew any information given in this thread.
    I personally learned a lot from it.
    If you think anyone needed a thread with this subject line, I have a bridge for sale I'd like to show you.

This has been around for over a decade, literally. This policy was in during what is probably one of the first MMOs, Everquest. And most MMO's after that carried over similar policies. If you needed this info to understand why someone would get banned for ninja looting? Then you need more help than an internet forum can offer someone, but it was a 100% pointless thread.

No, I'm saying that as it wasn't a ninja'd item (see my other posts) it's definitely not something worth throwing a fit about the way an immature player might do if they didn't get DFT or Tear.
    So you are saying its immature to expect loot you earned and was within the loot rules? Or are you simply saying that reporting a player for abusing the loot rules is "immature" and "throwing a fit"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not according to the established loot rules.
    Which were what, according to you? Because they were stated to be partial Loot Council previously in that stream.

Yes.

Being worthless with broken gear shooting a boss as Rogue in PvP spec and then opening a ticket to cry to a GM that you didn't get a piece of gear that you didn't deserve is throwing a fit.

You can tell when people really have no argument. They provide a statement. Assert that it's true and then when they are refuted they respond with "LOL, WHAT A SHITPOST..." or of the like. Tbh I am still amazed at how often people must get the last word in. It is just childish.

Remember when you are putting that anything stated outside of blizzards official channels is not considered a loot rule. Always get the rules posted in chat
    Someone didn’t take my bait! He must not have an argument.

Marching to the beat of your own drum must be a new cool, I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    So you are saying its immature to expect loot you earned and was within the loot rules? Or are you simply saying that reporting a player for abusing the loot rules is "immature" and "throwing a fit"?
    I'm saying reporting a player because you didn't get loot is immature. The guy joined a guild run as one of a handful of PUGs, knew the run was partial loot council, then threw a fit when he didn't get an item because the LC deemed him to have not done anything to earn loot.

BTW I would argue that you definitely didn't "earn loot" if you showed up to Vael with 90% broken gear (inc weapons) and had to use your bow for the whole fight as a rogue, when you weren't otherwise just standing there doing nothing. Showing up to a raid and getting carried doesn't mean you "earn" loot in any capacity. Simply entering BWL doesn't mean you're entitled to roll on items and get loot in a LC raid.

ITT: There seem to be a lot of people who are either arguing in bad faith or never actually watched the clips from the stream and are making a whole bunch of assumptions.

You won't be banned, but a scam is definitely in process there.

Random players are joining your pug to get loot, and there's an assumption that loot will be handled fairly. Blizzard won't ban the loot-taker if there are no rules specified in game chat because the loot-taker will hide behind legal plausible deniability. That said, the loot-taker knew exactly what they were doing and planning on swiping the loot for themselves, while knowing the players they invited though they had a chance at the loot, thus it's a scam. ...just not one you'll get banned over.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    that is very suprising i remember posts here about ninja looting back when it was still a thing and writing tickets the gm response was " raid leader can do whatever he want ur screwed" to paraphrase, is this another diversion from #nochanges ??
    If loot rules are stated, bans can occur if they are violated. It has ALWAYS been like that. If loot rules are not stated, then Blizzard will not do anything.