Page 10 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by D3cadent View Post
    Lmfao. Love it when people make these posts.
    I had honestly forgotten about stat corruptions, but increase from his stat corruptions is nowhere near 30%, anyone can get it. It's most still skill of the player.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xauro View Post
    And my point was really it dosnt feel good that you depend on luck.
    So your point is that it doesn't feel good to depend on luck but you make the thread about pay to win? Also just because a streamer says something doesn't make it true. The entire job of a streamer is to be entertainment and the more successful ones know what to say or do to play to the crowd. You also literally just got done saying you think its wrong you can pay to win and yet now claim you don't feel that way. Make up your mind.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    I see 475ilvl items with socket and good corruption for like 2-3 million on the AH. So now ppl buy wow tokens for real life money and then buy this items...
    Do the math on literally how much money you would have to spend on tokens JUST to purchase a single item. Most people would not be stupid enough to spend that much money for a single item. I mean, if you are averaging 150k per token? that's like $265 for just one item that's 2m gold.

"Winning" is not the word I'd use to describe paying $200+ just to top meters in some random guild.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So your point is that it doesn't feel good to depend on luck but you make the thread about pay to win? Also just because a streamer says something doesn't make it true. The entire job of a streamer is to be entertainment and the more successful ones know what to say or do to play to the crowd. You also literally just got done saying you think its wrong you can pay to win and yet now claim you don't feel that way. Make up your mind.
    2 diff things... what i said in OP is one thing. And what i feel is one thing. IF i said in OP that its pay to win. And then i reply you saying its not. I would understand you but that not the case.

So to make it clear for you. I didnt say its pay to win in OP. I ASKED if it is. But if you would ask me. I would say its close to pay to win dpsmeter. YES.

I also asked about if its good gameplay....so when i said "it dosnt feel good. " that was what i mean.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    Do the math on literally how much money you would have to spend on tokens JUST to purchase a single item. Most people would not be stupid enough to spend that much money for a single item. I mean, if you are averaging 150k per token? that's like $265 for just one item that's 2m gold.
    I know many that already doing it. Also... i know ppls play wow to get corrupt for 100 of hours. They grinding for it....if they took that time and work a fews hours more it would make them get there ALOT faster. YES sound crazy to work more at your job to get gear inside a game yes? But if that saves you 100 of hours in game. Does not seems that mad? else you would sit play a game hopeing you have luck for 100 of hours....and maybe not even get anything. Thats also waste of life. Alot more hours even!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    "Winning" is not the word I'd use to describe paying $200+ just to top meters in some random guild.
    Well i rather work 10h extra and know i get the items then sit wasting 100 of hours of my life and maybe not even get it. Thats winning for me. But go ahead. If you wanna waste 100 of hours more then someone else.

Good for you man. Im happy for you!

Well i rather work 10h extra and know i get the items then sit wasting 100 of hours of my life and maybe not even get it. Thats winning for me. But go ahead. If you wanna waste 100 of hours more then someone else.

Good for you man. Im happy for you!
    I mean, if you call playing the game "wasting 100h" then maybe you just don't really enjoy actually playing the game.

Not like this...corrupt effect does like 30-50% of your damge sometimes. Have never been like that before that BOE are so powerfull. Or maybe it have but that is bad gameplay.

- - - Updated - - -

yes but never this powerboost? 30%+ of your damage from one BOE? Really?

- - - Updated - - -

I agree. Feels bad man!
    Best gear in the world wont make a shit player not shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I mean, if you call playing the game "wasting 100h" then maybe you just don't really enjoy actually playing the game.
    As i asked in OP if it is good gamplay or not. It is not. Why such powerfull items from BOE? For me its not good gameplay. And it almost feels p2w dps meter.

So yeah in a way its waste of time. Better to work 10h and knowing 100% you get it then playing 100 of hours and not getting it. Both ways are waste of time ...just you get there faster. IM NOT saying its stupid to play 100 of hours and hope for luck. But its just bad gameplay. But if you enjoying sucking at dps becuz of 1 item and like playing 100 of hours not knowing if you will get a good item. Good for you. Im happy for you!

well in OP i didnt say its pay to win. Where? i ASKED if it is. But if you now ask me i say its very close to it. And so does preach and other streamers and ppls in this thread think. Maybe all of us are wrong and you are right. Could be! And my point was really it dosnt feel good that you depend on luck. Get good corr gear else your dps suck compared to ppls with luck. Could even be like you put 200 hours in playtime...someone put 100h . But he have more luck and does 20% more dps then you becuz 1 item. Balanced and good gameplay?

- - - Updated - - -

Its more so then ever. Alot bigger powerspike from ONE item. And yes some dont even agree with me. So cleary its not clear as you(and me) see it. Read the thread and you get what i mean.
    yeah, you are ofc right. but the only thing that changed is their greed factor. look:

timelineLongAgoPast:
    No cash grab system like Token at all. Benefit for count of players: 0. benefit for blizz: 0.

timelineAWhileAgoPast:
    Sell Tokens by accepting boosting ingame, and sell a few AH items, for ppl that have to much real money. try out if cash grab systems work. benefit for count of players: 10%. benefit for blizz: a bit extra money for doing nothing.

timelineLastYear(s): Make more items that can be bought from AH and give char power and add 5mio dinosaur incl. timeframe to buy it before it fades away. benefit for count of players: 20%. benefit for blizz: a good amount of extra money for doing nothing.

timelineYesterday: Make items that can be bought from AH and give absurd char power. benefit for count of players: 40%. benefit for blizz: bing bing $$ bill yall. bing bing bing $$$.

why i show this: as you can see, the only thing that changed is just another greed level of blizz by „lets try how far we can go and how much we can make profit with cash grab systems by doing nothing“. thats all. its not that it changed that much. its just the next level. and they will go on. as long as the cow is still milkable.

look: if 10 players pay blizz lets say 1 billion dollars into cash grab systems, blizz will be more fine than 1000 players pay them 100 millions for subs. what i wanna say is: as long as they can still make more profit with shit like that, even when x ppl leaved because of that shit, they are fine. they dont need 10 million players paying subs, when they make more money with 5 million players paying them for doing nothing, via cash grab systems.

clever bastards, eh?
    Last edited by Niwes; 2020-02-25 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Best gear in the world wont make a shit player not shit.
    where do i say that the OP BOE playing the game for you and basicly make you win? OFC NOT. But it helps alot....and not with few %. By a big margin. And thats my problem. A bad player will still do less dps then a good player with the same OP BOE. TRUE! But that not what we talking about here.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post

ofc! Activi$$ion Blizzgreed is totally winning. you just looked at the wrong side of the fence

As i asked in OP if it is good gamplay or not. It is not. Why such powerfull items from BOE? For me its not good gameplay. And it almost feels p2w dps meter.

So yeah in a way its waste of time. Better to work 10h and knowing 100% you get it then playing 100 of hours and not getting it. Both ways are waste of time ...just you get there faster. IM NOT saying its stupid to play 100 of hours and hope for luck. But its just bad gameplay. But if you enjoying sucking at dps becuz of 1 item and like playing 100 of hours not knowing if you will get a good item. Good for you. Im happy for you!
    I mean, you can make 2 million gold in less than 100h, gold is easy to make, hell most people don't even raid that many hours before the next patch. But if you want to wast 265 bucks on an item that will be good for all of a couple of months, that's your choice.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    You could always buy BOEs for money, so either wow has always been p2w or never.
    Pretty sure that you couldn't (legally) buy gold back then, neither were BoE's of yore as powerful as today's.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I really don't get why anyone would pay that amount for an item that will be replaced by the first green you get in shadowlands.

Also, this content will be all we get for the next 8 months or so, is it really so important you'd go and drop 10x tokens just to get a 475 piece a few weeks before you otherwise would normally?

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I mean, you can make 2 million gold in less than 100h, gold is easy to make, hell most people don't even raid that many hours before the next patch. But if you want to wast 265 bucks on an item that will be good for all of a couple of months, that's your choice.
    And if you work it take you 10h. See my point? Im sure there are ppls that are great makeing Gold in wow. 100k/h not a problem for them. Im not a guy like that. That " easy" does 100k/g hour. Maybe i do 25k/h....wuold take me ages. And thats not great gameplay. I rather work 10h at my work. Make my boss happy that i work some more...and with that i get my guaranteed BOE. But thats Me.

And yeah....basicly BOE with corr on shouldnt be there. Would solve alot what i mean. Someone that raids mythics...put 12h each week to progress. For months ...Should aswell get the best items. That im fine with. But whem you outside the game can get BEST BIS items...something wrong. You dont even need to get boosted on a " run" you just go to the AH and done with it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehorn View Post
    I really don't get why anyone would pay that amount for an item that will be replaced by the first green you get in shadowlands.

Also, this content will be all we get for the next 8 months or so, is it really so important you'd go and drop 10x tokens just to get a 475 piece a few weeks before you otherwise would normally?
    Well i agree. But the fact that you COULD do it. Its insane. With that powerspike. Its not like 5 or 10% more dps. Nono alot more..

These boes with corruptions are far superior to anything we've been able to buy from the auction house when it comes to power. The most outrageous example of their power was the world first race. The difference between a player with bis corruptions and the one without is really large, i'd say that constitutes calling this patch p2w (or at least you need to pay a lot to even have a chance to win).

Then again if you don't have a competition in your head about something in this game i guess it doesn't change much.

wow sucks ass and you people are stupid for playing it still.

ban me suck it mods
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu fhtagn View Post
    These boes with corruptions are far superior to anything we've been able to buy from the auction house when it comes to power. The most outrageous example of their power was the world first race. The difference between a player with bis corruptions and the one without is really large, i'd say that constitutes calling this patch p2w (or at least you need to pay a lot to even have a chance to win).

Then again if you don't have a competition in your head about something in this game i guess it doesn't change much.
    Yeah topping the DPS it not really important no. Agree. IF you gunna look at the big picture. If you anjoy be last on DPS meter and still enjoy the game. And if your guild are ok with " boosting you" when you hitting the harder HC and mythic bosses. Not really big problem..... But the fact that they made BOE have corr on them are a bad move. When you can get the best gear in the game not even playing the game. Something are wrong. You dont even need to get boosted. Just go to the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    wow sucks ass and you people are stupid for playing it still.

ban me suck it mods
    Still the best raiding MMO on the market, nothing compares

Basically, yeah.

They get away from being labeled so by one purchasing power indirectly, though.

BoEs haven been around for ages, but one has to have their head deep into a company's butt if they are to argue that these items and the corruption attached to them don't give the players quite the crazy, unbalanced edge.
    RNG that one can bypass with real money in any other game would be called P2W.