Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Castration View Post
    Sounds like you need to move on from this game... it's not for you.
    Because he doesn't like the AH? lol Got damn dude what if he likes everything else? Gotta forsake it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Solutions:
    • Move to a different server, either by making a new character or transferring your main;
    • Resign yourself to not use consumables anymore;
    • Farm gold so you can buy the herbs;
    • Or, the easiest of them all: gather the herbs yourself.
    Outside of changing realms he said he'd do all that

Also, the new AH system is great, for both sellers and buyers.
    This is an opinion

You have no idea how happy I am to not have to scroll through pages upon pages upon pages upon pages of "stacks of 1" just so I can find the bigger stacks, which also happened to be cheaper, too.
    You got something against addons?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by awadh View Post
    Zinanthid went in price everywhere. It's almost 30g on my realm with pot prices not necessarily reflecting that, there's barely any profit after generous procs because of dogshit fucking imbeciles undercutting so hard. Yes. Fucking retards are still undercutting a ton, last wednesday superior pots were 230g a pop on Kazzak. Some fucking idiot just posted a ton at 175g and other idiots undercut him to 100g.

His reasoning? Directly from the whisper: "I want mine to sell first" - people are so fucking stupid they don't even understand that they can post their items at the exact same price and they will still sell first because of LIFO...
    Did you take that opportunity to inform him of LIFO or continue to let him be uninformed? I personally don't call people stupid if they aren't aware of something. If they are aware and still do it then well lol
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    That’s only true if someone buys them before the next person posts more. Some people want to drive up prices and sit there posting and re-posting all day until someone pays up.

Other people just want to post one, sell it, get some money and move on. The more people push prices up, the fewer get sold, and the less likely it is that yours is the one that gets sold. So you just say screw it, and post a price that you’re sure will sell.

It’s basically how a market works.

Oh and the price can be temporarily lower than the herb cost if there’s a good supply of the pots and the herb has other uses. That’s the market telling you, “Don’t make this pot with that herb, there must be something else you can make that’s more valuable”.
    The market at that time was telling me there were stupid people selling stuff that have no respect for their time and are solo-gathering herbs, using them for pots, selling them for a loss (to them it's still profit, after all the herbs were free, gathered by themselves, time is free after all /s) instead of selling them raw.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I honestly have no idea how you could infer something like that from what I wrote.

Besides, addon or no addon, it's a fact that the original AH system was deeply flawed to begin with. The simple fact there were addons to optimize AH usage is evidence of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    Just throwing it out there, now there is no need to under-cut, prices stay artifically high on much needed items, costing an arm if you play as much mythic+ like I do. Zin'anthid are now sitting at 76Gold a piece on Shattered Hand and there will be no need for the price to be lowered any time soon. Yes I have a Herbalist, and yes I will have to be much more self sufficient now. If it wasn't for the fact I have quite a lot of wealth, i'd be screwed, as many of our raiders currently are because not everyone plays as much.

Blizzard, the new AH system MUST be looked at. Great for sellers, cripples buyers.

Just to note, that the prices on this realm have always been pretty on the higher end side but there were at least fluctuations and times where you could buy Herbs etc relatively cheap. Now, everything that is needed for important pots etc, are stuck on insane high prices.
    What I hear you saying is 'I'm too lazy to gather the herbs, and too cheap to pay what others believe is a fair price for their efforts. Blizzard you have to do something about the other guy'

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Oh I don’t know, maybe the part that says

“ Yes I have a Herbalist, and yes I will have to be much more self sufficient now.”
    And that has zero to do with the OPs tears.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I honestly have no idea how you could infer something like that from what I wrote.
    Allow me to explain then

Also, the new AH system is great, for both sellers and buyers. You have no idea how happy I am to not have to scroll through pages upon pages upon pages upon pages of "stacks of 1" just so I can find the bigger stacks, which also happened to be cheaper, too.
    If you were using Auctionator you wouldn't have to scroll through pages and pages

Find the price you're fine with spending, click it, click Buy and gg, if you want to buy more click Buy Another.

Besides, addon or no addon, it's a fact that the original AH system was deeply flawed to begin with. The simple fact there were addons to optimize AH usage is evidence of that.
    I didn't say it wasn't flawed, only that there were ways to avoid having to scroll through pages of 1 stack of 1. So if there was a way to alleviate your issue with the AH but you chose not to then I could only assume that you either A) Weren't fond of using addons or B) Didn't know the addon existed.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2020-02-24 at 10:10 PM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

The new AH is worse than any previous AH addon, but lots of people don't use addons at all. That explains why the market is noticeably more efficient now.

And of course there are still addons. TSM worked right away and Auctionator is progressing nicely. Auctioneer I haven't seen, they want you to pay into their Patreon and F that.

Allow me to explain then

If you were using Auctionator you wouldn't have to scroll through pages and pages

https://legacy-wow.com/wp-content/up...uctionator.jpg

Find the price you're fine with spending, click it, click Buy and gg, if you want to buy more click Buy Another.
    Again, how did you get this "I don't like addons" from my post, since I never said anything of the sort?

I could only assume
    Read the old adage about "assuming" things.

Lower pop servers had FUBAR economy long before 8.3.

Last fall I was thinking about joining friends on a high-pop server, and what sealed the deal for me was getting something like 50 rep away from mechagon exalted, wanting to finish that night before reset, with the only available rep source to finish a profession quest to hand in 20 fish.

Said fish cost hundreds of gold each on that server, but were <25g on large servers. It would have cost close to 10k to finish one profession world quest, instead of 500g.

It also took me an hour to farm. I finished it anyway and immediately transferred.

I also burnt out hard in 8.1 progression and was away from the game for several months over the cost of raiding on a lower pop server. Herbs/pots in particular were way too much, flask and food was never much of an issue. We were raiding 5 nights a week for the first three weeks of the patch, and the day off was spent herb farming for the next week. It's not "spend 30 minutes on a weekend" to farm pots. I don't think 30 minutes a day would cover pots if you're tryharding mythic and trying to double pot every attempt. It was taking several hours every Saturday to get enough for a week, it felt like a job, and it wasn't fun. That ended and I just bought it anyway, but it cost upper hundreds of thousands of gold in consumables to raid a single tier.

After transferring, none of this has been an issue. It's expensive, but it's manageable now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its almost like a raid and new m+ season came out not long ago.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Again, how did you get this "I don't like addons" from my post, since I never said anything of the sort?
    I said

Which is a question, I didn't say that you did have something against addons

Read the old adage about "assuming" things.
    Which again, is why I asked the question to see if my assumption is right. I might just be fucking retarded though because I honestly can't think of something without making an assumption about it. I however won't act off my assumptions, I'll always ask for clarification I don't think you quite understand that I'm asking a question yet though lol.
    My Collection

15+ Year Old Account
    Do people forget economics? As long as someone is demanding (willing to buy at any price), they will supply.

If the supply is too high, prices will drop.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    People who were undercutting before are still undercutting now and there are still people who undercut by a lot.
    Quoted for truth, I picked up two mounts the other day for half their usual value.
    Here is something to believe in!

These are zin prices on Stormrage. People still undercut, just not as much and not by as much. Prices are inflated due to progression currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    i actually went farming for zin'anthid the other day. had trouble finding lots of nodes. faster to just farm the gold at this point.
    Yep welcome to CRZ and everything being picked clean by multiboxers from probably some high pop realm, so you'll never see those herbs on YOUR AH.

Low pop realms are always screwed, it's just funny how there was a thread about merges needed and people were like "hands off my low pop realm it has benefits" (like what, everything that used to be a benefit like camping rares got obliterated by CRZ) or "it's irrelevant, cuz you can group xrealm for content" (I guess nobody tried to conduct trade on those realms), some guy even linked me undermine journal where a realm had a whopping 173 Zinanthids at a given time, is that gonna prove me you can actually consider buying herbs from AH? How many pots you can do with sub 1 stack? LOL.

It's not really "new AH" it's that low pop realms always suffer from lack of supply, lack of buyers, and market manipulation (with low supply it's very easy for 1 goblin to control a market and reset to whatever price he wants).

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by awadh View Post
    Zinanthid went in price everywhere. It's almost 30g on my realm with pot prices not necessarily reflecting that, there's barely any profit after generous procs because of dogshit fucking imbeciles undercutting so hard. Yes. Fucking retards are still undercutting a ton, last wednesday superior pots were 230g a pop on Kazzak. Some fucking idiot just posted a ton at 175g and other idiots undercut him to 100g.

His reasoning? Directly from the whisper: "I want mine to sell first" - people are so fucking stupid they don't even understand that they can post their items at the exact same price and they will still sell first because of LIFO...
    I'm from Kazzak too, I whisperd one of these idiots aswell, their response was : you can buy all of them and sell them at a higher price.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

The new AH system is awesome. Should have come in years ago.
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    I'm from Kazzak too, I whisperd one of these idiots aswell, their response was : you can buy all of them and sell them at a higher price.
    I mean, he's not wrong, you can.

LIFO is awful, causes me to have to relist CONSTANTLY, i basically have to keep a second wow open for relisting.

Snip.
    Excep Auctionator (and all the other addons) really did not like the thousands of listings per item. Getting to the actual buy button would take a considerable amount of time, and if there were no 200 stacks, or they were overpriced, you had to wait the same amount of time after buying each stack. Not to mention that addons should enhance and customize your experience, not be essential for basic actions, which was most definitely the case for AH.

So I'm glad the default AH UI is now actually useful, the only feature that is really missing from it is a checkbox to only show items from current expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    With the amount of hardcore raiding guilds on Kazzak that could actually be the play... They actually have a chance to sell there much faster than on Moonglade-EU or some other godforsaken hellhole where prices are high but nothing ever sells.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I mean, he's not wrong, you can.

LIFO is awful, causes me to have to relist CONSTANTLY, i basically have to keep a second wow open for relisting.
    Nah , there's no demand for the amount of heavily undercutted stuff being put on AH on Kazzak.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!