Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    Nah , there's no demand for the amount of heavily undercutted stuff being put on AH on Kazzak.
    I mean, I'm not saying that it isn't annoying to be undercut that much (though as a buyer I love it ), just that he's not wrong that if you're that fussed about it it's an option.

and the second part was just unrelated, I hate LIFO

Quote Originally Posted by awadh View Post
    Zinanthid went in price everywhere. It's almost 30g on my realm with pot prices not necessarily reflecting that, there's barely any profit after generous procs because of dogshit fucking imbeciles undercutting so hard. Yes. Fucking retards are still undercutting a ton, last wednesday superior pots were 230g a pop on Kazzak. Some fucking idiot just posted a ton at 175g and other idiots undercut him to 100g.

His reasoning? Directly from the whisper: "I want mine to sell first" - people are so fucking stupid they don't even understand that they can post their items at the exact same price and they will still sell first because of LIFO...
    My favorite line is I want people to be to afford my stuiff. You don't use the auction house for the best price but for convenience. It's much cheaper to spam trade and by things in bulk at lower price.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the new AH System.

found an item you wanna sell like that sword from Expeditions? find the lowest price, undercut by 10%, wait for it to sell
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

for me it just looks like they completely killed „the AH game“. but idk. i am no longer that deep into this wow stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    I like the new AH System.

found an item you wanna sell like that sword from Expeditions? find the lowest price, undercut by 10%, wait for it to sell
    Why undercut by 10%...

Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    Why undercut by 10%...
    Honestly, because it bothers people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why undercut by 10%...
    cause I want mine to sell.

Bird in the hand yo

#TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Honestly, because it bothers people.
    But why not do what's best for your wallet. Who goes through life trying to tilt other people out of boredom.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    Just throwing it out there, now there is no need to under-cut, prices stay artifically high on much needed items, costing an arm if you play as much mythic+ like I do. Zin'anthid are now sitting at 76Gold a piece on Shattered Hand and there will be no need for the price to be lowered any time soon. Yes I have a Herbalist, and yes I will have to be much more self sufficient now. If it wasn't for the fact I have quite a lot of wealth, i'd be screwed, as many of our raiders currently are because not everyone plays as much.

Blizzard, the new AH system MUST be looked at. Great for sellers, cripples buyers.

Just to note, that the prices on this realm have always been pretty on the higher end side but there were at least fluctuations and times where you could buy Herbs etc relatively cheap. Now, everything that is needed for important pots etc, are stuck on insane high prices.
    So farm your own herbs? Supply and demand is a very simple concept, if you don't like it you are quite free to opt out and do it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    cause I want mine to sell.

Bird in the hand yo
    It might sell just as well with a smaller cut... I don't get that logic. You don't use the auction to save money but for convenience.

But why not do what's best for your wallet. Who goes through life trying to tilt other people out of boredom.
    undercutting isn't going to make or break it, I really don't care about gold anyway, i generally only have like 10-40k across my account at at time

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why undercut by 10%...
    Because we want our shit to sell? That and the tears when someone whispers or mails to bitch about undercutting are amazing. You are quite free to buy the item yourself and resell it at your own price... you would make a profit on it... if anyone was willing to pay that price

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Because we want our shit to sell? That and the tears when someone whispers or mails to bitch about undercutting are amazing. You are quite free to buy the item yourself and resell it at your own price... you would make a profit on it... if anyone was willing to pay that price
    I do but if you want your item to sell. There are better ways. I love when someone undercuts than gets undercut several times. It's karma.

- - - Updated - - -

undercutting isn't going to make or break it, I really don't care about gold anyway, i generally only have like 10-40k across my account at at time
    Depends on the size of the undercut over thousand of items that is a lot of gold lost.

I do but if you want your item to sell. There are better ways. I love when someone undercuts than gets undercut several times. It's karma.

- - - Updated - - -

Depends on the size of the undercut over thousand of items that is a lot of gold lost.
    I mean, if I had over a thousand items, I would have more that 10k gold.

I mean, if I had over a thousand items, I would have more that 10k gold.
    Over the course of an expansion, I wouldn't be shocked to see you reach over a thousand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bird in the Hand is worth Two in the Bush.

I'll take it at "90%" Value if it means I get my money. all day every day

#TeamFuckEverything

Over the course of an expansion, I wouldn't be shocked to see you reach over a thousand.
    Nah, I general only post on the AH maybe 10-15 times over the course of an expansion, usually only if something is super expensive, my wife is the one who plays the AH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    Just throwing it out there, now there is no need to under-cut, prices stay artifically high on much needed items, costing an arm if you play as much mythic+ like I do. Zin'anthid are now sitting at 76Gold a piece on Shattered Hand and there will be no need for the price to be lowered any time soon. Yes I have a Herbalist, and yes I will have to be much more self sufficient now. If it wasn't for the fact I have quite a lot of wealth, i'd be screwed, as many of our raiders currently are because not everyone plays as much.

Blizzard, the new AH system MUST be looked at. Great for sellers, cripples buyers.

Just to note, that the prices on this realm have always been pretty on the higher end side but there were at least fluctuations and times where you could buy Herbs etc relatively cheap. Now, everything that is needed for important pots etc, are stuck on insane high prices.
    There's a new raid out. People are pushing, demand for these items is high, so the price goes up.

This is basic economics. I am curious though, because I quit when 8.3 launched and didn't use the new AH much at all, what change makes undercutting obsolete? Not having to buy full stacks or something? From what I saw it's mostly the same AH just a few new small things and a new UI.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I said

Which is a question, I didn't say that you did have something against addons
    Except the way you worded that presents it as a loaded question.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    i actually went farming for zin'anthid the other day. had trouble finding lots of nodes. faster to just farm the gold at this point.
    Yep, after 8.3 feels like they nerfed the respawn time of zin'anthid, but I bet those bots are at it full time. It's frustrating when you find 10-15 nodes in the entire zone, and I just farm to make pots and flask for my 2 chars, no selling at all.