Page 16 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    It's possible to get corruption items in WoW by spending real life money. That's a fact.
    Wrong. Its "sometimes" possible to get corrupted items in WoW by spending money and Hoping someone buys your token in the first place. Its also possible to buy it without any money being spent, and thus, Defeats the pay to win entirely.
    Right now, on my realm, it is not possible to buy any corrupted gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    As I said in my first reply to you: "a far better definition of p2w is that you are required to pay in order to win." I even repeated it in later posts.

It makes it difficult to take you seriously if you're arguing against me, yet somehow didn't notice what I was actually writing....
    But I'm not arguing against you. I'm not sure where you got that from. I just answered a "yes or no" question and you started attacking me.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    It’s like saying that Clash Royale is not p2w because you can take cards to high level like people that pay, sadly this is taking something like years more than people that pay.
    but it doesnt take years to get corrupted items, you actualy have 2 GUARANTEED per week... if you actualy play ofc

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Non-sequitur after non-sequitur.. none of that is relevant. Literally none of it. You can buy the best gear with real money. Whether or not its the main way people chose to gear is wholly irrelevant.
    Honestly, I don't believe you've said anything relevant this whole thread. What you do seem to be good at though is making false/misleading statements:

Like this gem: "You can buy the best gear with real money"

Firstly, you can't buy "the best gear". "The best gear" means having a complete set of gear, not just 1 or 2 pieces.
    Secondly, 99.9% of players can't even buy those pieces of gear because there isn't enough of it available. So your statement is a further 99.9% false.

As I said to @Lei, being able to buy BoE epics with tokens is a massively different prospect from being able to buy unlimited quantities of such items directly from the shop. They're not even remotely similar in terms of impact it would have on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Wrong. Its "sometimes" possible to get corrupted items in WoW by spending money and Hoping someone buys your token in the first place. Its also possible to buy it without any money being spent, and thus, Defeats the pay to win entirely.
    Right now, on my realm, it is not possible to buy any corrupted gear.
    "sometimes" possible = possible

Definition of possible: "something that may exist or happen, but that is not necessarily certain or probable."

"sometimes" possible = possible

Definition of possible: "something that may exist or happen, but that is not necessarily certain or probable."
    adjective
    adjective: possible

able to be done; within the power or capacity of someone or something.

Not possible on my server. So wrong still. You're thinking feasible. In that case, yes, it is Feasible.
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    but does that by any means give you some impassable advantage? the answer is no, so its not p2w, more like p2 get a slight increase in power...
    thats why people who dont aim for world first race rather SELL those items than keep them to themselves, they know they can get on the same powr levels with soulbound gear and milk morons who buy the items...
    But that's how most people define p2w.

The common perception is: p2w = pay to get an advantage

Buying items for ingame gold is intended and called "trading".

Basically as soon as you could spend real money to get ingame gold through blizzard - the game became P2W.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This the epitome of projection. Youre literally changing the definition so it fits your narrative.. pathetic
    There is no "the definition". That's a big part of this argument - that different people choose to use different definitions. Ironically I am one of the few who isn't using my definition to fit a narrative, I am using it to drive a narrative. Convince me of a different definition, and my narrative will change accordingly.

The simple fact that the means exist, to buy the best gear, with real money, is all thats required for a system to be considered pay to win. Show us otherwise please.
    The link that @Kaver provided supports my definition quite nicely: https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...erm=pay-to-win

"Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying."

"Several games nowadays have the option to pay real money to enhance the experience of the player, often frustrating him unless he pays up."

"Pay to Win is a situation in gaming (usually MMOs or Massively Multiplayer Online games) where companies allow you to buy items or advantages with real money that cannot be obtained normally by playing the game.

An exception to the rule is that if an item/advantage can be obtained in-game but the acquisition time is unreasonably long, that can also be considered Pay to Win."

adjective
    adjective: possible

able to be done; within the power or capacity of someone or something.

Not possible on my server. So wrong still. You're thinking feasible. In that case, yes, it is Feasible.
    Okay. My point was based on the definition of possible that I wrote.

It's something that can happen in the game. It's not necessarily possible at any given time on every server, but it can happen somewhere in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Buying items for ingame gold is intended and called "trading".

Basically as soon as you could spend real money to get ingame gold through blizzard - the game became P2W.
    a)you could do this sincee classic
    b)win what

The Actual common perception is Pay To Win is literal in meaning. You have to pay in order to win or succeed.

There is no other definition. Speaking purely by the definition. 1) you cannot pay for gear with money directly. 2) it won't ensure any advantage in the least. 3) it wont even ensure you can succeed in playing well or beating anything of relevance.

Even using your false definition of "paying for an advantage", it fails. Having 1 or 2 corrupted items is not an advantage. It wont give you the edge needed to beat someone in PvP if you play like garbage. It won't give the upper had on someone who has the same gear but from a boss drop. It wont help you to survive mechanics and ensure you get a kill on a raid boss. It gives a slight dps boost that will not be enough to trump skill or someone who has the same gear without buying it.

An exception to the rule is that if an item/advantage can be obtained in-game but the acquisition time is unreasonably long, that can also be considered Pay to Win."
    You can apply this rule to corruption gear.

Okay. My point was based on the definition of possible that I wrote.

It's something that can happen in the game. It's not necessarily possible at any given time on every server, but it can happen somewhere in the game.
    My point is on the Real definition. Not the ones you randomly make up. By the real definitions, its Feasible somewhere. Can it happen? Sure. Will someone who bought it suddenly be beating players in PvP or destroying mythic raid bosses? Not a chance.

well if that is the point of view then wow was always p2w...

i would say most people perceive p2w is when yo can buy advantage you CANT gain by playing, or it would be necessary to play impossible amount of time to get it

my point of view of p2w is if the game itself (blizz) offers you to buy the power, and that is not the case... (and no, tokens dont fit, as you sell tokens to other players, and buy gear from other players, blizzard just got the cut which they would anyway as you have to pay sub)

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Dude. YOU linked a page with some common definitions. I suggest you read it....

How does having infinite stars give someone an advantage if they keep dieing to mechanics? Or how does it help them in a PvP fight when they have no idea how to PvP?

The Actual common perception is Pay To Win is literal in meaning. You have to pay in order to win or succeed.
    This is not what we see in most game. Normally p2w games just give the player a groundbreaking advantage. But the player still need to play to win.

you have literally two guaranteed corrupted items a week if you actualy play the game...

Dude. YOU linked a page with some common definitions. I suggest you read it....
    If you get an unfair advantage in pvp it makes the game unbalanced.