Page 17 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    This is not what we see in most game. Normally p2w games just give the player a groundbreaking advantage. But the player still need to play to win.
    which if you consider corruption outside of "ranking" of which gives you most pure dps, is not true with corrupted gear

This is not what we see in most game. Normally p2w games just give the player a groundbreaking advantage. But the player still need to play to win.
    Then its not p2w. Unless that advantage is something they cannot earn in game, then its not p2w. Its pay for convenience.

Saying "the player still needs to play to win" is like saying you still need to breath to live. No point in spending money in a game if you don't intend to actually play the darn thing.

If you get an unfair advantage in pvp it makes the game unbalanced.
    But, you don't. Its not an advantage in PvP unless you're skilled already and took the needed time to get the resistance to use the gear without being killed by it.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    you have literally two guaranteed corrupted items a week if you actualy play the game...
    I play WoW every day, doing many many high keys and both heroic and mythic raiding. I still don't have Twilight devastation.

Quote Originally Posted by Xauro View Post
    I see 475ilvl items with socket and good corruption for like 2-3 million on the AH. So now ppl buy wow tokens for real life money and then buy this items...

Is this good gameplay or not? Pay to win?

Blizzard probly happy about it as they earn more $$$

EDIT: What i mean by p2w is win the damage meter. More dps make dungeon/raid/pvp easyer. One with buyed BIS for real life money VS one with no corrupt or a bad one. Who would you put your money on? Who would you like to have in your raid/dungeon/arena. Also my english are pretty bad so sorry for not explaining so all understand. I did my best, sorry.

VERY funny thing is that i asked both if its good gameplay and if its P2W. None/few answer if its good gameplay. All get stuck if its P2W instead. Ppl are funny

Apparently Preach Gaming have a video about it.

That’s not really what pay to win is. People have always been able to buy gold, through gold sellers or now blizzard and buy gear from the AH - don’t act like it’s a new thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    How does having infinite stars give someone an advantage if they keep dieing to mechanics? Or how does it help them in a PvP fight when they have no idea how to PvP?
    A bad player will always be bad of course. But infinite stars still makes him a lot more powerful.

I play WoW every day, doing many many high keys and both heroic and mythic raiding. I still don't have Twilight devastation.
    i do, and its sitting in my bank bcs with 2x +% to crit and 1x haste proc (which have together the same amount of corruption which i want to keep at reasonable levels) i do more dps...

and thats despite the fact my prefered stat is mastery, and haste is on bottom...

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Then its not p2w. Unless that advantage is something they cannot earn in game, then its not p2w.
    Most people define it as getting an impactful advantage that unfairly improves your chances of winning.

- - - Updated - - -

i do, and its sitting in my bank bcs with 2x +% to crit and 1x haste proc (which have together the same amount of corruption which i want to keep at reasonable levels) i do more dps...

and thats despite the fact my prefered stat is mastery, and haste is on bottom...
    The point was about the time consumption to get the specific piece.

Twilight Devastation is by far the best M+ corruption for many specs (if not all, im not sure).

- - - Updated - - -

which if you consider corruption outside of "ranking" of which gives you most pure dps, is not true with corrupted gear
    But that's besides the point.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can apply this rule to corruption gear.
    False.

It's not about the corruption gear. It's about the ease of obtaining gold. One of the fundamental flaws in the "Tokens are p2w" is the unfounded assumption that tokens represent the preferred method of acquiring gold. They are not. And they cannot be based on the way in which tokens actually work - in that the gold actually comes from other players.

The prices of corruption gear are not set according to what people who buy tokens are likely to have - they're set according to what people who are good at making gold in the game are likely to pay.

If I am making 10M gold a month off the AH and I use that gold to buy a bunch of powerful BoE's that is not p2w. And honestly, I am not going to give a shit about anyone who depends on tokens for gold, my real competition in buying that epic is going to be from other AH goblins.

This discussion would be very different if Blizzard sold gold directly (eg 1M gold for $10), or if they sold BoE's directly (eg $50 for a BiS BoE). But they don't. The system they have in the actual game is very different, on a number of fundamental levels, to p2w

15+ Year Old Account
    I think P2W is only a thing in pvp games, personally. If someone wants to spend 5000$ or play 24 hours a day to kill a boss faster, I really don't care, nice dedication bro.

But if I'm starting a pvp season and then someone appears with some OP stuff they bought from an in game store while I have to go grind for it and kills me 10 times in a row, then yeah, that's just cheating. You've never really been able to do that in WoW to any consequence, so no, not P2W.

P2W in WoW is like someone who bought an account that was parked at 2k with full pvp set getting carried to Glad, which is highly frowned upon.

The point was about the time consumption to get the specific piece.
    the specific piece is useless if you have few few "worse" pieces, which you get incredibly easily...
    thats why there is corruption and bad effects and ressistance, you could get 5 pieces of gear with devastation and they would be USELESS, as you can only equip one (unless you want to top the corruption and die of slight breeze)

but it doesnt take years to get corrupted items, you actualy have 2 GUARANTEED per week... if you actualy play ofc
    I am probably wrong but in my mind people who buy 470+ gear at AH are players that don’t play tons of hours per week.

I play one hour per day and not even all day, all I get more or less for sure is the 460 +9 chest every Wednesday.

People playing 4-5 hours per day all days do not need to buy anything, probably.

But we are derailing. Technically it’s possible to buy huge upgrades with real money. For me it’s a non issue given the cost and the fact that boes are rarer than a 0,1% mount drop, but it’s indeed possible.

Simple awnser; No it’s not pay to win. And never will be. Anyone thinking it is is just a dumb person. Giving alternative methods on how to obtain something is not by definition p2w. When the only method on obtaining an abbilty/item that increases your power thats p2w. Which wow does not have. So close this thread. And move on

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    "Apparently Preach Gaming have a video about it." - Shocking!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    I am probably wrong but in my mind people who buy 470+ gear at AH are players that don’t play tons of hours per week.

I play one hour per day and not even all day, all I get more or less for sure is the 460 +9 chest every Wednesday.

People playing 4-5 hours per day all days do not need to buy anything, probably.

But we are derailing. Technically it’s possible to buy huge upgrades with real money. For me it’s a non issue given the cost and the fact that boes are rarer than a 0,1% mount drop, but it’s indeed possible.
    eh, technicaly you can buy the huge upgrade, but if you play enough its easily impassable, and if you dont its utterly useless
    i think buying that gear (unless aiming for world first) is like a stupidity tax...

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    This discussion would be very different if Blizzard sold gold directly (eg 1M gold for $10), or if they sold BoE's directly (eg $50 for a BiS BoE).
    I'm not in any discussion.

Originally I just stated that in WoW it is a possibility to easily obtain very powerful items by using real life money.

I don't care about tokens etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just ran Waycrest Manor on an alt for the World quest/430 item, and I was #1 on the meters by a large margin. Its a good thing WoW is pay2win now, my alt and her level 1 cloak would not have been able to win the game otherwise!

Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are you trying to argue that PvP ladder placings are determined by who spends the most $$ on tokens with which to buy BoE's? That's ludicrous.

the specific piece is useless if you have few few "worse" pieces, which you get incredibly easily...
    For me Twilight Devastation is much much better than any other corruption (also per 1 corruption) in M+. The difference between having that corruption or not, is huge. I need that corruption to be really competitive in high keys, and it can potentially take me a long time to get it.

Just bow out.. bunch of mongoloid zealots struggling to hang onto a game thats a shadow of its former self..

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Are you trying to argue that PvP ladder placings are determined by who spends the most $$ on tokens with which to buy BoE's? That's ludicrous.
    Nope never said that. But it can make some situation unbalanced.

You are having an argument with yourself. I'm not participating.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Just bow out.. bunch of mongoloid zealots..
    It's okay, I'm bored right now anyway.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2020-02-25 at 11:22 AM.