Not getting whispers from 2 people, but they aren't on ignore

As title states, I can't figure why these two people can't send me tells. They are not on ignore, so I don't have a real good idea how to address this. I use badboy and it's various modules for spam. But I don't have the custom text input filled out at all, nor do I have anyone ignored through those options. Only way I know I got a tell is the sound, I hear the ping. Anyone have a clue as to how I could track down what is happening? After thought...I use wow instant messenger addon for whispers, but to my knowledge it doesn't have an ignore feature...

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the first thing to do is turn off addons to verify its an addon problem. Then enable one a time from there.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastlane_hellscream View Post
    As title states, I can't figure why these two people can't send me tells. They are not on ignore, so I don't have a real good idea how to address this. I use badboy and it's various modules for spam. But I don't have the custom text input filled out at all, nor do I have anyone ignored through those options. Only way I know I got a tell is the sound, I hear the ping. Anyone have a clue as to how I could track down what is happening? After thought...I use wow instant messenger addon for whispers, but to my knowledge it doesn't have an ignore feature...
    Are you 100% sure they are not on ignore?

A few years ago, Blizzard changed ignore to be account wide, so if you ignore DouchBag, you automatically also ignore ScumBag which is his alt. Even MrNiceGuy is also ignored, because it's his very rarely used alt.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I have the opposite problem, sometimes cross-realm ignore doesn't work, and I still end up getting whispers from twats I tried to ignore numerous times.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Are you 100% sure they are not on ignore?

A few years ago, Blizzard changed ignore to be account wide, so if you ignore DouchBag, you automatically also ignore ScumBag which is his alt. Even MrNiceGuy is also ignored, because it's his very rarely used alt.
    I did not realize that. I will check all my alts to verify. Thanks for the heads up!

if you can see their messages from /d /gr /i /g channels or basic zone channels then they are not ignored.
    If you hear a notification sound but don't see their messages then you might have their wisp window set in a weird place on your screen. Or have an addon/weakaura closing your chat window instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    if you can see their messages from /d /gr /i /g channels or basic zone channels then they are not ignored.
    If you hear a notification sound but don't see their messages then you might have their wisp window set in a weird place on your screen. Or have an addon/weakaura closing your chat window instantly.
    Yea, I can see them in normal channels. I'll have to see how to reset window in WIM addon to see if that helps.Or I may just uninstall it with settings deleted, and reinstall. Thanks for the all the help so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastlane_hellscream View Post
    I did not realize that. I will check all my alts to verify. Thanks for the heads up!
    I'm not completely sure, it matters about YOUR alts, more if you are ignoring some of THEIR alts.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I'm not completely sure, it matters about YOUR alts, more if you are ignoring some of THEIR alts.
    Yea, I just emptied my ignore list on every character I have. Just in case lol. Will see what happens the next time I see them.

Ever pondered over Zen Buddhism’s impression on contemporary minimalist European architecture, or pictured yourself in the wilds of Antarctica and in the presence of a colony of Emperor Penguins

Quote Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
    Ever pondered over Zen Buddhism’s impression on contemporary minimalist European architecture, or pictured yourself in the wilds of Antarctica and in the presence of a colony of Emperor Penguins
    EVERY single Monday of the new month
    "Warlocks are the class that gives

we give all our spells and abilities to other classes"

- Bamboozer, from the Official WoW Warlock Forum