Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Mage Tower >>> Horrific Visions

- Seven different versions which means less repetitive
    - Not gated behind a crappy gated item, that you need to upgrade every week
    - Unique cool skin weapon rewards

I mean, I agree I was a bigger fan of Mage tower, primarily because I do not like time pressure being one of the main causes of difficulty. I do not know if this thread serves a purpose those.

10+ Year Old Account
    okay, mate.

I liked the mage tower more but beyond being solo content they are pretty hard to compare. One is a boss fight the other is really more of a gauntlet. Even 5 masked the "boss" isn't nearly the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    But mage tower was gated behind a 'crappy gated item'...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I agree on the gating thing. Some gating is fine, but it's just too much. The cloak upgrades should have been boss > 1 small area > 2 small areas > 1 big area > 2 big areas > all areas + boss with a total of 6 weeks. Not the total of what is it now? 12?

Now Mage Tower vs Visions .. they're different things. The disadvantage of Visions is that you're forced to farm to upgrade the cloak and the talent thing instead of focusing on pushing masks. For example, I switched chars 3 weeks ago, I'd love to go for masks but I can't afford to risk losing out on pages should I fail.

I think the reason why people compare visions to mage towers all the time is because people expected similar content based on Ion’s comment comparing them as same type of content.

Personally I loved mage tower (got all 34 skins), but feel pretty mediocre about visions. I love difficult content, but I hate using timers as a measure of difficulty.

Mage towers I always felt was my own errors that caused a wipe.

Visions I feel there are too many elements outside my control that can affect my run. (Correct titan research, not high enough cloak, correct corruption gear, wrong class/spec (as everyone is doing the same challenge, some classes/specs WILL have an advantage/disadvantage no matter how well its tuned)).
    Last edited by zawyer; 2020-02-25 at 03:40 PM.

you only had to do mage tower a few times and then no reason to go back. Visions have some shit to go back for

Quote Originally Posted by zawyer View Post
    I think the reason why people compare visions to mage towers all the time is because people expected similar content based on Ion’s comment comparing them as same type of content.

Personally I loved mage tower (got all 34 skins), but feel pretty mediocre about visions. I love difficult content, but I hate using timers as a measure of difficulty.
    Did he? Can't remember... remember him explaining it's scenario based content that can be done solo or up to 5 people with emphasis on that it being solo content for those who wanted. My guess people took solo content and then thought it would be like mage tower... considering the entire premise is that it's a scenario in orgrimmar and SW should tell everyone that it's completely different from ONE fight that the mage tower was.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Ok boom....

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    It was gated behind shitty currency that was tied to shitty wq's.. Did you even play legion?

Plus they were tailored and fine tuned to what your spec was capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I wouldnt call that "gated" I still have tens of thousands of that currency that we just couldnt spend enough of. Did you play enough Legion?
    They are equally gated. Because just for comparison I have shitload of vessels to enter horrific visions as well.
    And grinding those vessels is actually more fun than nethershards. Now we at least have various dailies, assaults and lesser visions instead of stupid portal farming under ship for 2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    It was gated behind shitty currency that was tied to shitty wq's.. Did you even play legion?
    Ugh, yes. I did Mage Tower on... about 30 specs. I don't really recall farming Nethershards, they came easily and a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Did he? Can't remember... remember him explaining it's scenario based content that can be done solo or up to 5 people with emphasis on that it being solo content for those who wanted. My guess people took solo content and then thought it would be like mage tower... considering the entire premise is that it's a scenario in orgrimmar and SW should tell everyone that it's completely different from ONE fight that the mage tower was.
    He directly said they were inspired by Mage Towers in an interview.

Mage tower was horrifically balanced with no opportunity for partial advancement... it was absolutely horrible.

Gave up on them as a complete joke within weeks.

Horrific visions has progress, you can partially improve as you go.

I moved up from 1/5 to now being at 5/5 and looking to go onto masks.

PS: Both mage tower and horrific visions are 'gated' behind collecting currency.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    I don't really recall farming Nethershards, they came easily and a lot.
    I very well remember how all of my guild and friends hated that farm. Jesus, 90% of BfA was more fun than farming nethershards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    such thought
    very insight
    much opinion

wowwww
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    you only had to do mage tower a few times and then no reason to go back. Visions have some shit to go back for
    One time power progress, boring cosmetic and recolour of a mount.

Mage Tower unlocked 4 skins of the best looking tier. Of a weapon.

I still get asked where I got my Flail and Laserscythe. You can't get them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    I don't really recall farming Nethershards, they came easily and a lot.
    They did come easily and alot - just like the new currency does... I'm at rank 11 cloak, and have 7 vessels in my bags right now.

Just because you don't remember farming Nethershards - doesn't mean you didn't.... there was even shard farming groups to do it they were that hard to get at the start.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.