Page 33 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I do though I didn't expect to... I don't think they should of been tied to a necessity like the cloak and allowed to stand on their own two legs but over all the content is far more engaging then I ever imagined single player wow would be beyond the mage tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    This whole expansion is a pain in the ass for alts.
    so i came back in 8.2.5

flash forward to korrak's revenge.

/endofdebate.

seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I found them fun for the first...5?
    Now at a level 11 cloak, the thought of doing enough to get to up to 15, and then maaaaaybe bothering on my alts makes me want to not log in. They distinctly feel like a repetitive chore at this point.
    Yep, got to 7, and with my current gear I simply dont need any more than that. I’ll do 1 per week when Org is up but thats about it.... theres far more entertaining stuff to do in this game.

And just hell no to doing any of this on alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Ok, let me explain it to you again.

In visions, specifically the orgrimmar one, there is a mob that stacks 100% damage taken onto you. They stack this very fast, you'll usually get 3-4 stacks of it unless you arrive at that pack with cooldowns or the final talent buff up.

Ordinarily, this does nothing, because virtually every single attack inside visions does zero damage. Zero x500% = zero still.

But there exists a thing called 'grand delusions', which typically hit you for like 30% of your hp, in that case its about 150k-200k for me. With this buff, by sheer chance, you can get one shotted by this out-of-vision mechanic, comboed with a vision mechanic.

Now, i know, you'll give me some Pepega 'pull your boot straps up' arguement. Lemme give you mine - this is dumb. The thing in itself should be hard. Visions are a joke in terms of difficulty, then out of no where you get one shot. This is just bad design. When we're reaching several hundred percent damage taken just to be able to kill players, its obvious that this is bad design. When that doesn't even kill players and you need to take an out-of-vision mechanic just to do so, its undeniably omega bad design.

Think of mage tower for instance, which this keeps getting compared to. In the mage tower, everything in there killed you essentially. In most of the mage towers anyway. As a tank, the knockback, the eyes, the infernals, kruul, the stacking debuff, all of that could kill you. In visions, the only thing that kills you is 400% damage taken specifically from shadow damage, in combination with you equipping an item 3 weeks ago.

You will run this vision 100 times and maybe in 20 of those visions, you'll arrive at this pack with no procs or cooldowns ready. So its not even a sure thing either, its 100% RNG and the RNG is only enabled by shitty design.

I don't understand how they can release something that was mostly skill based, mage tower, then release something like visions, which is entirely gear and RNG based.
    Not sure why you attribute this to RNG when A Thing From Beyond is preventable damage and gives you plenty of time to react to it...Sure there are cases in which you can't do much about it due to RNG things, but I don't get the need for being hyperbolic in saying it's entirely gear and RNG based because of fringe case scenarios. It's just flat out not true that in most cases it's RNG based. At least I don't get the sense if it, I run with grand delusions and it's preventable damage which is why I run it. 99 times out of 100 it gives me an extra skill check when it happens.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Did them like three times and then decided f* it, this is just not for me. Hard to explain but it seems like "all show and no go" (forgive me I'm no native) in a way.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Returning player playing a caster:

“What the fuck is this shit? Did anyone not in full tier raiding gear even attempt this in tuning?”

I can understand if that’s who it’s for, but you’re dumped into it unwittingly about 2 hours into running the story questline.
    Funny, I did it on an alt that has zero raid gear, just world quest stuff, isn't a demon hunter and still managed to complete them without much issues. Sure, Alleria guards were bit of a pain before they got nerfed and I actually got some 8.3 gear, but claiming it needs "full tier raiding gear" is a huge overexaggeration. Or lack of skill.

They're ok. What's not ok is the gating behind them.

It was fun once or twice but as I said earlier on guild discord, it's as "fun" as Islands... it feels like a chore to do them (thank goodness they nerfed the amount necessary for the last ranks). With stuff you can faceroll it 4 chests (solo or 5man, doesn't change anything - Ok I'm BM hunter but most dps classes will do it easily too). Have still to try the masks but I dont think more dmg/heal and less resist will change anything to my enjoyment.

The raid (in mythic) is what I enjoy, like every patch in BFA. Everything else is meh. Mythic+ are ok but I feel a little burned after 4 seasons of "more of the same with a gimmick"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    They're ok. What's not ok is the gating behind them.
    It would feel even worse without time gating (because it would mean that every raider (even midcore mythic raiders like me) would HAVE to grind it to max in the first weeks)
    Last edited by vashe9; 2020-02-25 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    so i came back in 8.2.5

/endofdebate.

seriously.
    Essences, YOUR POINT GOT FUCKED /wrecked /seriously wrecked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Funny, I did it on an alt
    So uh, you had clearly done it several times before on other characters to have worked it all out. That experience was not the same.

Damn some people here are actually thinking they are TOO HARD ?! No wonder blizzard doesn't know how to make good content anymore...
    With no masks, it's just faceroll content if you know how to actually play your class (not at competitive level, just the basic rotation)...
    Last edited by vashe9; 2020-02-25 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    Damn some people here are actually thinking they are TOO HARD ?!
    The visions are excellent because you can partially progress and gradually improve - but yes, they are REALLY hard on some classes at the start, and TRIVIAL on the others. But all classes can build up further and further.

Just got my 5/5 achieve today ...

That's way better than the Mage Tower where you walked in and splat, no reward, no feedback, no improvement - or if your class/spec was doing a well balanced one, you walked in single shot it and it was done.

AI Won't take jobs away from people, people who embrace AI will take jobs away from people.

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    It was fun once or twice but as I said earlier on guild discord, it's as "fun" as Islands... it feels like a chore to do them (thank goodness they nerfed the amount necessary for the last ranks). With stuff you can faceroll it 4 chests (solo or 5man, doesn't change anything - Ok I'm BM hunter but most dps classes will do it easily too). Have still to try the masks but I dont think more dmg/heal and less resist will change anything to my enjoyment.

The raid (in mythic) is what I enjoy, like every patch in BFA. Everything else is meh. Mythic+ are ok but I feel a little burned after 4 seasons of "more of the same with a gimmick"

- - - Updated - - -

It would feel even worse without time gating (because it would mean that every raider (even midcore mythic raiders like me) would HAVE to grind it to max in the first weeks)
    Should have been a little more specific. Some gating is fine, but in it's current form it's just too much.

Just another repetitive system. Fun one time, then it's grind grind grind.

I do enjoy them, but it is a bit repetitive when you just do 4-6 in a row. however that also just make them really easy once youve done a complete run though. I do enjoy them way more than M+ which i just absolutely despise.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    So uh, you had clearly done it several times before on other characters to have worked it all out. That experience was not the same.
    Considering that my alt was 410ilvl with basic rank 1 essences, while my main was 460+, that not exactly comparable experience. I couldn't just gather 5 packs of mobs at once and blast them apart with Focusing Iris, since I didn't even have it. What's important is that you merely need to kill the boss to complete the first ranks of your cloak, while getting several research bonuses. That's maybe 10 mobs you need to fight, only 2 of which are even remotely threatening and the final boss, without bonus hitpoints and extra abilities.

It's certainly more challenging than other solo content we have right now (easier than Mage Tower at low gear levels), but nowhere near "you need full raiding gear to try it".

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    A post full of insults and fake claims. It is very clear that a bad player with money will buy his way into content. Was is and always will be the case. You can pretend anything you want in this forum but it will not change the reality.

Of course, your only worry is how to come on top of this forum argument so I will wish you well in your mmoc carreer. There is no point discussing anything with the likes of you.
    Talk about entitlement. Alone considering i wanna be something "on top" in a virtual board with the likes of you. You made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    so i came back in 8.2.5

/endofdebate.

seriously.
    Yes, seriously, I'm sitting on a pile of alts that are collecting dust after being levelled, because bringing them to any end game is a pita. So they're just waiting for shadowlands. Also using them for some profession crafts that's all.

Levelling is the least problem of any character.

In Legion I actually had reasons to play multiple alts, like mage tower and class mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Considering that my alt was 410ilvl with basic rank 1 essences, while my main was 460+, that not exactly comparable experience. I couldn't just gather 5 packs of mobs at once and blast them apart with Focusing Iris, since I didn't even have it. What's important is that you merely need to kill the boss to complete the first ranks of your cloak, while getting several research bonuses. That's maybe 10 mobs you need to fight, only 2 of which are even remotely threatening and the final boss, without bonus hitpoints and extra abilities.

It's certainly more challenging than other solo content we have right now (easier than Mage Tower at low gear levels), but nowhere near "you need full raiding gear to try it".
    That's still much better gear than I have. I don't understand what point you're trying to make, you had better gear and infinitely more experience. I mean, congrats I guess, you're a good player? I've not posted a top 100 log since I last properly played back in Hellfire in WoD, so good for you, I remember that warm feeling. That's not where I am anymore, I just followed a questline into yet another quest instance...

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, this week's combination of corruption effects is probably the least impactful possible. If you've collected the masks, this feels like a great time to attempt a five mask full clear for the mount.

At 447 ilvl with rank 11 cloak and one mask I was able to easily full clear Orgrimmar this week on my first shot, with a ton of sanity to spare -- didn't even use my last orb or the free revive.

Unfortunately I only snagged one mask from Stormwind last week since I ran out of essences.