Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    esports, min/maxing and mathematics shouldnt have a place in a mmorpg
    what? how? do you even know how rpgs work? ITS ALL MATH!
    and min/maxing has nothing to do with any game or genre. you can min/max in shoots and ladders for gods sake.

I wonder how bad the other mmos are if wow is a bad MMO.

- - - Updated - - -

esports, min/maxing and mathematics shouldnt have a place in a mmorpg - thats why it sucks right now

doubt blizzard would ever go back on it either
    Players using maths is on players and exists in all games. It's not a design in wow that causes maths. It's players need to perfect their character that causes maths.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

It gets boring fast if you only like to play one class but it has a lot of longevity if you like to play a lot of classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    so really what you people are saying is, the game sucks because people have a need to "perfect their character" and blizzard caters to said people.. because the person on top is one of those himself

got it

ill rephrase it then, since maths is so important to people.

being good should be irrelevant, nothing wrong with it nor is there anything wrong with rewarding skill but it shouldnt be the only thing that matters and the game shouldnt be designed around it either
    Last edited by Sanguinerd; 2020-02-25 at 04:41 PM.

Community from Wrath to WoD: no content, lazy and greedy Blizzard wants our money without effort.

Communitiy in Legion and BfA: too much content, greedy Blizzard wants us to stay subbed (LOL).

Basically, the main complaint these days is that you need to play the game to get stuff. In reality, the sole reason WoW is doing "bad" is because it is efkin 15 years old.

it was less of a thing before, which is why it was more enjoyable
    You can enjoy the game in whichever way you want, Just don't expect others to accept said way.

Quote Originally Posted by ano2024 View Post
    But it's not good at what it pretends to be.[/B] WoW is designed (and Blizzard obviously encourages players to) to be played for many months in a row. And the content the game has along with the boring tedious, monotonous systems that govern the end-game simply aren't worth playing for that long, after the initial "glow" of novelty has faded.
    Different strokes for different folks. I've played since BC and since 2012 I've played for 8+ hours a day ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ If you can only stand to play once a month per patch or xpac just do that broski.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

It's not limited... the raid tiers last 6 months, which is more than enough to keep people playing for that duration until the new one.

Now, if you don't raid in a game where raiding has been the end game since day 1, that's something else..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ano2024 View Post
    WoW is designed (and Blizzard obviously encourages players to) to be played for many months in a row. And the content the game has along with the boring tedious, monotonous systems
    That is mmo for you. Try playing older mmo like meridian 59 or ultima or eq or such, in those games you would have to spend a month to grind some shitty mob again and again to get a +1 stat weapon and people had to pretend it was a great accomplishment.

Boring, tedious things that waste time and gives very little satisfaction if you suddenly start thinking about it... that is mmo for you
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Okay, so, if you want people to all unsubscribe more frequently to get a more communal feel of people who come and go regularly (and assuming this leads to less toxicity in the community), how would you expect the quality of WoW to change as a result of all the loss of sub fees? Would you still expect the quality to be the same as before? If they're supposed to get their funding elsewhere, are they supposed to rely even more on investors, even if it means they control the direction of the game more? Would you rather the quality be less if it means you get the direction of the game you want? Would you rather have the direction you want and a higher quality if it means you forsake that community and toxicity? I don't think everyone would agree to these last questions the same way. Some people would be okay with the direction going anywhere as long as the quality was high and it was less toxic, but other people would rather ignore players and deal with some regular toxicity to have either direct or influential control over the game while maintaining the quality where it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamais View Post
    Community from Wrath to WoD: no content, lazy and greedy Blizzard wants our money without effort.

Communitiy in Legion and BfA: too much content, greedy Blizzard wants us to stay subbed (LOL).

Basically, the main complaint these days is that you need to play the game to get stuff. In reality, the sole reason WoW is doing "bad" is because it is efkin 15 years old.
    If only "nothing" and "too much" weren't the only options :P
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    That is what we call an opinion. Not sure why you felt the need to post your opinion here. If people aren't enjoying the game they unsubscribe. If they do enjoy the game it means their opinion is different than yours. What are you trying to accomplish?
    I don't want to use language that could get be banned. But yours are just opinion, expressed in a elite way that is so repulsive.

Thanks for your opinion, low-postcount whoever.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

Quote Originally Posted by gobio View Post
    I don't want to use language that could get be banned. But yours are just opinion, expressed in a elite way that is so repulsive.
    Are you able to talk about what you disagree with like a big boy or are you just emotional and need to spend some time in your room alone?

That is what we call an opinion. Not sure why you felt the need to post your opinion here. If people aren't enjoying the game they unsubscribe. If they do enjoy the game it means their opinion is different than yours. What are you trying to accomplish?
    Oh yeah, sure. Let's not post negative opinions about wow on the largest wow forum where people not currently subscribed to wow can post. Blizzard should only ever listen to the players who are still happy with the game. I mean it's not like this group is bound to be ever shrinking if they keep breaking stuff and never fixing them because they are blinded by survivorship bias and consider that people who have stopped playing the game don't even exist anymore, right?

Oh wait, that's exactly what has been happening.

The wow community's stupidity is bottomless.
    Last edited by huddling; 2020-02-26 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by huddling View Post
    Oh yeah, sure. Let's not post negative opinions about wow on the largest wow forum where people not currently subscribed to wow can post
    Opinions are great. Opinions masquerading as facts, not so much.

The wow community's stupidity is bottomless.
    The irony.

Honestly left wow since the hearthstone incident but i was gonna leave it anyway. Reason i don't find enjoyment out of this game is that there is no good sense of reward to effort, just luck and layers of unnecessary RNG, and the rep grinding is one of the worst aspects in bfa and legion. Was barely able to stomach it in legion can no longer stomach it in bfa. Really miss the times when we had more options to grind out rep.

Opinions are great. Opinions masquerading as facts, not so much.
    And yet you explicitly shat on the op on the basis that what he posted was an opinion.

The irony.
    I don't think this word means what you think it means. You should probably stick to two syllable words.
    Last edited by huddling; 2020-02-26 at 07:06 PM.

And yet you explicitly shat on the op on the basis that what he posted was an opinion.

I don't think this word means what you think it means. You should probably stick to two syllable words.
    Your reading comprehension is ass. Really sad.