The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    The wand skill is the only one that interests me. For the Skill Tree, if you get them common enough and early enough the skill investment wont be a big deal, the problem is having to respec if you get a god one at level 90+....
    Hopefully they won’t only come from maps and you can get some while you level I hate having to do big respecs once I hit maps unless I have it planned out ahead of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Hopefully they won’t only come from maps and you can get some while you level I hate having to do big respecs once I hit maps unless I have it planned out ahead of time.
    They said the gems can drop from any monster affected by the Delirium effect, so you will likely see them super common, but we have to see what ones are worth using. I also wonder, since there is an obvious limit on the possible gem combination, what happens if we have a blue gem that unlocks a node, then we get a rare with the same node plus some, do we have to use regrets to unsocket these gems?
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Oh look, more visual clutter. /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Oh look, more visual clutter. /sigh
    This is one of my biggest problems with the game. Most of the "don't stand in fire" and other big indicators of danger are covered up by the explosion of shit constantly happening on the screen, except for very few boss fights.

7+ Year Old Account
    They said the gems can drop from any monster affected by the Delirium effect, so you will likely see them super common, but we have to see what ones are worth using. I also wonder, since there is an obvious limit on the possible gem combination, what happens if we have a blue gem that unlocks a node, then we get a rare with the same node plus some, do we have to use regrets to unsocket these gems?
    Oh god i didn’t even think about regrets that would be awful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    This is one of my biggest problems with the game. Most of the "don't stand in fire" and other big indicators of danger are covered up by the explosion of shit constantly happening on the screen, except for very few boss fights.
    Which bosses are you having problem with visual clutter? I haven’t done Sirius but every thing else seems super clear unless your using a really really flashy build.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a player that uses a Private league as a form of Group SSF, Regrets are one of the largest bottle necks. Last league i went through over 300 regrets in an SSF enviroment due to finding build defining items or gear alts. They were honestly far more valuable than Chaos for me.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Which bosses are you having problem with visual clutter? I haven’t done Sirius but every thing else seems super clear unless your using a really really flashy build.
    No, the opposite. I said most bosses are pretty good when it comes to indicators.

Also, every build is really flashy lol.

What I'm talking about is the general swathes of enemies that can still sometimes manage to dish out-one-shot things. Such as getting frozen when you rely on life leech to sustain. There is 0 chance you can see and react to some random scrub mob among the 20 things you're blasting do whatever frost attack it is.

Or metamorphs and their constant 1 shots.

"Build tankier!"

Nah. Every character should have baseline survivability like wow where I can use all my "you get to decide" stuff to further my actual goal.

that Stormbind skill looks really out of place in this current game

ain't no one going to stop to channel mana to buff those tiles

I am going for Wand-Arc for Dummies build though
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    that Stormbind skill looks really out of place in this current game

ain't no one going to stop to channel mana to buff those tiles

I am going for Wand-Arc for Dummies build though
    Huh, so they took that one boss ability and turned it into a skill gem.

I can see it potentially being used for silly meme builds a la this -

I legit don't know why they bother with skills like this. Nobody fucking uses them and they're garbage outside of meme builds for giggles. They need to overhaul the entire meta if they want people to meaningfully use channeled skills or straight casts.

(also, that cat is hilarious and his builds are insane. super worth watching for laughs)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Huh, so they took that one boss ability and turned it into a skill gem.

I can see it potentially being used for silly meme builds a la this -
    Very new to PoE, can you explain why this build is a "meme" cuz he looks to be wrecking a lot of stuff. Still don't know what makes build viable/unviable/meta/meme etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Very new to PoE, can you explain why this build is a "meme" cuz he looks to be wrecking a lot of stuff. Still don't know what makes build viable/unviable/meta/meme etc.
    there's an absolute fuckton of investment in it. .1% of PoE players can do that video essentially.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

It's functionally useless, the build isn't effective at map clearing and doesn't even work well for bosses consistently. They're basically wonky ass builds that are good for one very specific thing (like blowing up a boss in one shot), but largely don't actually work for normal builds.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    No, the opposite. I said most bosses are pretty good when it comes to indicators.

Also, every build is really flashy lol.

What I'm talking about is the general swathes of enemies that can still sometimes manage to dish out-one-shot things. Such as getting frozen when you rely on life leech to sustain. There is 0 chance you can see and react to some random scrub mob among the 20 things you're blasting do whatever frost attack it is.

Or metamorphs and their constant 1 shots.

"Build tankier!"

Nah. Every character should have baseline survivability like wow where I can use all my "you get to decide" stuff to further my actual goal.
    ah ok i read it the other way round. and ya while maping having little things screw you because you just don't seem them feels awful.

- - - Updated - - -

As a player that uses a Private league as a form of Group SSF, Regrets are one of the largest bottle necks. Last league i went through over 300 regrets in an SSF enviroment due to finding build defining items or gear alts. They were honestly far more valuable than Chaos for me.
    ya as some one who does very little trading and tends to share all currency with a fiend regrets are a pain i tend to end up trading other currents to venders for them on mass every league.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    there's an absolute fuckton of investment in it. .1% of PoE players can do that video essentially.
    It's functionally useless, the build isn't effective at map clearing and doesn't even work well for bosses consistently. They're basically wonky ass builds that are good for one very specific thing (like blowing up a boss in one shot), but largely don't actually work for normal builds.
    Oh okay. I know there's "league starter" builds that are designed for newbs like me, but how can you sorta tell whether a build is functionally good?

Also, does someone have to follow 'the meta' in order to complete all content in the game, or are meta builds more like "if you wanna finish what you're doing faster" type builds?

Just curious how much variety there can be in building aside from what's found on guides and/or websites like poebuilds/poevault etc.

Oh okay. I know there's "league starter" builds that are designed for newbs like me, but how can you sorta tell whether a build is functionally good?
    https://www.poebuilds.cc/

I usually pull from here. The icons on the side indicate popularity - the mirror item is the most popular (Mirror), the multi-face is second most popular (Exalt), and the single face is less popular (Chaos) and that other item for the less popular but still popular builds (Alchemy).

As to how you know...I don't know. I base off what is popular and, more importantly, on what seems affordable and reasonable to gear for based on the full guide. Each link links to a full PoE thread on the build.

Also, does someone have to follow 'the meta' in order to complete all content in the game, or are meta builds more like "if you wanna finish what you're doing faster" type builds?
    The latter. They're better as you're learning as most will be pretty straight forward and are easier to play, but they're not needed to clear all content. They're just usually better at it, but that makes them more expensive since everyone wants that gear too.

Build is generally functionally good if it works on a normal player budget and can still solo high tier maps.

You will have to follow at least something close to one of the metas to pull off the higher difficulty content solo (high tier maps, deep delves). Unless you find a meme build that will likely cost an arm and a leg.

Just curious how much variety there can be in building aside from what's found on guides and/or websites like poebuilds/poevault etc.
    Well, for instance, a meta could be "cyclone spam" but within that, you have an incredible amount of flexibility in what you can to do customize cyclone to work for you.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2020-02-25 at 10:40 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    @Edge- @BeepBoo

Thanks for the information! Still learning the game, overall new to ARPGs but damn they're fun and I like the depth in character building you can do with them.

@Edge- @BeepBoo

Thanks for the information! Still learning the game, overall new to ARPGs but damn they're fun and I like the depth in character building you can do with them.
    Honestly...PoE is not a good "starter" ARPG. The skill tree is hugely complex, and so is the way gearing works (without even getting into the extensive crafting system and the complex ways in which items/skill trees can impact how things work). I still barely understand most of the game and I've been playing for years.

It's a great game once you're more familiar with the genre and are looking for that level of depth to spend a ton of time digging into.

That's not to try to dissuade you from playing if you're enjoying yourself right now, but know that you're basically starting on "hard" mode : P

7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly...PoE is not a good "starter" ARPG. The skill tree is hugely complex, and so is the way gearing works (without even getting into the extensive crafting system and the complex ways in which items/skill trees can impact how things work). I still barely understand most of the game and I've been playing for years.

It's a great game once you're more familiar with the genre and are looking for that level of depth to spend a ton of time digging into.

That's not to try to dissuade you from playing if you're enjoying yourself right now, but know that you're basically starting on "hard" mode : P
    Well technically Wolcen was my first ! but I’m still wanting the developers to open up more build aspects for Wolcen and in the meantime I thought I’d try out PoE to see what everyone’s talking about.

And yeah PoE is complex as fuck. But slowly been following a beginner guide and watching some beginner build idea videos (Engineering Eternity), and got the Path of Building (with fork).

Idk just kinda kept grabbing my attention, also I am enjoying the storyline very much of PoE, even if that may not be a main focus for the game.

I think I’m general I'm hooked into ARPGs right now, especially with the sun setting of BFA until Shadowlands.

Also kinda funny about the “hard mode” cuz I also happened to pick starting as the Shadow first and I heard he’s one of the harder beginning classes too lol (I was like well shit that would be my ‘luck’).

I was even trying to find myself excuses to drop $40 on d3 right now ������ !

Between WoW weekly stuff and these ARPGs I’m thinking I got more than a full plate of games for the foreseeable future.

If you have the time and interest, PoE will eat up plenty of your life. And you're already playing with PoBuilding, so that's putting you on the "advanced" course. You can spend tons of time tinkering with builds there and there are plenty of places in the forums and there's a PoEBuilds sub where others can weigh in and provide pointers.