Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Why cant we just have fun?

Or more like "Why cant we have ALL kinds of fun"? What i am saying is that each time someone (me included) comes up with ideas like "lets make Alliance morally grey too!" or "let us torture and slaughter horde civilians" or "why my dark iron dwarf cant take a few troll slaves and an orc shoeshine to boot?" or "why my paladin of Holy Light has to constantly measure their holy wrath when 2/3 of my spells labled with rather wrathy and zealous tags?"... So, each time that topic comes up someone rises from the woodworks to tell us how thats just wrong, we didnt joined Alliance to be evil, that this will end in our characters being raidbossed and yadda yadda. "Thats out of character and will ruin the concept of our faction!". Well, Horde also wasnt "founded" with a promise of "delightful" BfA epxerinece or even Garrosh style "world conquest mode". So why Alliance should constatnly sacrifice its dignity, reputation as a faction (and not a helpless herd of sheep) and basically any opportunity to hit Horde back and go further then that... for some vague notion of "moral high ground" which makes no sense at all. Horde has their "honor horde" side with taurens and trolls and orcs (who often dont follow through but i am talking purely about concepts) and has its "darker" side with Forsaken and whoever sticks with them, from more warlike and bloodthirsty orcs to especially remorseless goblins and extra angsty blood elfs. Alliance on the other hand has none of that "distinction", we have pretty much a single "front" where everybody is forced to thread the line of Anduinism and Lawful Stupidity with Night Elfs used as BOTH victims of Horde cruelty... And example of "revenge bad" which makes that even worse. So! How can this be fixed? Imho there should be a distinction between Lawful Good Alliance and Revenge Alliance and by the Light and Elune let us skin some orcs alive i would love this deep green color on my cape.

Because you are in minority. Most people playing Alliance enjoy the blandness of Anduin.

They will most likely bring a new side for the Alliance with Tyrande and Genn going apesht against Sylvanas and not accepting this peace.
    But you are right, for sooooo long the horde has been able to do the weirdest, saddest and most violent things to the Alliance for them each time to respond : "the world peace requires all of us from the alliance to drop down our pants"...
    this is just plain wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    They will most likely bring a new side for the Alliance with Tyrande and Genn going apesht against Sylvanas and not accepting this peace.
    But you are right, for sooooo long the horde has been able to do the weirdest, saddest and most violent things to the Alliance for them each time to respond : "the world peace requires all of us from the alliance to drop down our pants"...
    this is just plain wrong!
    Indeed. However i fear that from the context of this "meeting" of Anduin and Tyrande we will just get another "A little patience" just on a bigger scale and with worse implications. Oh and Shandris being his sycopahnt and shaming her mother also dosent give me hope that Tyrande will be presented as valid choice and not as "look how wrong she is to seek revenge for her people".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Because you are in minority. Most people playing Alliance enjoy the blandness of Anduin.
    I highly doubt that considering that not all of them want to go all the way to genocide but even Male Human Paladins already fed up with inaction and want some smiting.

You can be badass without having to throw away all of your ideals and go down a dark path. Most characters in the Alliance are driven by noble intentions and do not wish to commit atrocities. The majority of leaders agrees with Anduin that the war has to end. At best it will only be a fraction of the Alliance that strays from the path of good. I reserve my judgement until it is revealed what will happen to Tyrande in Ardenweald.

There will probably be some drama in Shadows Rising if the lightforged find out that Turalyon is working with Alleria, but thats about it.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-02-25 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    You can be badass without having to throw away all of your ideals and go down a dark path. Most characters in the Alliance are driven by noble intentions and do not wish to commit atrocities. The majority of leaders agrees with Anduin that the war has to end. At best it will only be a fraction of the Alliance that strays from the path of good. I reserve my judgement until it is revealed what will happen to Tyrande in Ardenweald. There will probably be some drama in Shadows Rising if the lightforged find out that Turalyon is working with Alleria, but thats about it.
    The problem is - i dont see any badass as far as i can cast my gaze. All i see is weakness, defeatism and appeasement that really shouldnt be there. "War should end" and yet they make no effort to ensure that it will not begin again and that Horde will not get the upper hand, again, because of their half-assed actions. Ideals of Justice are heavily compromised in current Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Or more like "Why cant we have ALL kinds of fun"? What i am saying is that each time someone (me included) comes up with ideas like "lets make Alliance morally grey too!" or "let us torture and slaughter horde civilians" or "why my dark iron dwarf cant take a few troll slaves and an orc shoeshine to boot?" or "why my paladin of Holy Light has to constantly measure their holy wrath when 2/3 of my spells labled with rather wrathy and zealous tags?"... So, each time that topic comes up someone rises from *snip because obnoxious block of words*
    So I take it you didn't do the quest in Xibala where you help Dark Iron dwarves summon a fire elemental before controlling said fire elemental to burn literally hundreds of goblins to death as they scream in horror?

Yep, bunch of mamby pamby goody two-shoes, that alliance!
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

The problem is - i dont see any badass as far as i can cast my gaze. All i see is weakness, defeatism and appeasement that really shouldnt be there. "War should end" and yet they make no effort to ensure that it will not begin again and that Horde will not get the upper hand, again, because of their half-assed actions.
    I am not saying that the Alliance is badass, because it is not right now aside from a few exceptions (mainly Jaina), but the solution does not have to be so drastic… like, I have seen Alliance players unironically suggest that the Alliance should start killing orc babies…. just No. As soon as Blizzard decides to write the Alliance as the aggressor, we get atrocities like the purge squads in Voldun, which were just an empty plot device just to push the vulpera towards the Horde.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-02-25 at 11:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is - i dont see any badass as far as i can cast my gaze. All i see is weakness, defeatism and appeasement that really shouldnt be there. "War should end" and yet they make no effort to ensure that it will not begin again and that Horde will not get the upper hand, again, because of their half-assed actions. Ideals of Justice are heavily compromised in current Alliance.
    Overthinking an amusement park of an MMO at its finest.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

i mean, alliance just tried to assassinate sylvanas in the middle of the apocalipse in legion and murdered rastakhan in bfa (after having imprisoned his daughter and zul for reasons) :|

If you're not enjoying the exact same thing that I am about WoW, then why are you even playing? /sarcasm
    "They will come for us now, all of them" "Let them come, Frostmourne The Banshee Queen hungers."

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    So I take it you didn't do the quest in Xibala where you help Dark Iron dwarves summon a fire elemental before controlling said fire elemental to burn literally hundreds of goblins to death as they scream in horror?

Yep, bunch of mamby pamby goody two-shoes, that alliance!
    hat was a good start, but just a start, really. Plus its not like those goblins werent armed and attacking Dark Irons , so they werent exactly "defensless" or "civilian"

- - - Updated - - -

Overthinking an amusement park of an MMO at its finest.
    Not really an overthinking, more like "thinking" in general. And they frame Tyrande as "wrong" somehow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I am not saying that the Alliance is badass, because it is not right now aside from a few exceptions (mainly Jaina), but the solution does not have to be so drastic… like, I have seen Alliance players unironically suggest that the Alliance should start killing orc babies…. just No. As soon as Blizzard decides to write the Alliance as the aggressor, we get atrocities like the purge squads in Voldun, which were just an empty plot device just to push the vulpera towards the Horde.
    Well, but what if we can get atrocities that ARENT just a plot device?

On some fronts I agree, but I think that most of the badassness happens behind the scenes. I'd love to see what Shaw does when hes not being watched by Blanduin.

Also, while not directly affiliated with the Alliance, Jaina has done some pretty heinous shit to the Horde.

I will say that I stopped playing my Ally toons cause I was pretty tired of always having to go for the moral victory and, let's face it, theres no cooler looking warrior than a Maghar Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    i mean, alliance just tried to assassinate sylvanas in the middle of the apocalipse in legion and murdered rastakhan in bfa (after having imprisoned his daughter and zul for reasons) :|
    But those examples contradict the very real story of how passive, reactive and victimized the Alliance is all the time. Which in turn may or may not be used as an argument in favor of the equally very real story of how Blizzard is ruled by the idea of HORDE BIAS, which makes everyone in the company hate the Alliance players so much they write the story with the intent of making those players clinically depressed. So those examples never happened. Duh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

hat was a good start, but just a start, really. Plus its not like those goblins werent armed and attacking Dark Irons , so they werent exactly "defensless" or "civilian"

- - - Updated - - -

Not really an overthinking, more like "thinking" in general. And they frame Tyrande as "wrong" somehow.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, but what if we can get atrocities that ARENT just a plot device?
    We dont, sadly we dont live in an ideal world.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    But those examples contradict the very real story of how passive, reactive and victimized the Alliance is all the time. Which in turn may or may not be used as an argument in favor of the equally very real story of how Blizzard is ruled by the idea of HORDE BIAS, which makes everyone in the company hate the Alliance players so much they write the story with the intent of making those players clinically depressed. So those examples never happened. Duh.
    An attack on a military fleet (which was on a Morally BlackOps mission) and attack on a Zuldazar that pretty much was under orders from Anduin to make it as "non warcriminal as possible" dosent exactly screams "morally grey" (as Blizz understand that) to me. Also, your attempts at sarcasm are as weak, sloppy and add nothign to discussion as usual.

An attack on a military fleet (which was on a Morally BlackOps mission) and attack on a Zuldazar that pretty much was under orders from Anduin to make it as "non warcriminal as possible" dosent exactly screams "morally grey" (as Blizz understand that) to me. Also, your attempts at sarcasm are as weak, sloppy and add nothign to discussion as usual.
    "not warcriminal" literally the first trashes are molten giants. lulz

10+ Year Old Account
    The goblins we kill with the elemental are in fact defenseless. They don't fight back or attack or anything, they literally just scream and panic as they are incinerated. The more you know, eh?

And the more I read what you seem to want from WoW, the more I feel like maybe you're playing the wrong game.

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    "not warcriminal" literally the first trashes are molten giants. lulz
    Well "as possible". I would prefer something on Teldrassil level. With herding civilians from three zones into one and then torching it... Or at least Soutshore like. With massive bombardment of some extra-nasty WMD. Shaw even makes a comment about that when Saurfang deems to open his mouth.

- - - Updated - - -

The goblins we kill with the elemental are in fact defenseless. They don't fight back or attack or anything, they literally just scream and panic as they are incinerated. The more you know, eh?

And the more I read what you seem to want from WoW, the more I feel like maybe you're playing the wrong game.
    Well... Horde had that, so its clearly possible. And they were armed because when you go there they all have weapons and even mechs. Its just elemental was waaay too powerful for their guns and bombs.

Well OP, probably not the answer you're looking for, but you could always roleplay the kinds of scenarios you want to have happen with other like-minded people.