Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    I’m basing it from WoD

We have 4 zones and technically the quests were able to get two levels but players got a third

Plus you can assume final zone is like the final leveling zone for every linear expansion in that it’s more story and gear than exp

- - - Updated - - -

The only way you can tell if it’s happening is if people like
    Bay
    Sco
    Preach
    Asmon
    Towelliee

All come to murica
    All of those people except for Preach / Sco already live in America.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    All of those people except for Preach / Sco already live in America.
    California

just a showerthought i had...

shadowlands will basically have a huge stat squish,

losing all of your 3rd party sources of power
    Azerite armor
    essences
    corruption
    cape.

Theres a good chance you might be doing less dps in the first tier of shadowlands than the end of nyalotha

and i think this might be intentional and part of their larger gameplan to avoid having to do stat squishes often

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    just a showerthought i had...

shadowlands will basically have a huge stat squish,

losing all of your 3rd party sources of power
    Azerite armor
    essences
    corruption
    cape.

Theres a good chance you might be doing less dps in the first tier of shadowlands than the end of nyalotha

and i think this might be intentional and part of their larger gameplan to avoid having to do stat squishes often

I doubt that will happen. People were already complaining that during BfAs leveling their character progressively felt weaker with every level they gained. Also they already said that there will be no Stat Squish in Shadowlands. Ony a Level squish, numbers will stay the same though.

Quote Originally Posted by FuujCraft View Post
    I doubt that will happen. People were already complaining that during BfAs leveling their character progressively felt weaker with every level they gained. Also they already said that there will be no Stat Squish in Shadowlands. Ony a Level squish, numbers will stay the same though.
    I dont mean a state squish literally, i mea your power parity is inevitabely going down just due to your azerite, essences and corruption not being available in shadowlands, similar to losing legion legendaries at 115, and could create ressults SIMILAR to a stat squish where you are doing like 40k dps in the first raid after doing like 100k dps in nyalotha

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    I dont mean a state squish literally, i mea your power parity is inevitabely going down just due to your azerite, essences and corruption not being available in shadowlands, similar to losing legion legendaries at 115, and could create ressults SIMILAR to a stat squish where you are doing like 40k dps in the first raid after doing like 100k dps in nyalotha
    Dunno if it'll be like that, they'll somehow make it where just like in BfA there will be a certain level between 50-60 (definitely by 60) that our leveling gear will surpass all our gear from BfA. They can do this one of two ways:

1) Have what appears to be a huge powerlevel jump at the beginning of Shadowlands (ie lvl 51 ilvl gear is 2-3x superior to than current ilvl gear) while it actually makes us take on enemies fairly.

2) Progressively have the power increase of ilvl gear as we level that by the time we're lvl 60 any lvl 50 gear is vastly obsolete. <-- This will definitely happen.

Plus, they've already said that our neck won't work in Shadowlands but it will work for old content. So already we're going to lose a lot of our power level because I believe the neck is tied to Azerite traits and Essences.

The legendary cape will probably become obsolete at some point during leveling as well. And/or there could be something that happens where our corruption is essentially cleansed going into Shadowlands so it just becomes basic gear. They haven't really told us how Corruption will stop once 9.0 is in, since Corruption has been confirmed as only 8.3 content.

They added new patch but still encrypted. I suppose they will play this game until next week.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, looks like yesterday was a dud. Here's to hoping we get something worthwhile in the next 24 hours.

I mean there was an alpha at blizzcon, just look at those numbers, they were hitting with around 1-2k autoattacks and 2-7k with spells, so by 60 it should be around uldir , maybe battle of dazar alor numbers? so basically just a reset to early BfA numbers, they might go with this route evry time now and try to stick with these numbers for new expansion beginnings

Quote Originally Posted by Dreen View Post
    I mean there was an alpha at blizzcon, just look at those numbers, they were hitting with around 1-2k autoattacks and 2-7k with spells, so by 60 it should be around uldir , maybe battle of dazar alor numbers? so basically just a reset to early BfA numbers, they might go with this route evry time now and try to stick with these numbers for new expansion beginnings
    Yes. It seems so.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreen View Post
    They were level 50 (120 equivalent) in Uldir ilvl gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Dunno if it'll be like that, they'll somehow make it where just like in BfA there will be a certain level between 50-60 (definitely by 60) that our leveling gear will surpass all our gear from BfA. They can do this one of two ways:

1) Have what appears to be a huge powerlevel jump at the beginning of Shadowlands (ie lvl 51 ilvl gear is 2-3x superior to than current ilvl gear) while it actually makes us take on enemies fairly.

2) Progressively have the power increase of ilvl gear as we level that by the time we're lvl 60 any lvl 50 gear is vastly obsolete. <-- This will definitely happen.

Plus, they've already said that our neck won't work in Shadowlands but it will work for old content. So already we're going to lose a lot of our power level because I believe the neck is tied to Azerite traits and Essences.

The legendary cape will probably become obsolete at some point during leveling as well. And/or there could be something that happens where our corruption is essentially cleansed going into Shadowlands so it just becomes basic gear. They haven't really told us how Corruption will stop once 9.0 is in, since Corruption has been confirmed as only 8.3 content.

Almost entirely off-topic but anyone else annoyed that the cloak Prock is a Prock and not in on use

Like I get it they have to have the ability to spell corruption but seriously a huge random Prock I am so tired of those

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    They were level 50 (120 equivalent) in Uldir ilvl gear.
    I mean most people will be fully heroic geared so we can take that and say that maybe we will start getting upgrades in the third area but they will have to do something with Azurra traits which if I remember right the neck and everything attached to it will no longer work once we enter the Shadowlands

I mean most people will be fully heroic geared so we can take that and say that maybe we will start getting upgrades in the third area but they will have to do something with as a right trade switch if I remember right the neck and everything attached to it will no longer work once we enter the Shadowlands

This essentially means that we are losing a great amount of our power because some as a right traits are worth over 10 KDPS so multiply it by two because most people are stacking two traits then you get rid of the little stat bonuses or whatever are the third ring for people and cancel out corruption because that won’t be a thing so you are left with basic gear

I see 57 is when we get new stuff I mean we don’t even have legendary’s to give us a 2% boost anymore

At this point it seems obvious we wont get a thing till mid march, lost all hope.

Quote Originally Posted by zeir View Post
    At this point it seems obvious we wont get a thing till mid march, lost all hope.
    how is it obvious?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trout View Post
    how is it obvious?
    It's not, he clearly hasn't been paying attention to anything that's been going on. Currently everything we know points to the Alpha going live this week or the next.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    For sure it's strange we got builds on both Monday and Tuesday. It's feels like they want to push something ASAP.

I just can't wait for datamining to start so we can see the flood of new customization options.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I just can't wait for datamining to start so we can see the flood of new customization options.
    Not really what this game needs ATM but why not

Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    Not really what this game needs ATM but why not
    The game's customization is stupidly low for being 15 years old and very outdated for 2020, new customization is always welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    The game's customization is stupidly low for being 15 years old and very outdated for 2020, new customization is always welcome.
    sure, but it's not absolutely needed.. gameplay changes, class changes etc. is what's needed