Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    you mean how corruptions are dps upgrades that just make dps take massively more damage, while at the same time there are 0 healer corruptions whatsoever??

Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    So just looked at the numbers for eye corruption effect whilst doing world boss in the vale. Total damage taken from everything (frost DK) - 2milion damage. Eye of corruption did 491k total and I wasnt even getting out of it. So it did 20% of my total damage taken at roughly 100k per minute without making an effort to get out of it at all.

While questing I stood in it for the entire duration and it did about 60-70k total, out of over 400k hp. Cant say I think theres a problem at all with that from a healing perspective. Considering I absorb 50k per 30 seconds, and self heal pretty much constantly at a few thousand a second aswell from azerite which should pretty much negate it. (I did 1.2 million healing and absorbs that fight)
    You're ignoring the fact that in a raid, that's on top of everything else. Your bubbles and self heals are already being eaten by raid damage. Unless Blizzard has tuned incoming raid damage low, with the assumption that corruptions will bump it up via their own damage and extra damage caused by being slowed at the wrong moment, etc., the healers get to carry all that extra. The DPS don't, unless they choose to spend time and resources self-healing (assuming they have the ability to do so), and how many DPS who are the sort who just stand in stuff to do a little more DPS will be the sorts who self heal?

Self-healing and bubbles from class abilities, talents, and gear actually give DPS an illusion that they are tanky (and they can make you quite tanky in a solo WQ context), by reducing the damage you take from single mobs to little or nothing. The problem is that the second mob now does a lot more than double the net damage intake, and the third and upwards mobs do too. So you have this effect where up to a certain level of incoming damage you're taking little or none, but over that point damage intake rises rapidly.

Now, in raids and m+ the damage is far over this threshold, and good players realise this and play accordingly. However, many less skilled or simply less experienced players don't realise why they feel tanky in the open world, and think it carriers into raiding and m+ progression. And guess who is expected to take up the slack? That's right - the healer(s) (and the tanks, when DPS decides it was a positioning problem).

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Why am I not surprised at DPS whores making everyone else's life harder, especially healers'. The same happened in Cata, when their well intentioned but completely misguided attempt at making dungeons harder meant, first and foremost, a MASSIVE nerf to all healers, except pallies lol. They just DS whenever there might be nerfs coming their way, or something

Fortunately, that breed of retarded DD's becomes rarer and rarer the more you climb in the skill ladder. But this time, !#@$ is tougher than usual for beginner healers.
    They did nurf Palas in cata. Along with the general healing reductions across the board, some bright spark in class design decided to put a combo point system on a healer....

Quote Originally Posted by Natureseer View Post
    you mean how corruptions are dps upgrades that just make dps take massively more damage, while at the same time there are 0 healer corruptions whatsoever??
    Not quite true - the stat upgrade ones and the the +% to critical damage and healing effect are bonuses to healing. The lack of true healing procs does stand out though, doesn't it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    They did nurf Palas in cata. Along with the general healing reductions across the board, some bright spark in class design decided to put a combo point system on a healer....
    And they nerfed hell out of Paladin single-target healing because they gave them an AoE - that was powered by the combo points as was (to start with) quite weak and very positionally fussy. It's main value in the early part of Cata was that it did some healing at no mana cost (but frankly I think most of us would've preferred that healing be put back into the spells it was taken out of).

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Have the eye zone and hits from the thing lower outgoing damage by 15%. Then they stop standing in the circle and avoid the thing.
    No they wouldn't. They would cry about how unfair it is and how Tanks and Healers do more DPS than they do. Even with corruption if DD's are doing less than the tank then they need to step up their game.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Seen logs of people dying from being hit by a chain of Things from Beyond, doing 140+k per hit within a few seconds... and they have the audacity of crying foul at the healer.
    I pugged 15 Atal today and I was only pug in their guild group so nobody screamed at the healer cuz they were all friends, but we had 1 boomkin death from thing from beyond. It's not that it 1 shots you, but when you get some aoe damage from mobs, then 4-5 stacks of bursting, then even that "small" 140k hit can finish you off.

Quote Originally Posted by Tident View Post
    Never purge infinite stars,grasping tendrils,or echoing void. Everything else you can drop without worrying about it to much.
    Tbh I have a dilemma because my sim tells me cleansing echoing void is the play (so I can equip td3 instead of td1 and not get over corrupted), but I don't have another good item for that slot only much lower level one. :/ I don't wanna cleanse it cuz it's one of the "good" corruptions but my napkin math says it's gonna be 2 months until I can equip both and not get dicked by speedy ghosts. I equip both while questing and 99% of the time it's fine, but once I was trying to kill a rare in Vale on some small ledge with no room to move around and died from corruptions alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raid healer here.

We have a few dps who go into raid with 100+ corruption.

Hasn't been an issue yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Echoing Void does a grand total of nothing if you're not in melee range. It's much more useful on melee and tanks.
    Annoys me to no end that I got that on my fire mage. I keep it because it's semi useful for questing but in a dungeon/raid? Worthless.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Have the eye zone and hits from the thing lower outgoing damage by 15%. Then they stop standing in the circle and avoid the thing.
    If this applied only to dps then sure. This would be a very bad thing for tanks. If I have to move the boss to avoid an eye that my AMS can absorb (as long as it isn't on cd) I have to move the entire raid or I might get someone killed. Dk self healing is based on dmg done, so is my threat.

Somewhat related - it's fucking stupid how much DPS Holy Paladins can do now, meanwhile Disc Priests which are traditionally thought to be ''you can do more DPS than others at the cost of burst HPS capability/sustained HPS'' are nowhere near.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Somewhat related - it's fucking stupid how much DPS Holy Paladins can do now, meanwhile Disc Priests which are traditionally thought to be ''you can do more DPS than others at the cost of burst HPS capability/sustained HPS'' are nowhere near.
    World of Meleecraft at its finest.

Not a fan of Corruption, but I wouldn't say it "screws healers".... more, the system simply has a casual disregard for us. Most of the effects are clearly DPS focused, and "RNG Stat Procs" might help me pad the meters, but unless the line up with healing intensive segments of the encounter who cares?

I was running ~39 Corruption with 2x Heart of Darkness traits. Then, on multiple occasions, I would get back to back eye procs with everything on CD (Cloak, Personals, HS etc).... it was just annoying and I didn't feel I was getting much "healing per corruption".

Now, I'm running 0. I have 52 Corruption resistance and only one Corrupted item equipped. Plenty of cleansed items but have held onto a few for a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Not a fan of Corruption, but I wouldn't say it "screws healers".... more, the system simply has a casual disregard for us. Most of the effects are clearly DPS focused, and "RNG Stat Procs" might help me pad the meters, but unless the line up with healing intensive segments of the encounter who cares?

I was running ~39 Corruption with 2x Heart of Darkness traits. Then, on multiple occasions, I would get back to back eye procs with everything on CD (Cloak, Personals, HS etc).... it was just annoying and I didn't feel I was getting much "healing per corruption".

Now, I'm running 0. I have 52 Corruption resistance and only one Corrupted item equipped. Plenty of cleansed items but have held onto a few for a later date.
    J always figured healers would flock more to the pure stat block corruptions no?

J always figured healers would flock more to the pure stat block corruptions no?
    RNG... I haven't got a pure stat one yet, only stat procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    RNG... I haven't got a pure stat one yet, only stat procs.
    I feel ya as a dps I have the reverse. Just increased mastery,crit,and haste everywhere.

In some cases they are just an additional annoying boss mechanic...

Like mythic Shad'har on mythic for instance; you usually "dispel" the slow from the blobs with Hand of Freedom, but the moment the corruption-slow procs the Hand spell is ignored right away. Causing either great strain on the healers or outright a wipe.

I thought the reduced cooldown procs (2 of them) would be good for healers that have cds on bigger heals?

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    Like mythic Shad'har on mythic for instance; you usually "dispel" the slow from the blobs with Hand of Freedom, but the moment the corruption-slow procs the Hand spell is ignored right away.
    Wait what, freedom should remove all slows not just one (either corruption or blob slow)?

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Wait what, freedom should remove all slows not just one (either corruption or blob slow)?
    On paper it should also keep you immune to those effects while active, but it doesn't work that way for some reason.
    One would also expect the bubble removing both slows, but that isn't the case either.

I guess they messed it up while making the same hotfix that made the slow undispelable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Is it just me or does the entire burden of corruption just shift to the healer in group content, especially pug content? In your average LFD, DPS just want that insane spike damage and will stand eye zones, let Things hit them, etc.
    Yeah a little bit. I was on myth0 with my shammy and it was just like hell. All stand in shit eyes and other corruption dump. Avarage health was on 30% all the time i just cant keep them even if i put all what i have. I was more tired after that m0 as healer than as dps war on m+8 ><

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    On paper it should also keep you immune to those effects while active, but it doesn't work that way for some reason.
    One would also expect the bubble removing both slows, but that isn't the case either.

I guess they messed it up while making the same hotfix that made the slow undispelable.
    The rule of thumb is that the list of things HoF works on is shorter than the list of things it doesn't work on but logically should.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    More like fuck everyone who wants to be able to compete outside of lucky draws. This game is going to shit.