Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

[Movie] Star Wars: The High Republic

We'll be eating Star Wars stuff for millenia

Star Wars: The High Republic announcement trailer

Set 200 years prior to the events of Star Wars: the Phantom Menace, the Galactic Republic and the Jedi Order are at their height, serving and protecting the galaxy.

Thoughts ?
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2020-03-03 at 02:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given the recent stuff with Disney CEO quiting (less important) and G. Lucas saying he wants SW back + Mandalorian being good(more important), I'll dare to hope that this won't suck.

Just no more forced diversity for the sake of diversity. Make a good character and fans won't care if it's a trans lesbian atheist who does cross-fit.
    Also fire Kennedy, she done F'd up enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Denizly View Post
    G. Lucas saying he wants SW back
    Everyone praises that for some reason, but you know he is the one that made the prequel trilogy, which is faaaar worse then the new trilogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Everyone praises that for some reason, but you know he is the one that made the prequel trilogy, which is faaaar worse then the new trilogy.
    BE that as it may, in my eyes there's a clear difference.

Lucas gave us the original trilogy, and the prequels. 1 was universally good, 1 was either anywhere from decent to the worst thing ever (depending who u ask).
    Disney gave us the new trilogy, that everyone can agree sucks hard.

That gives Lucas 1:0.
    So with Lucas, IMHO, at least there's hope.

Ofc he might F it up too, but I at least give him a chance. I'd never give disney a chance for a new SW movie.

Focusing on diversity and inclusion.

Vaas: the Star Wars fans and general audience
    First person guy: Disney
    Guy bullied in the background: DC Comics

Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2020-02-26 at 10:03 AM.

I wonder what the general consensus will be when the dust settles. To me the new films are worse than the prequels; the prequels are worse as films on a technical level, but much better as parts of a franchise. The ideas, the worldbuilding, the characters are much much better and they tell a coherent story. Lucas reclaiming control seems like a bad idea, but I would like to see a creative person - one person - given some executive oversight over the franchise.

This new stuff doesn't look good. Wonder how they'll factor Yoda into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I've seen a lot of people saying they want Lucas back, because the prequels 'weren't as bad' as the new trilogy. My reply is always "You say they weren't as bad... but they were still shit. That doesn't make them GOOD." Just because you hated them a bit less, doesn't mean returning to Lucas is a good idea.

As for the High Republic:

Knights of the Round Table styled Jedi fighting Space Vikings?

I'm 10000000% in.

Always happy to explore a new era of Star Wars. My only misgiving is it looks like they're coming out of the gate HARD. They're stressing that The High Republic will have a core group of heroes and tell an interconnected story...

I don't want to feel like I'm forced to watch 3 seperate shows (probably all on D+), read 5 comics per month and 3 novels a year just to understand the whole plot...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

Lucas gave us the original trilogy, and the prequels. 1 was universally good, 1 was either anywhere from decent to the worst thing ever (depending who u ask).

Ofc he might F it up too, but I at least give him a chance. I'd never give disney a chance for a new SW movie.
    Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was directed by Spielberg, who directed the previous 3 and it sucked balls. Just because it's given back to the original director and creator doesn't mean it's gonna suck any less.

I like it as a concept. Star Wars hasn't really done alot of "peace" times.

Also its not stepping on the Old Republic era toes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Given the recent stuff with Disney CEO quiting (less important) and G. Lucas saying he wants SW back + Mandalorian being good(more important), I'll dare to hope that this won't suck.

Just no more forced diversity for the sake of diversity. Make a good character and fans won't care if it's a trans lesbian atheist who does cross-fit.
    Also fire Kennedy, she done F'd up enough.
    Then you will be dissapointed, bcs diversity was on their ide/thoughts/wished board 2 times and they stated that it´s what they´re aiming for.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would rather see Revan.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I would rather see Revan.
    Honestly, they should just remaster and release KotOR and make it Canon.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Sorry to mess up your theory, but I think the new trilogy is far superior to the prequels, and I grew up with them. What sucks about the new trilogy is TLJ, in which another director did everything he could to undo the work of the director of TFA and TRS. As a result, the whole trilogy was messy, but what's in the first and third movie is much better than anything in the prequels.

Lucas also added the CGI scenes to the originals which absolutely, unequivocally, made them worse. It was Lucas' decision to fuck with classics.

Pretty sure the original trilogy was good because Lucas actually listened to other peoples suggestions, considering every re-edit he ever did of them made them worse. So one could argue that the original trilogy was good despite Lucas, and not because of him.

i guess star wars is truly gone now.

i can't handle anymore of this. corona take us all.

Looking at the writter meeting board, this does not boad well. A lot of this is gona be turds for sure. A couple people from there have to be brain damaged, the first idea they pitch about whats great about star WARS, is not pro war? Are you sure you watched/played/read one of these movies/game/book about wars in space?

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Looking at the writter meeting board, this does not boad well. A lot of this is gona be turds for sure. A couple people from there have to be brain damaged, the first idea they pitch about whats great about star WARS, is not pro war? Are you sure you watched/played/read one of these movies/game/book about wars in space?
    If you people wouldn't try so hard to be offended at all cost and used your brain for something else than stopping air to blow through your skull you'd realize that 'not being pro-war' doesn't mean 'has no war' in it. There is not a single installment in Star Wars that glorifies war or could be considered 'pro-war', quite the opposite, it shows the horrors and the pain it causes.

Nah I view the prequels as a whole lot better than the shit they put out recently.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    If you people wouldn't try so hard to be offended at all cost and used your brain for something else than stopping air to blow through your skull you'd realize that 'not being pro-war' doesn't mean 'has no war' in it. There is not a single installment in Star Wars that glorifies war or could be considered 'pro-war', quite the opposite, it shows the horrors and the pain it causes.
    Im glad you ask, its actually definitivly justify war. The empire rise via an actual VOTE. Rebellion are the one starting the war, they are justified in doing so as well. They are celebrated for winning justifiably so. Because even when elected the empire was terrible. Not once in any star wars does it come up that war can not be justified, not once does it question that in the face of evil, war is not the answer, the heroes always end up going to war to stop the bad guys. There is even less anti war message in star wars, then there would be pro war ones.

That this would be the first idea you gather about star wars is that it was anti war, this board is probably made up anyway. Nobody would pitch this as their first idea of whats good about star wars. Its like not even a thing, because star wars doesent actually take a stand on either side, it shows a war that is unquestioned and justified, there is not even a single attempt at dialogue, the empire is evil we have to destroy it in a war the end.

Anti war is in the name, its against war. Anti war doesent try to justify wars, its against any form of war. What next world war 2 was anti war? Anti war is about solving conflict outside of wars, which these movies and books and games, HAVE NEVER DONE. It has no anti war message, its just not glorifying war, which does not make it anti war. It makes it neutral.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2020-02-26 at 12:25 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    wtb revan or kyle katarn
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.