Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Denizly View Post
    ... that everyone can agree sucks hard.
    Hi, sweeping statement you make as an appeal to everyone fallacy. I think they're bad cinematography wise, especially the second who ruins a serious scene with comedy done for the sake of comedy. I actually wish they had kept the direction of TLJ that was a critique of toxic masculinity instead of folding to pressure and making RoS a movie that glorified the same kind of toxic masculinity that was critiqued in TLJ.

Well. As long as the next stuff doesn't feel like a rehash of already-told stories like the last 3 movies did. I want new stuff. Not old crap repackaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    Jesus H Jones ... Get professional help ...
    It's his flamboyant exit. I tip my hat to the effort at least, most posts like that are only 1-3 sentences.

OT: Could be great but I tend to not like story with too many Jedi/Sith in the mix. I like that they're still making use of the SW universe without relying on the movie timelines.

I'm still waiting on Old Republic content.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

5+ Year Old Account
    Having known nothing about it before seeing this thread title, I interpreted the "High"... uh... differently.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    It's going to be Disney saying that something isn't canon then turning around and using those ideas, plots and characters, just renaming them and saying it's their creation and part of their canon.
    Why would Disney need to rename any thing? They have already brought thrawn into canon with no problem why would they shift away from doing it like that?

Star wars is so dead for me at this point. Seeing that white board with twice having diversity and inclusivity on it as a spearpoint shows those people care mainly about their agenda being promoted. The people in charge are blatently racists and mysandrists and proud of it. That picture of kathleen kennedy and those women wearing shirts that say the force is female was the final nail for me.
    I wont watch anything star wars until at least KK is gone and new winds are blowing at lucas films. Seems i will be waiting for alittle bit longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    At least he had a vision and stuck to it.
    The only 'vision' he stuck to was Anakin becoming Vader at the end of the PT.

Everything else was made up as he went or slapped on retroactively. He also had the benefit of their being no real cohesive canon. If something in the EU did well he could go "yeah...i totally thought of that" and if it bombed he could go "NOT MY STARS WARS". When it came to his own nonsense (like the PT movies) he just "I'M NOT WRONG, YOU'RE WRONG".

Lucas was great!

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Quaade View Post
    Hi, sweeping statement you make as an appeal to everyone fallacy. I think they're bad cinematography wise, especially the second who ruins a serious scene with comedy done for the sake of comedy. I actually wish they had kept the direction of TLJ that was a critique of toxic masculinity instead of folding to pressure and making RoS a movie that glorified the same kind of toxic masculinity that was critiqued in TLJ.
    This has to be trolling right?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Why would Disney need to rename any thing? They have already brought thrawn into canon with no problem why would they shift away from doing it like that?
    Thrawn was already canon and his trilogy is the REAL trilogy after the OT and everyone knows it. What I meant was they completely negate something but then casually use ideas and characters from it.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caradras View Post
    Star wars is so dead for me at this point. Seeing that white board with twice having diversity and inclusivity on it as a spearpoint shows those people care mainly about their agenda being promoted. The people in charge are blatently racists and mysandrists and proud of it. That picture of kathleen kennedy and those women wearing shirts that say the force is female was the final nail for me.
    I wont watch anything star wars until at least KK is gone and new winds are blowing at lucas films. Seems i will be waiting for alittle bit longer.
    Oh no, all the characters are carbon copies of each other. Damned forced diversity . What happened to the Star Wars where the only Jedi was a guy with blonde hair and blue eyes? Now that's Star Wars!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    This has to be trolling right?
    Yeah I would think so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Oh no, all the characters are carbon copies of each other. Damned forced diversity . What happened to the Star Wars where the only Jedi was a guy with blonde hair and blue eyes? Now that's Star Wars!
    You clearly don't know your SW lore, like, whatsoever. Nor do you know what writing a character organically in to a story is.
    ― Ronald Regan

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    At least he had a vision and stuck to it.
    Lucas kinda caved on his vision after the back lash of the prequels there are Old interviews and what not about how there were gonna be 9 total Lucas movies with Luke being the new obiwan for the last 3 but after the insane amount of hate for the prequels the tone changed completely with Lucas saying there was no plans and that he’s never make another movie.

So while there might have been an over all vision it was pretty soundly smashed and abandoned which is what lead to Disney buying Starwars off him in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Thrawn was already canon and his trilogy is the REAL trilogy after the OT and everyone knows it. What I meant was they completely negate something but then casually use ideas and characters from it.
    Negating the EU then brining over the stuff that worked was always the plan and one that seems to be working rather well if thrawn is any thing to go by. As much as people will pretend other wise the EU was filled to the brim with trash for every thrawn there were two or so zombies sith tree’s and binding your self to heaps of garbage instead of just picking out the good bits would be insane.

10+ Year Old Account

You clearly don't know your SW lore, like, whatsoever. Nor do you know what writing a character organically in to a story is.
    Youre right. I forgot there was also a green one. His eyes are greenish so that's only minus half a point.

One thing that can be said about the Prequels is they did expand upon the setting whereas the Sequels did hardly anything of the sort. I mean we got TCW because of the PT. What have we gotten from the ST? Nothing but schlock. Even Rebels (which is mediocre with some great moments few and far in-between) takes place before ANH.

Leaked screenshot of Star Wars : The High Republic.

Negating the EU then brining over the stuff that worked was always the plan and one that seems to be working rather well if thrawn is any thing to go by. As much as people will pretend other wise the EU was filled to the brim with trash for every thrawn there were two or so zombies sith tree’s and binding your self to heaps of garbage instead of just picking out the good bits would be insane.
    Thrawn was brought into the worst show possible for him. He hardly made an impact since Rebels is the toothless cousin of TCW.

5+ Year Old Account
    Youre right. I forgot there was also a green one. His eyes are greenish so that's only minus half a point.
    Again, you clearly don't know your SW lore at all.
    ― Ronald Regan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wewlad View Post
    One thing that can be said about the Prequels is they did expand upon the setting whereas the Sequels did hardly anything of the sort. I mean we got TCW because of the PT. What have we gotten from the ST? Nothing but schlock. Even Rebels (which is mediocre with some great moments few and far in-between) takes place before ANH.
    The ST has a cartoon series and a whole host of print material just like the PT and OT..

- - - Updated - - -

Again, you clearly don't know your SW lore at all.
    And you clearly don't understand what Im getting at. You keep up the good fight of making SW great again, though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wewlad View Post
    Thrawn was brought into the worst show possible for him. He hardly made an impact since Rebels is the toothless cousin of TCW.
    Sure he didn’t have a ground breaking introduction but given that he survived the show and had his own mini comic series which seemed to be setting something up it’s incredibly likely he’ll do more on the future.

5+ Year Old Account
    The ST has a cartoon series and a whole host of print material just like the PT and OT..

- - - Updated - - -

And you clearly don't understand what Im getting at. You keep up the good fight of making SW great again, though.
    No one does because you have no knowledge to back up your ridiculous claims. You keep up the personal fight of making SW what you think would make It good regardless if it's already there or not and with total disregard to well written characters.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure he didn’t have a ground breaking introduction but given that he survived the show and had his own mini comic series which seemed to be setting something up it’s incredibly likely he’ll do more on the future.
    Disney is literally just using popular stuff to keep writing their checks. They don't care for quality or organic stories anymore. IT\t's just a platform they can use to them.
    ― Ronald Regan