Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Too late, Blizzard! Too late! You've already pissed all of us loyal Diablo 1 and 2 players with the Immortal announcement, and this looks utterly, absolutely, terrible! Just scrap the whole thing and start working on Diablo V from scratch because this one will be so bad, you might as well skip it.

Scrap it, I HAVE SPOKEN!

I'm just kidding, I've never even played a Diablo game in my life! Carry on.

you have to give them this, blizzard know how to animate a npc, they always look like real

but

BUT

it will be fine and epic until the day ACTIVISION told them to rush things up and you'll see a rushed product, crappy and all, mark my word

but i hope im wrong, but in the world of today, with activision, ea, bethesda etc...who only think about cash and board, you have for 99% of the time a rushed and crappy game because of the filthy money
    Last edited by kaintk; 2020-02-26 at 09:40 PM.

After the D3 disaster, I wouldn't even trust D4 open beta. Will wait till the actual release date.

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    It was terrible till RoS came out.
    I stopped playing at roughly the 6 month mark. The game was a dumpster fire.

What scares me the most is the Damage/Defense/Life stat. D3 has one of the blandest stat mechanics in the game for character progression and build variety. Stack that crit chance, crit power, the 50000% damage modifier, and so on. Item comparing? Slap that baby on and see if my numbers go up...just no.

There should be more thought and depth to stats and how they affect select skills. I'm not asking for Grim Dawn or PoE's level of complexity, but definitely something more than "+damage" mods.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    What scares me the most is the Damage/Defense/Life stat. D3 has one of the blandest stat mechanics in the game for character progression and build variety. Stack that crit chance, crit power, the 50000% damage modifier, and so on. Item comparing? Slap that baby on and see if my numbers go up...just no.

There should be more thought and depth to stats and how they affect select skills. I'm not asking for Grim Dawn or PoE's level of complexity, but definitely something more than "+damage" mods.
    they will change it, its nearly impossible they dont do it, they know that item customization is one the big key in diablo franchise

its just an alpha/beta product for now, attac/def was just put there to begin with something

Pretty sweet art, looks to much like warhammer though but cant complain as i love the art there.

Blizzard getting back to their roots of ripping off warhammer art again. It is a shame they can't rip off the quality of writing too.

Attack and Defense as core mechanics are still there... no thanks.

I was expecting more dark theme, more bobby deadly traps that could affect your progression chokepoint and attack/defense core there. It better not be another "Hey slap million critical and critical damage and resistance and bsbsbs AND FUCK OFF YOU GO LOLOLLOLOLOL KILL ETC!."

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    they will change it, its nearly impossible they dont do it, they know that item customization is one the big key in diablo franchise

its just an alpha/beta product for now, attac/def was just put there to begin with something
    I want to agree but I really can't. I believe they've even commented on it saying they want D4 to be "the best of D3 and D2" meaning the easy to learn of D3 with the depth of D2. They like the Damage/Toughness of D3, sadly.

Can't have a game that isn't going to sell well with kids, after all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    I was expecting more dark theme, more bobby deadly traps that could affect your progression chokepoint and attack/defense core there. It better not be another "Hey slap million critical and critical damage and resistance and bsbsbs AND FUCK OFF YOU GO LOLOLLOLOLOL KILL ETC!."
    Considering crit chance and crit damage are both going to be stats, that's likely to happen. I wish they'd remove crit damage and only had crit chance, with a few rare sources increasing crit damage, like some deep talent giving +10% or similar. Two damage stats that exponentially increase each other means all other damage stats are comparatively obsolete.

Good to see another PC franchise making game and UI design concessions for consoles, probably why the 3 stat shit exists, can't go too high for the 75 IQ console audience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttwitch View Post
    They look like Chaos Marauders from Warhammer Fantasy.
    Which should come as a surprised to nobody considering Blizzard's track record of ripping off GW's IP.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Waiting for update on itemization that will be the key factor if the game will succeed or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    Good to see another PC franchise making game and UI design concessions for consoles, probably why the 3 stat shit exists, can't go too high for the 75 IQ console audience.
    Yeah, I mean it's not like Path of Exile is on Consoles too are anything.

Oh..Oh wait...

maybe it will be something else, one of the thing that make diablo franchise succesful is the fact that you never have the perfect items so grinding for them is always a thing even at the end game with a complete character

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    A surprising number of players asked for the option to rebind their primary skill to anything but the left mouse button so that they could separate moving from attacking.
    This is only surprising if you've never played an ARPG before. Come on Blizz...

What a dumpsterfire.

After the fail that is Diablo 3 and Reforged.. yea.. no. No more Diablo 4 for me. Diablo 3 is fixed you say? NAH. I play it still. 90 % of the specs are worthless or just good for fast farming. Nothing end-gamie or serious. U want a group, u got like 3-5 options from like 200 specs. So fun and balanced. I don't care how im wrong (how you think i am) and how many specs are okay for 100-115. The game max is 150, 110/115 is bottom of the barrel. If you like doing normal raids instead of heroics or mythics in WoW, ye, same goes for Diablo and GR 110-120. It will be enough for ya, but not for the people that want the best and the most. Its funny actually. They fix many specs that were useless, but then.. they either didn't buff them enough, or they nerfed the ones that were doing okay and then they buff some other specs lol. THey keep nerfing and buffng and in the end.. half of the classes and specs are useless... (yes, i keep repeating that word cuz just like DIablo 3, that word pretty much describes how I feel about Blizz,Nzod, BFA,Diablo 3,WC3 Reforged and in some ways Heroes of the storm)

P.s. If a spec at level 3000-4500 cant handle 125+ fine then its worthless. It is a fact and everyone that actually plays it mostly agrees. I know, people will defend Blizz again but oh well. I'm still waiting for that Diablo 3 PVP... Arenas or even the air combat from Wrath of the lich king btw. They always seem to lie on their boxes or websites (of the retail games lol) Reforged is by far not their first lie Also, that last Blizzcon where they said they wont make Reforged the way they promised lol. A few months before the game came out? What a joke. They could have announced that MUCH sooner so people can cancel the pre-orders sooner. They literally said it JUST BEFORE the game came out. And yes, i still cant even play Reforged. It crashes every single game on all of my 3 laptops and 2 desktops. I got videos for proof too so bite me blizz fanboys.

Is this the Wolcen killer I've been hearing about?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    It's kind of funny to see people's reactions to these early development updates.

That's exactly WHY they don't like publishing info of early stages, because people look at a wip and go "omg this is how it'll be and it SUCKS I'm not buying this shit!".

BUT when they didn't announce anything on Blizzcon because it wasn't ready, people ALSO revolted.

There's just no pleasing everyone, I guess.

That's not to say that I'm unequivocally pleased by what I'm seeing - far from it. There's still a LOT of work to be done, and the bulk of it is not actually about the things discussed here. The UI and the monsters/environments are some of the things I'm LEAST worried about in D4. The content system, gearing/stat system, item drop system, etc. - those are what I AM worried about. But I understand that them showing UI development doesn't say anything about THOSE parts of the game (or very very little at least).
    Well, they need to know it looks like shit now before they get nearly finished.