Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    No, you turkey () - other candidates flub's. Other times they have fucked up and made a mistake compared to Biden. You said "many more" so let's see the numbers. There must be something you're pulling that opinion from other than just your frontal lobe, right?
    That makes no sense.
    It is still many more, even if the others have 0.

Also you really need proof for that? He fucked up so many times that it's not even possible to remember them all.
    Not condemning him for that, he is old after all, shit happens.

Whatever, his lie was bad... Pretty sure you can't misremember that hard... And if you really do, maybe president is not the right thing for you.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    When you 'misremember' something that just completely didn't happen...that's just a lie.

Calling it 'misremembering' is just you doing the thing you're accusing people like Edge of doing, that being using language that's too harsh to fit the situation, but just from the opposite angle. You're using language that's not harsh enough to fit the situation, seemingly because you like and/or support him?
    But it did happen, almost everything Biden said re South Africa. It was only he wasn't arrested, merely "separated", but police. I think that qualifies as misremembering. I don't think I'm doing what you claim here, given the correction of the event actually having happened. Could you respond back to this, just to clarify?

Personally THIS is what gives aid to the Republicans. When we blow up every single tiny issue into a days+ 'news'cycle. And its not because it's giving Republicans help, its because its cementing divides in the base. Like when Sanders' (someone who I admire and is my #2 pick) supporters went absolutely fucking insane the second Warren even REMOTELY criticizes Sanders and points out the differences in her plan. That's another example.

Its not just the people who freakout and go on the attack, its also people freaking out on the defense and then becoming the next round of the freakout aggressors.
    I would argue, calmly, that I'm not "freaking out" on the defense. I think I'm pointing out valid discrepancies of the events compared to people's interpretation of the events, and then arguing that all of this GOP-labeling only helps the GOP.

However, I do agree that those who freak out on either side of attack or defense are hurting us overall.

(who is your #1 pick)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Could have been the genuine truth in his mind.

I know tons of people (people my age, late 20s) who have been repeating lies, especially to themselves, so long that the lie is their truth. People who embellished stories (to events I was personally witness to) to make themselves look better/make someone else look worse and its just been so many years and so many embellishments that, as far as their brain is concerned, that's actually what happened because neither I nor anyone ever called them out on it. And if we did it now, they'd probably dispute it.
    Embellishment is the word I would use to describe what Biden did. I agree 100%, and thanks for the analysis, too.

What's really bad is when a handful of incidents is blow WAY OUT OF PROPORTION compared to the number of things said overall. And it's sure a good thing that other candidates making gaffes like this are getting the same treatment that the GOP is pushing.

Claiming these are mental issues instead of just normal errors is doing the work of the GOP. Period.
    Emphasis above to say - oh, like the Bernie Bro narrative?

I do agree with you though. Admitting mistakes sure as hell should be desirable.

But he's not the only one. Every candidate is making flubs. Joe's are just being mislabeled, by the GOP, and parroted by the Dems.
    In other cases though, Biden has lied, no? We have evidence of that in previous failed presidential campaigns of his, for example.
    Last edited by tyrlaan; 2020-02-26 at 10:51 PM. Reason: clarity

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    That makes no sense.
    It is still many more, even if the others have 0.

Also you really need proof for that? He fucked up so many times that it's not even possible to remember them all.
    Not condemning him for that, he is old after all, shit happens.

Whatever, his lie was bad... Pretty sure you can't misremember that hard... And if you really do, maybe president is not the right thing for you.
    How many? Give me a number. Show me the list or events you are pulling this claim from. This is the internet after all, I'm sure you can find it now even if you've just been using perceptions and feels prior.

(who is your #1 pick)
    Elizabeth Warren.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Emphasis above to say - oh, like the Bernie Bro narrative?

I do agree with you though. Admitting mistakes sure as hell should be desirable.
    Ok, that was a nice turn. Gotta give that one to you. None of us are perfect.

Thank you on the second point. I feel like intellectual honesty is dead on the GOP side, and I don't want us to lose that on ours.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    In other cases though, Biden has lied, no? We have evidence of that in previous failed presidential campaigns of his, for example.
    Not sure if lied is the best word. Embellished. Misremembered. I know I'm walking a fine line here, but the South Africa example - that wasn't a lie. He embellished on a memory that was 45 years old. We all make that mistake.

I hate to be a fly in the punch bowl to all of you lovely people but over the last 2 debates i fail to see a single candidate that even rivals Trumps ability to pull together a party to show up and vote. Whether or not he is who hes is he will rile up his base to vote and on the other side i either see an old man who wants me to get off his lawn, a pedophile with dementia, a gay man, a woman who looks like a crazy, and a stay at home mom.

Edit: Your only chance is to get Bloomberg to out spend trump.
    Last edited by Trunksee; 2020-02-26 at 10:56 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Elizabeth Warren.
    Excellent - my #1 as well. I would have loved to see her and Castro on the ticket. Biden and Warren were also a favorite of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    I hate to be a fly in the punch bowl to all of you lovely people but over the last 2 debates i fail to see a single candidate that even rivals Trumps ability to pull together a party to show up and vote.
    Did you forget how much of a complete shitshow the 2016 Republican primary was?

It makes the 2020 Democratic primary look like a meeting of the UN delegate.
    Last edited by Yoshingo; 2020-02-26 at 10:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate to be a fly in the punch bowl to all of you lovely people but over the last 2 debates i fail to see a single candidate that even rivals Trumps ability to pull together a party to show up and vote. Whether or not he is who hes is he will rile up his base to vote and on the other side i either see an old man who wants me to get off his lawn, a pedophile with dementia, a gay man, a woman who looks like a crazy, and a stay at home mom.
    Wow, amazing. Almost none of what you said was true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    That's because the pulling together part hasn't happened yet. Right now they are vying for their spot - competing. First day after the DNC is when we'll see party unity, and the speeches during will build that start up.

Also, Trump called, he needs some help killing a cow for McDonalds to cook up - can you get over to India and lend a hand?

Whether or not he is who hes is he will rile up his base to vote and on the other side i either see an old man who wants me to get off his lawn, a pedophile with dementia, a gay man, a woman who looks like a crazy, and a stay at home mom.
    What a nuanced and intelligent take.

I love how Republicans/Conservatives think people give any fucks what their bad faith takes on the Democratic party's primary is for some reason in this election.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's because the pulling together part hasn't happened yet. Right now they are vying for their spot - competing. First day after the DNC is when we'll see party unity, and the speeches during will build that start up.
    You can definitely tell these perspectives are Republican because I've been getting nothing but a spam of pro-unity messages from Perez and the DNC in my gmail inbox. :')
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Wow, amazing. Almost none of what you said was true.
    Republicans fail to be impressed by democrats! Shocking! Whatever will democrats do if they can't amaze Republicans?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Republicans fail to be impressed by democrats! Shocking! Whatever will democrats do if they can't amaze Republicans?
    They're amazed by an orange leather bag bloviating about building a wall and making Mexico pay for it but they don't get the inherent hilariousness in "sometimes...things that are expensive...are worse..."

Edit: Your only chance is to get Bloomberg to out spend trump.
    Each and every one of those stereotypes would be better than an incompetent crook bent on destroying the institutions.

Excellent - my #1 as well. I would have loved to see her and Castro on the ticket. Biden and Warren were also a favorite of mine.
    How could be a sanders/warren or sanders/biden ticket for you?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

What a nuanced and intelligent take.

I love how Republicans/Conservatives think people give any fucks what their bad faith takes on the Democratic party's primary is for some reason in this election.
    You dont get it. You dont have a polarizing figure to rally the base. Wait 4 years until pence is running. Then you might have a chance with these lousy candidates.

Whether or not he is who hes is he will rile up his base to vote and on the other side i either see an old man who wants me to get off his lawn, a pedophile with dementia, a gay man, a woman who looks like a crazy, and a stay at home mom.
    I mean, if we're focusing on appearance, how are any of those worse than an obese, pathologically lying Oompa Loompa with a comb over who wears ill fitting clothes and can't tie a tie properly?

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Each and every one of those stereotypes would be better than an incompetent crook bent on destroying the institutions.
    Yet not a single one is as polarizing as Trump to the republican base to get them to show up...