Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    MSNBC already got that covered.
    Yeah MSNBC already has Chris Matthews and Chuck Todd.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I think the problem with Joe Biden is that his only message is "remember Obama you like him right I was his VP" not much else. Biden never had a lane basically he needed a gimmick or a goal aside from let's go back to the Obama days. His campaign was doomed from the start because he never separated himself as his own person who was going to do better than Obama.
    Agreed. And his policy ideas/plans have never been stunning, at least enough to draw him away from the Obama shadow. I wish he'd run in 2016 - it would have been the best time for him. I like him as a candidate, but not for any inspiring reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    I'm a bit worried about Sanders viability with him vocally defending totalitarian regimes increasing literacy.

There's the old joke about "At least Hitler made the trains run on time", but Sanders isn't joking...
    Says the guy that has openly supported Trump? This is fucking hilarious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    For you individually the cost of M4A would be cheaper per year, per month, then the current system.
    Finally. Something I can agree with you with. These people complaining about M4A are complaining about it because they think that their taxes would go up, sure a little, but they don't realize that they wouldn't be paying their insurance premiums anymore. Their taxes might go up a couple of percent, but they would overall be paying less in the long run. Also, if they have prescriptions, I am sure most of them would go down, if not completely covered by M4A.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Why do people think healthcare will cost the same as it does now if we have universal/single payer/M4A?
    Because they don't understand or realize that they wouldn't have to pay insurance premiums on top of a couple of percent in higher taxes. They think that they would still continue having to pay for that. And the systems would overall, save money for the US government if they could negotiate for prescription prices and prices on say things that are cheaper in other countries, like X-rays, and other stuff like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i think his family needs to get his brain health checked and do everything they can to stave off senility. he probably thinks he actually did this.

it reminds me of my grandma. just about everything we own, she invents a story and fully believes she's the one that bought it. it's a kinda scary thing to see, when you know the kinds of things that can cause it.
    If he is senile, what does that make Trump? Considering his constant gaffes, mispronunciations, and slurring speech.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    I hate to be a fly in the punch bowl to all of you lovely people but over the last 2 debates i fail to see a single candidate that even rivals Trumps ability to pull together a party to show up and vote. Whether or not he is who hes is he will rile up his base to vote and on the other side i either see an old man who wants me to get off his lawn, a pedophile with dementia, a gay man, a woman who looks like a crazy, and a stay at home mom.

Edit: Your only chance is to get Bloomberg to out spend trump.
    I didn't know Trump was running for the Democratic ticket, because if you are saying that Biden is the "pedophile with dementia", then I have some sad news for you. Considering there is no evidence he has sexually assaulted a minor, while Trump is CREDIBLY ACCUSED OF RAPE of a 13 year old.

10+ Year Old Account
    That worked out great for Al Gore
    compared with george w bush who ran one of the most corrupt administrations and had scandal after scandal only exceeded by trump? yeah i say al gore left with a pretty good reputation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Agreed. And Obama will be coming out in force to unite the party as well. Behind the new nominee.
    he did that last time and it didn't really do much....yeah hillary still won the popular vote but not by much.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    he did that last time and it didn't really do much....
    Yeah, he really didn't. Thanks for playing though?

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    yeah hillary still won the popular vote but not by much.
    I guess you're bread then? Because almost 3,000,000 votes isn't "not much" in any sane person's mind. Ha ha?
    Last edited by cubby; 2020-02-27 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    James Carville is honestly just... full of shit in general.
    James Carville wrote this book in 2009 after spending a year telling everyone he could that nominating Obama would be the death knell of the Democratic Party:

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Finally. Something I can agree with you with. These people complaining about M4A are complaining about it because they think that their taxes would go up, sure a little, but they don't realize that they wouldn't be paying their insurance premiums anymore. Their taxes might go up a couple of percent, but they would overall be paying less in the long run. Also, if they have prescriptions, I am sure most of them would go down, if not completely covered by M4A.
    A decent National Health Service is something I miss about the UK; that and some other things. Its a good policy and it takes the burden and ceaseless aggravation off my back. I'm a mom as it is so my life is burdened with all the time. Last I want is to interact with some corporate fuckwit whose job is to prevent me from getting treatment; and what I disliked about the ACA is it forced me to navigate some marketplace of insurance and just made the process a giant annoyance that was confusing and time intensive AND STILL COST ME MONEY!!!

A proper NHS is just some small pittance of tax, I show up, get checked out, get my daughter checked out, don't have to worry or deal with some asshole in a suite, and then leave for the pharmacy with decently priced to borderline free medicine.

Americans must have a brain parasite if they think this current system of constantly pissing off, over pricing and under serving people is worth it. Even worse if you now are even more tied down to your shit job just to have the "privilege" of interacting with this shit.

EDIT: And for the people kvetching about "BUT BIG GOVERNMENT!" Pfffft The point is to have the State not policing our existence and bothering us. Offering a service we can all use with like no hassle or aggravation is the peak of "Good Government". This is a discreet service one can call upon whenever and otherwise completely ignore. And on a per individual basis its very inexpensive.

- - - Updated - - -

Yet not a single one is as polarizing as Trump to the republican base to get them to show up...
    What does Polarizing even mean?
    Last edited by Theodarzna; 2020-02-27 at 03:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the problem with Joe Biden is that his only message is "remember Obama you like him right I was his VP" not much else. Biden never had a lane basically he needed a gimmick or a goal aside from let's go back to the Obama days. His campaign was doomed from the start because he never separated himself as his own person who was going to do better than Obama.
    Biden's issues are many. Yea, he's subsisting on Obama's legacy but that's not all. He has no plans to change anything that Trump isn't already doing. He has no plans to uplift the poor or society in general. He's definitely part of the establishment because the DNC is trying really hard to paint him as the front runner. His version of Medicare for All is going to cost tax payers more money while also being inferior to Bernie's version. It wasn't even his idea to begin with, as Bernie brought up the idea in 2017. That's the problem with all the candidates because they only support Medicare for All because they know it's popular, but none of them are responsible for the idea. If Biden were to win I can assure you the idea of Medicare for All would be scrapped and the Affordable Care Act would get amended slightly so the rich insurance assholes don't lose too much money. No swamp gets drained, as I'm sure he'll appoint as many Goldman Sachs asshats as Trump. Nothing will be done to strengthen our democracy, and maybe even weaken it. Even Obama went with a Goldman Sachs asshole at some point, plus he bailed out the banks so I wouldn't focus my electability as the Vice President of his administration.

Or the fact he's seemingly senile, judging from the way he claims to have interacted with Deng Xiaoping on the subject of the Paris Climate Accord.

Since the latter died 19 years before the PCA even occurred; unless Biden is actually a medium and channeled Deng's spirit, there's absolutely no way the incident could have transpired.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Or the fact he's seemingly senile, judging from the way he claims to have interacted with Deng Xiaoping on the subject of the Paris Climate Accord.

Since the latter died 19 years before the PCA even occurred; unless Biden is actually a medium and channeled Deng's spirit, there's absolutely no way the incident could have transpired.
    I know right, I saw that story earlier and laughed my ass off at it. Perhaps Biden is the 5th ghostbuster so he didn't know that Deng Xiaoping is actually dead?

Remember that one time Biden called a voter in Iowa fat and challenged him to a push up contest?

I think Biden would be a hilarious nominee, he seems to be losing his marbles, forgetting what state he's in, and not remembering who he has talked to.

10+ Year Old Account

The Biden senile memes are getting funny.

https://i.imgur.com/LnXsEgC.jpg
    https://i.imgflip.com/3i8re1.jpg
    https://i.imgflip.com/39a0vt.jpg
    https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/...2/tempsnip.png

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Exactly are are people scared about when it comes to Bernie Sanders like seriously? What the fuck is the worry with... him?
    He's not exactly flexible.

I love the dude, even admire his character for sticking to his ideals but that is not the way stuff gets done in D.C. unless you already hold Congress. If Bernie gets enough voters and potential voters fired up to carry over all the way down the ballot, that's good, even flipping the Senate is within reach but not to be taken for granted and a filibuster-proof majority is out of reach.

I really don't understand why Buttigieg isn't doing better. He's the youngest of the "moderates" and yet is so blatantly also the most polished, by a mile. It seems like a lot of primary voters aren't really paying attention. I'm not sure how anyone who is aware could support Biden at this point, and yet he is clearly in the 2-3 spot in most places and also winning some states. Why on earth would you go out and vote at all if you aren't going to do any research on the candidates? People are really asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by cordrann View Post
    I really don't understand why Buttigieg isn't doing better. He's the youngest of the "moderates" and yet is so blatantly also the most polished, by a mile. It seems like a lot of primary voters aren't really paying attention. I'm not sure how anyone who is aware could support Biden at this point, and yet he is clearly in the 2-3 spot in most places and also winning some states. Why on earth would you go out and vote at all if you aren't going to do any research on the candidates? People are really asinine.
    A young person with old failed ideas is still old in my book.
    Second Buttigieg has no place running for President really, only reason why he is even a ''top tier'' is because of Biden's failure. So the lead that Biden had early on just got spread around to random
    Third Buttigieg plan was simple. Put a most effort in the first two states to build momentum for super Tuesday. This can kind of work but it's not a guaranteed strategy because Sanders did allot better.
    Fourt: he is dishonest at best.
    Fifth: moderates with democrats means nothing, it's a term that lost it's true meaning. Personally I consider Warren the true moderate.

I think people wrote the senility thing off a long time ago, it obviously doesn't bother the American public since Trump clearly has dementia.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    I know right, I saw that story earlier and laughed my ass off at it. Perhaps Biden is the 5th ghostbuster so he didn't know that Deng Xiaoping is actually dead?

Remember that one time Biden called a voter in Iowa fat and challenged him to a push up contest?

I think Biden would be a hilarious nominee, he seems to be losing his marbles, forgetting what state he's in, and not remembering who he has talked to.
    Meh Trump keeps bringing up dead people being alive as well so it would be a rather incoherent fight not to mention his slurring of words.

Probably because of his failed record as mayor in South Bend, Indiana. He has had a bad record with minorities.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't understand why Buttigieg isn't doing better. He's the youngest of the "moderates" and yet is so blatantly also the most polished, by a mile.
    Simple. He projects a massive amount of this energy:

Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Or that time he was arrested and imprisoned in South Africa for trying to free Mandela. Apparently, straight after he became President, Mandela flew straight to the US to hug and thank him for it.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Because he is a robot who repeats the same talking points ad nauseam with no feelings and zero energy. The guy is wound up so tight I have never seen him be himself, it's like he is in the closet all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Fourth: he is dishonest at best.
    This one, big time. The shift in his policy stances from day 1 of his campaign to today is staggering. Staggering. And these aren't done because his ideals suddenly shifted, but rather because he thinks its what he has to do to win. The problem with that, of course, is that it just shows us that he stands for nothing.