Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    I already predicted a huge drop due to this administration and its policies within the next 2 years given what we already know, what economists say and what I have looked into here.

This could very well set that off sooner at this rate. Remember the economy is already being propped up with low interest rates and Quantitative easing. So, in gaming terms, we already have burned those cool down and won't get much effect trying to use them again.

Then got the actual slowing down due to the trade war or the facts the poor and working class has still got the shit end of the stick and what gains they have gotten can be more attributed to "The Fight for 15" forcing minimum wages up in multiple states combined with Walmart (One of our biggest employers) also raising their starting pay to combat it.

Then got the housing stuff where the costs no where near match the public's ability to pay for them along with the student debt issue claiming and so on.

I figure we will probably fight this off, but I see a MASSIVE collapse in the near future.
    I wish I disagreed with you.

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation...l-intelligence
    wow, Trump's stupid decision to make Grenell DNI might be really good for us here in Germany. Thanks for that!

Edit title:
    Germans demand U.S. ambassador, a ‘biased propaganda machine,’ be replaced
    Last edited by Inuyaki; 2020-02-26 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    I wish I disagreed with you.
    Dude, my father is just retiring, and i'm still a jobless college graduate. Prospects are not looking good.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Dude, my father is just retiring, and i'm still a jobless college graduate. Prospects are not looking good.
    Agreed, I have been out of the work force since 2012 with a spinal injury and nerve damage (still fighting the VA over disability though) but I am still forced to watch this shit happening knowing my nieces and nephews are going to be stuck dealing with the fallout.

Sucks watching it, it is like watching a train wreck in slow motion with a good portion of the passengers denying it because they are too proud to look outside of their cart and look at where they are heading.

Sucks really bad when one of those are my niece's dad who won't believe anything no matter the evidence unless it says what he wants to believe, basically all information must be filtered through Trump or Fox for him to believe it. But not Shep Smith or Chris Wallace I think, he hasn't mentioned them either way though.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Agreed, I have been out of the work force since 2012 with a spinal injury and nerve damage (still fighting the VA over disability though) but I am still forced to watch this shit happening knowing my nieces and nephews are going to be stuck dealing with the fallout.

Sucks watching it, it is like watching a train wreck in slow motion with a good portion of the passengers denying it because they are too proud to look outside of their cart and look at where they are heading.

Sucks really bad when one of those are my niece's dad who won't believe anything no matter the evidence unless it says what he wants to believe, basically all information must be filtered through Trump or Fox for him to believe it. But not Shep Smith or Chris Wallace I think, he hasn't mentioned them either way though.
    Ugh i really hope that your nephews/nieces dont have to deal with too much financial fallout because of the stupidity of their parents. And well at least my student debt is not that high (by chilean standards) , so i dont have that much to complain in that regard. The thing is, my parents have a crapton of money (by chilean standards, again) invested in foreign instruments (AKA: US investments) so i dunno if i tell them to get that money out, as the return of a month and a half has been essentially flat.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

That does suck - on both accounts.

I think we're going to see major global upheaval in many countries when major climate change starts to severely impact growing cycles. Food shortages will trigger everything else melting down, and we'll start to see civil wars in lesser developed countries and riots in developed. 100 years from now the world will be a different place, with the U.S. Bread Basket gone, Russia growing more food than most other countries, and population clusters moving dramatically away from coasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-hir...115036910.html

A 23 year old kid who is still a university student will apparently be hired to become the director of operations for the White House's Presidential Personnel Office.

I have nothing more to say. This is absurd enough on its own.
    At this point I want to apply for his administration, not because I love Trump, but because that fat paycheck and added bit on my resume would be worth it for the 4-7 months I'd work there. I'm sure I'm just as qualified as some of those other people.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    That does suck - on both accounts.

I think we're going to see major global upheaval in many countries when major climate change starts to severely impact growing cycles. Food shortages will trigger everything else melting down, and we'll start to see civil wars in lesser developed countries and riots in developed. 100 years from now the world will be a different place, with the U.S. Bread Basket gone, Russia growing more food than most other countries, and population clusters moving dramatically away from coasts.
    I think that the best policy will be enforced veganism at that point.
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2020-02-27 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    At this point I want to apply for his administration, not because I love Trump, but because that fat paycheck and added bit on my resume would be worth it for the 4-7 months I'd work there. I'm sure I'm just as qualified as some of those other people.
    Don't think that hasn't occurred to me, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/26/trum...n-article.html

After years of threatening to sue the NYT for almost every article they've written about him, his campaign is finally pulling the trigger on a libel suit.

What was the offending article?

And op-ed. This one in particular - https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/27/o...d-pro-quo.html
    And it will get thrown out of court before it even starts. If it doesn't, it is going to go to discovery phase, and then Trump will drop it when the New York Times asks him for his fucking taxes. GUARANTEED that will will happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    https://www.latimes.com/world-nation...l-intelligence
    wow, Trump's stupid decision to make Grenell DNI might be really good for us here in Germany. Thanks for that!

Edit title:
    Germans demand U.S. ambassador, a ‘biased propaganda machine,’ be replaced
    Every one of his appointments should be replaced, along with him.

Im catching bits of his coronavirus/CDC press conference. Shocker, he is a complete idiot basically speaking on nothing. Not knowing the situation.

"We've stopped non-U.S. citizens from coming into America from China," Trump said at today's Coronavirus outbreak briefing, adding that those infected or at risk have been quarantined.

Wait? So you stopped every Chineses national? Including business people, people who come here on ships to unload good? Really?
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2020-02-27 at 01:50 AM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Im catching bits of his coronavirus/CDC press conference. Shocker, he is a complete idiot basically speaking on nothing. Not knowing the situation.
    So basically like every other day.
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

"We've stopped non-U.S. citizens from coming into America from China," Trump said at today's Coronavirus outbreak briefing, adding that those infected or at risk have been quarantined.

Wait? So you stopped every Chineses national? Including business people, people who come here on ships to unload good? Really?
    Yeah, they just made exceptions for infected US Citizens to come here to spread it. Instead of keeping them in China like they should have until they were well enough to come home, and completely clear of the disease.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    The interesting question will be, will we hit the 20% down indicator on all 3 markets that would signal an end to the bull market run.
    The next target is 26,616 as @Fugus said.

However, just past that is a 10% total drop known as "correction".

I don't think we'll see that. That's a bad line to cross, and one that could be prevented by just holding things steady until some positive earnings come in.

Is this Bad news, or very bad news? i'm speaking of how the markets will react.

With the first case of coronavirus from an unknown source being confirmed in my state I feel very safe that Mike Pence, guy who hates science, is the one leading the country against this disease.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    With the first case of coronavirus from an unknown source being confirmed in my state I feel very safe that Mike Pence, guy who hates science, is the one leading the country against this disease.
    Well, it is just a good thing that he didn't give another job to Kushner. Though, I guess it would just be another tossup on who would do a worse job, the religious nutbag, or the very underqualified moron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Thoughts and prayers.

Officials with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirmed the nation’s first coronavirus case of unknown origin Wednesday in Northern California in the latest sign of the virus’ rapid spread.

“It is a confirmed case. There is one in Northern California,” CDC spokesman Scott Pauley told The Sacramento Bee just before 4 p.m. Wednesday. Pauley declined to elaborate.

It was immediately unknown where in Northern California the case was discovered, but officials have begun to trace the person’s contacts as they sleuth out where and how the person may have become infected and whether others have been exposed, The Washington Post reports.

The Post originally reported the story, citing a person briefed on the case. President Donald Trump was briefing reporters at the White House on the federal response to the outbreak, now feared to become a pandemic.
    The high irony of an unknown source during Trump's speech about how under control this is cannot escape notice.

EDIT: By the way,

Whatever happens, we’re totally prepared, we have the best people in the world. … It’s going to be very well under control
    Trump has moved from "it is under control" to "it's going to be under control".

Take note. That was a tense shift.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2020-02-27 at 02:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Thoughts and prayers.

The high irony of an unknown source during Trump's speech about how under control this is cannot escape notice.

EDIT: By the way,

Trump has moved from "it is under control" to "it's going to be under control".

Take note. That was a tense shift.
    You're (probably) fucked. That response is worse than the response of our health deputy. And said response was horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Well, it is just a good thing that he didn't give another job to Kushner. Though, I guess it would just be another tossup on who would do a worse job, the religious nutbag, or the very underqualified moron.
    I'm just so glad that Trump saved the government a small amount of money by getting rid of the Pandemic Response Team.