Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I raid log a lot, I don't need much loot anymore, I might try to get in on azuregos if hes up, I will probably finish getting my druid alt to 60 by the time ZG comes out so gearing it up is a breeze, 2 characters, 4 zg resets, not so much raid logging in phase 4. hell once the AQ gate is open, even if you do raid log with a main and an alt, you'll still be logging in nearly every day of the week. I enjoy playing other games so, I'd like to play wow as little as possible, its likely that ill mostly focus on the main raids and once i've got my warrior its skill books from aq20 ill not bother running it again.

Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    General hot topic is the large amount of raid loggers each guild has and the hidden animosity that brews between them and general players. They might login once or twice a week to raid and then are gone the rest of the week. Not helping the guild in anyway but still getting the same priority on gear that every day players get.

Should they get the same priority on gear since they assisted in the kills or would the gear be wasted on someone who only uses the gear to raid and rarely is on to help the guild out with other parts of the game.
    Do they benefit from something and not contributing? Like for example guild gives them flasks/pots that come from other people's farms and not give anything in return? (consumables bought with the gold from boe's and mats from raids doesn't count here since they contributed to that by raiding)

If Yes, then don't provide consumables until they contribute something, then you can penalize them for not coming to raids prepared (if warranted - penalizing someone for not having a flask in MC is a stretch)

Otherwise why do you care what they do outside of raiding in a version of the game that doesn't have any other form of fun/engaging content for people who actively raid.
    Last edited by kranur; 2020-02-27 at 11:58 AM.

If they're reliable and have their shit in order, lolno.

General hot topic is the large amount of raid loggers each guild has and the hidden animosity that brews between them and general players. They might login once or twice a week to raid and then are gone the rest of the week. Not helping the guild in anyway but still getting the same priority on gear that every day players get.

Should they get the same priority on gear since they assisted in the kills or would the gear be wasted on someone who only uses the gear to raid and rarely is on to help the guild out with other parts of the game.
    What do imagine by "helping guild" ?

The only thing they should get less of a prio on is pvp gear, since they dont pvp. Specifically 2hander's on alliance side. That should go towards the tankers since it doesnt directly benefit the raid. Give it to the wars who pvp so they can use it to get their shoulders.

That is one of the most stupid things I've ever heard. Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    What do imagine by "helping guild" ?
    Helping OP's alts with dungeons I assume.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    That is one of the most stupid things I've ever heard. Lol.
    Honestly the most outrageous thing about the whole affair is the initial claim of this being a "general hot topic" when it looks to be a simple case of "I'm logged into Classic 15 hours a day, why am I not getting ALL the loot?".

No.
    It is their choice when and how long they wanna play between raids.

There's nothing to do in the game outside of raiding. Do you expect me to stay logged in all week and hold peoples' hands or something??

What other help is there to give anymore? Farming mats is stupidly easy, and there are people who actually enjoy doing it. Outside that what is there for guilds to do that would require "Help". Stuff like Mythic+ and gearing for the raid is likely done by this "raid loggers" anyways if they are geared enough to be on a raid team as not many team I know of would let a "raid logger" just log on to raid if they weren't geared in some way for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is this mythic stuff? Is it classic related?

Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post
    No, absolutely not.

If it is a requirement to also log on and do mythic plus with the guild or to contribute mats weekly, then that needs to be made clear within the guilds rules.

and from what i remember about raiding, just being a reliable person that you know is actually going to make it to the raids every week is indeed very "helpful"
    Doing mythic plus in Classic is an impossible requirement

Nope, there's fuck all to do in classic outside of raids.

Given how shit this game is these days, it seems that the average guild has like 3-4 people online regularly outside raid says, and during raid days they all come on line.
    So pretty much everyone who isn't in a trash zerg guild (aka social guild), is a raid logger.

What should they be doing outside of raids? Unless anything is demanded of them, then no.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

I came to classic to raid log.

Being obligated to constantly log on to do M+, AP farm, legiondary farm, titanforge farm, world quest farm it's exhausting.

10+ Year Old Account

I think people like you are taking Classic just a wee bit too seriously. And like one of the first replies accurately stated, without the 'raid loggers' the gear wouldn't drop at all.

Maybe raiding is the only thing they enjoy about Classic? Maybe they have a busy life or kids or a demanding job? Try appreciating the fact people show up at all.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

What do you mean by helping the guild? Also isn't the main reason for a raiding guild to.. you know.. raid? And they're doing that.

I am a raid logger too.. sort of. I was not boosted and would never boost anyone anywhere under any circumstances. I never expect stuff from the guild bank and buy my own enchants and consumables and my guild uses DKP which you get by being present at a boss kill (and can lose if you fail mechanics). I don't really see what you mean by contributing less? We all contribute exactly the same to clear the raids.

don't you think that if a guild could recruit 40-50 exactly likeminded players, they would? and even if they managed that, should they kick members who have life changes and can't play the same? cause that happens all the time?

it's a tale as old as raiding.

But , thats what literally makes Classic appealing to the majority of the long-term retail players.

The ability to raid log compared to now.

Still play Retail actively, and always end up raid logging at moments, so does everyone else after the weekly M+ but i wont lie that i do miss the ACTUAL raid logging.

The "Go hard" the first 2-4 weeks of the expansion-->Raid log the fuck out of it afterwards-->Repeat if patch requires for 1-2 weeks-->Raid log for months and months.

Retail is -almost- the same in terms of time needed to back then, but the feeling is different, running the same dungeon(s)/dailies with daily lock out for 20-30 days to get what needed anywhere from 30m to 2h per day , versus 2h which becomes down to 30m of grinding for 20-30 days.

Time wise, not much different, gameplay wise..I get why people complain, but my end goal is to raid and be actively geared/farmed, so i suck it up and do my 30m of daily farming.

But requesting people not to raid log because you somehow find enjoyment during dead periods of the game farming irrelevant shit..

Eh..You are completely wrong in that matter.
    Last edited by potis; 2020-02-27 at 02:03 PM.