Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    What in the world does that "fact" people seem to love to say have anything to do with the "downsides" of the Token?

"Tokens dont generate gold for the economy"

me: "That sounds pretty smart but...who cares? They create the ability to SKIP content at free will and at the press of a button...just like LFR"

It completely destroys everything classic stands for.
    Which is "meaning behind items" and "work" and "character progression"
    Buying gold via tokens won't give people the option to skip content. What on earth are you on about? There are so few BoEs you can actually buy in Classic, that buying gold have as good as zero impact.
    Sure you can get your epic mount faster - doesn't affect anyone else. And lets be real, if you're not close to 1k gold by the time you hit 60, you're doing it wrong.
    Yes there are some BoEs that are rather strong (Annhiliator, Nightfall, LH, Hide, Corehound from the top of my head), but again - doesn't really affect anyone if you take a shortcut to obtain those either. Two of them are only good for raiding aswell.
    T1 bracers and belts from MC is soon to be replaced in BWL, and tbh there is dungeon gear that is stronger (yey 1.12 patch).

HOW does it DESTROY what Classic stands for? If anything, releasing it at patch 1.12 did a LOT more damage than adding tokens will. It's a reason MC was a complete utter joke that was cleared in questing greens and at lower levels than 60.

Token is in no way, shape or form, anything like LFR.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    China now. The rest of the world tomorrow.

This is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Munthas View Post
    I do get tired of people saying dumb shit like this.

There is no way to make that amount of raw gold per hour without some kind of major exploit.

You might be able to do that on some servers if you are prepared to re-post your items repeatedly and somehow can instantly access the auction house without loss of farming time. That is if you don't flood the market with it deflating its value or someone else does, or there just isn't a demand on your server. Oh wait, that isn't possible.

Just so tired of people coming out with this crap.
    Now this is why you don't earn gold, you want it instant. That's not how it works. ITEMS hold gold value, so saying "I earn 60-100g/hour farming X" is right, it just isn't 100g in COINS, it's 100g in items that WILL sell.
    Now you can for instance farm one instance for ages and stock up on a lot of the same items, and wait a long time to see your items turn into the gold it's worth. Or you could spice shit up by diversify your farming. For instance, as a rogue I usually do two farms: DM:E and RFD. DM:E gives me about 70-100g/hour + the occasional rare book, while RFD gives around 60-70g/hour.
    The gold is from DEs and herbs, and sell rather quick. Especially when I have TWO kinds of farms going, aka more for sale.

I'm so tired of of people complaining with "NO WAY YOU EARN THAT GOLD!", when in fact, you're just not bright enough to understand how a market works.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Finally! I'd much rather be able to buy my gold from fellow players on my server than some bot gold farming site.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Problem with this is the ah will just get more expensive cause more people will have gold.

you are 100% wrong and have no clue how token system works. token system doesnt materialize gold out of thin air.

assume X = 200 gold but put whatever you want here. person A buys token from blizz for $20. person A sells token to person B anonymously for X gold. Person A loses token and gains X gold. Person B loses X gold and gains $15 token and redeems it for gametime/balance.

No gold is lost/gained (but it may change servers), and blizz pockets an extra $5. whats so hard to understand about this?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Im already having a meltdown...this is the LFR situation all over again. Is the same exact discussion.

Whats the difference between implementing LFR in classic wow and a WoW Token? Nothing. There is no difference. Is the same exact thing.

Both things give you the ability to SKIP a major part of the game.

*forum posters insert the question* "What do you care how others play the game? Thats their business"

See? See? See? This is LFR all over again.
    The same exact thing.

(i need to calm down...this is probably just for China)
    whats preventing joe schmoe from contacting mr china man to sell them 300 gold for $10 right now? nothing, so this is ingame right now. token system would just create a safer system to facilitate exchange of gold and cause less fraud.

and if a guy wants to grind gold to pay for gametime, i dont see how this relates to lfr. i mean they would be doing MORE content then, not less. your argument loses

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    HOW does it DESTROY what Classic stands for? If anything, releasing it at patch 1.12 did a LOT more damage than adding tokens will. It's a reason MC was a complete utter joke that was cleared in questing greens and at lower levels than 60.
    Simple, Classic essentially stands for pain. Everything is painful, or at least, more painful than in retail. It's only fair that everyone has to go through the pain of getting ridiculed by 5 players of the opposing faction, all having epic mounts and running around you on your slow mount, before they kill you, and then having to farm hours upon hours to get your own.

Things like being able to buy gold, or buy a leveling boost like in retail, are why people have this instant gratification "I want it NOW!" mindset, and get toxic when something takes a little longer.

Quote Originally Posted by reauxmont View Post
    Simple, Classic essentially stands for pain. Everything is painful, or at least, more painful than in retail. It's only fair that everyone has to go through the pain of getting ridiculed by 5 players of the opposing faction, all having epic mounts and running around you on your slow mount, before they kill you, and then having to farm hours upon hours to get your own.

Things like being able to buy gold, or buy a leveling boost like in retail, are why people have this instant gratification "I want it NOW!" mindset, and get toxic when something takes a little longer.
    That's not why, it's because we literally get epics and legendaries trown at us. Buying gold and boosts, have been a thing since Vanilla, Blizzard simply made it legal by doing it them self.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    you are 100% wrong and have no clue how token system works. token system doesnt materialize gold out of thin air.

assume X = 200 gold but put whatever you want here. person A buys token from blizz for $20. person A sells token to person B anonymously for X gold. Person A loses token and gains X gold. Person B loses X gold and gains $15 token and redeems it for gametime/balance.

No gold is lost/gained (but it may change servers), and blizz pockets an extra $5. whats so hard to understand about this?
    He's right and wrong. People will have more gold, because it will be spread more out. The server won't have more gold though, but more people being able to afford stuff will most likely push up prices, simple demand and supply.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    China now. The rest of the world tomorrow.

This is dumb.
    Yeah, just like in D3. Where China has had an in-game cash shop for cosmetics and boosts for years, and of course the US immediately... uh... they implemented the... ehrm...

Wait. They never got that for the US, even though the interface and everything is totally in the US client.

Sorry, what was your point again?

10+ Year Old Account
    If it hurts or kills off the gold-selling types, I'm 100% for it.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

You want to see even more mages? Cause that's what's gonna happen. You either have a mage and can afford the over inflated prices, or your poor in game, or spend money irl.

gold that is sat in peoples pockets or banks does nothing for the economy anyway

3+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't care less about that. Never used a Token on retail, so...

Way to fuck over economy and "casual" players. Hopefully just in China.
    If for the rest as well... well big Fuck You to Blizzard.

1. Probably just in China.

2. The only real way to get rid of illigal gold sellers. (And thus botters and account hackers (if that is even a thing in Classic? For sure was a huge problem in Vanilla))

3. Doesn't really harm anyone. Farming gold in Classic isn't exactly difficult. Most classes can do 60-100g/h farms.

Adding game tokens to the game was the best move Blizzard ever did.
    Yeah it made game into p2w its great.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Yeah it made game into p2w its great.
    No it didn’t

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    If it hurts or kills off the gold-selling types, I'm 100% for it.
    Gold sellers sell for a fraction of a wow token.

That's how it has always worked on retail anyways.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

10+ Year Old Account
    Better than shifty goldspammers.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

2. The only real way to get rid of illigal gold sellers. (And thus botters and account hackers (if that is even a thing in Classic? For sure was a huge problem in Vanilla))

3. Doesn't really harm anyone. Farming gold in Classic isn't exactly difficult. Most classes can do 60-100g/h farms.

Adding game tokens to the game was the best move Blizzard ever did.

1, pure speculation.
    2, wholly untrue statement.
    3, adding game tokens to the game at a time when gold was easy to make so that the pay to win perception wasn't perceived as such, and then subsequently removing the ease with which gold was made but STILL keeping gold tokens was among the MOST BACKHANDED thing blizzard has ever done.

what exactly are you slurping through your sippy cup kid.

Quote Originally Posted by HolgerDK View Post
    Isnt that limited to the chinese version of the game ?
    When, in EVER, has Blizzard done a micro-transaction on the level/power of WoW tokens that's "Just in China"? Let alone a Microtransaction that's been established in all countries in all retail-WoW?

Shit, man, Diablo Immortal is arguably developed for profits in China - and they tried shoving that shit down westerner's throats at the Blizzcon before last! >_<

EDIT: Edited for clarification, so I don't get people talking about "cosmetic" crap.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2020-02-27 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    1) Players with lots of gold get to play and/or acquire stuff from the shop for free
    2) Players who want to buy gold for $$ can do so safely without the risk of account ban, getting hacked/scammed etc
    3) Goldseller activity, a scourge of the game, has been significantly curtailled
    4) The in game economy is stimulated because more gold moves into active circulation
    5) Blizzard are able to compensate for falling revenues by getting more cash from customers willing to pay for the value added, without implementing across the board price increases to the subscription, or implementing dodgy p2w schemes designed to force players into spending more $$.

How about you explain the negatives?

1. er what?
    2 buying gold and using outside sources as an influence for in-game rewards should not be facilitated to begin with.
    3 it has not been curtailed, it has been legalized.
    4 its adorable that you think that warcraft economy functions the same way that a real economy does. resources, goals, motivations and how you obtain all of those things are structured entirely different and have wholly different relationships than in a real economy.
    5 blizzard is ruining another game to make more money.

thanks for the list kid.