Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I mean, official name is Richard, right?
    Yep.
    Just how Richard Nixon was nicknamed tricky dick.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Uh....wut? 1600 confirmed in Korea? That's insaaaane!
    Closer to 1800 now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    politely asked them to quarantine themselves.
    Oh well, that'll surely work. Might also politely ask them to get well once they'll get ill

10+ Year Old Account

W.H.O. is a totaly joke now. Who they are?

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Uh....wut? 1600 confirmed in Korea? That's insaaaane!
    Realize that the numbers reported around the world are likely lower than reality. China is trying to suppress the information. In the US, the CDC test doesn't really work, so testing isn't happening at scale, and there's likely hundreds of cases in the US.

While the mortality rate appears to be about 1/3 of that for SARS, the number of known cases is well over 10x higher already (likely 20x higher). The US, with its stubborn crusade against universal healthcare and lack of living wages for significant percentages of the population, could get hit really hard. You might behave well yourself, but that minimum wage worker at the restaurant or grocery store that can't afford to take a day off (much less a week or two) will be there spreading the infection...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Ordered air breather masks with a hundred spare filters, just in case.
    Not gonna do you a whole lot of good unless you've been properly fit tested, but w/e makes you feel better.

The sad reality..Trump could cause the mass infection of thousands in the US and still get elected in 2020. He's being misinformed by someone and then misinforming the American people. I heard that Republicans with cases in their home states are angry at Trump over this and trying to calm their own voters down. It's a fd up situation..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Countries those didn't close borders with china are clearly willing to equally share the responsibility
    Agreed. I'd even say if a country is not willing to go to the level that China is in quarantine, they have even more of the blame for allowing the spread. I currently don't see South Korea, Japan, Italy, and especially Iran doing anything close to proper quarantine, emergency procedures, and temperature checkpoints that China has done throughout the country.

Agree or disagree with how China does it, but it's ridiculous to see countries where it is now spreading faster not doing much to actually stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Agreed. I'd even say if a country is not willing to go to the level that China is in quarantine, they have even more of the blame for allowing the spread. I currently don't see South Korea, Japan, Italy, and especially Iran doing anything close to proper quarantine, emergency procedures, and temperature checkpoints that China has done throughout the country.

Agree or disagree with how China does it, but it's ridiculous to see countries where it is now spreading faster not doing much to actually stop it.
    Beijing has temp checkers everywhere, from buses to supermarkets to shopping malls, as well as the airport and metro stations. Even the small grocery store across the street from me started checking fever for people coming in, a few days ago. You don't see pics on other countries using those hand portable temp checkers. The one that my community was using got changed for a different model, most likely a newer upgraded version.

I agree. If countries outside of China are not willing to use those temp checking machines, they are just at fault as allowing it to spread through their country's people..

10+ Year Old Account
    Beijing has temp checkers everywhere, from buses to supermarkets to shopping malls, as well as the airport and metro stations. Even the small grocery store across the street from me started checking fever for people coming in, a few days ago. You don't see pics on other countries using those hand portable temp checkers. The one that my community was using got changed for a different model, most likely a newer upgraded version.

I agree. If countries outside of China are not willing to use those temp checking machines, they are just at fault as allowing it to spread through their country's people..
    I just want to see the absolute rage it will bring to people when they actually do end up quarantined while bitching about how China didn't do enough.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/japan-wom...062631746.html This is disturbing. A woman in Japan recovered, released and then got the virus AGAIN and complained of chest pains etc.

Maybe mutated or wasn't completely recovered and it came back?

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/japan-wom...062631746.html This is disturbing. A woman in Japan recovered, released and then got the virus AGAIN and complained of chest pains etc.

Or maybe she came back to the house that wasn't disinfected? The how japan is handling coronavirus so far is a total disgrace and the diamond princess quarantine was a ridiculous joke

https://www.yahoo.com/news/city-hube...103703863.html
    A small province in Hubei is giving anyone that reports symptoms AND has the virus, can get 1,400$ as an incentive for finding new cases.
    Dam!

If it mutated that would be all over the news. It's more likely that the infection lingered, or she reinfected herself by contact with another host.

Or maybe she came back to the house that wasn't disinfected? The how japan is handling coronavirus so far is a total disgrace and the diamond princess quarantine was a ridiculous joke
    There is no conclusive study for this strain of virus, but SERS and MERS viruses can survive for around 9 days without a host. If quarantine procedures were followed and no other living organism is in her house, she should not be able to contract the virus from her home.

So most likely she contracted it again due to not disinfecting her place. That's possible.

I'm not a health professional but I was under the impression that if you get sick with something (like the flu), and then you recover, the chances of getting sick with it again within a certain time frame diminish substantially ?
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Donald Trump is one of the most dangerous Presidents of our time.

The fact that he put Pence the religious zealot and science Denier in charge shows how dumb Trump is and how he only cares about his Re-election.

DO NOT TRUST THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION IN ANYTHING THEY SAY ABOUT THE VIRUS, PENCE IS GOING TO CONTROL ALL MESSAGING FROM HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS. REPUBLICANS ARE KNOWN TO WAGE WAR ON SCIENCE FOR POLITICAL/RELIGIOUS REASONS.

https://www.businessinsider.com/mike...nt-kill-2017-1

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/27/u...rus-pence.html

https://www.theverge.com/2020/2/26/2...s-response-hiv

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/27/u...tleblower.html
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-02-27 at 09:56 PM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Fresh from the press: Untranslated as of yet:

https://www.ad.nl/dossier-coronaviru...burg~a78c7a0d/ and thats 1 for the Netherlands, probaly, seeing it was carnival few days ago, far more. 405 per 1 square km = Gonna spread far more then Italy, mark my words.

The dutch are Fucked. Alot of people coming back from ski trips and we just had 1 of the biggest multiday clusterfuck parties.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    If it mutated that would be all over the news. It's more likely that the infection lingered, or she reinfected herself by contact with another host.
    So most likely she contracted it again due to not disinfecting her place. That's possible.
    Think you guys are missing the point. This is a virus, not a bacteria. Our bodies should be making anti-bodies and creating an immunity to the virus. If she indeed fully recovered and reinfected that means not enough anti-bodies were created to fight off a new one, immunity wasn't made, new strain, or the potentially concerning a dormant virus (think Tuberculosis or Chicken Pox/Shingles).