Thoughts and prayers for those who do not have health insurance but thankfully i am in a modern nation with fantastic public health services.

The shit will fly if people start dying by the dozens.

Quote Originally Posted by jeezusisacasual View Post
    Thoughts and prayers for those who do not have health insurance but thankfully i am in a modern nation with fantastic public health services.
    One guy thought he might have it, went to the doctor, turns out it was just the flu, and got saddled with a huge bill.

Because, you know, nothing encourages people to report they might have a disease like giving them a huge bill for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Because, you know, nothing encourages people to report they might have a disease like giving them a huge bill for it.
    There should be a law, you know, that says "there's a maximum out of pocket your insurance is allowed to charge you". Man, ACAn't think of a name for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    There should be a law, you know, that says "there's a maximum out of pocket your insurance is allowed to charge you". Man, ACAn't think of a name for that.
    That maximum remains several thousand dollars too large.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    That maximum remains several thousand dollars too large.
    Perhaps. It's still better than having no cap at all.

Oh, and better than being talked out of having insurance by the man who claims this is under control.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jeezusisacasual View Post
    Especially since those most at risk are the elderly and ill. Plus, you know, the people who don't have insurance because they don't need it.
    So their own base.

Probably why they want them in Commiefornia, on the Left Coast (heavy sarcasm), so their own people don't get sick and....die. Especially in an election year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

I have to imagine hundreds of people, at the very least, will just skip going to the doctor/ER because they can't afford it. We're gonna end up having thousands more infected simply because of our healthcare system.

I'm just so glad that Trump saved the government a small amount of money by getting rid of the Pandemic Response Team.
    Just so he could add billions to his wall funding that is still not really being built, and when it is built, it falls over thanks to a slight gust of wind. Not even hurricane force winds.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The next target is 26,616 as @Fugus said.

However, just past that is a 10% total drop known as "correction".

I don't think we'll see that. That's a bad line to cross, and one that could be prevented by just holding things steady until some positive earnings come in.
    https://www.cnbc.com/pre-markets/

Pre markets are down 400 because of first case they can't identify origin in CA

- - - Updated - - -

Mike pence in charge??? Oh boy thank God I work nights....

Much easier to avoid the incoming death roll...

Guess we can pray our way out of this.

How long before preachers blame the flu on gays getting married...oh...wait...too late
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    https://www.cnbc.com/pre-markets/

Pre markets are down 400 because of first case they can't identify origin in CA

- - - Updated - - -

Mike pence in charge??? Oh boy thank God I work nights....

Much easier to avoid the incoming death roll...

Guess we can pray our way out of this.

How long before preachers blame the flu on gays getting married...oh...wait...too late

This is going to be a fucking disaster for the average person since healthcare is not something everyone deserves i guess.

Since Pence is in charge of this horrific ailment he would use the compassion of his faith in making sure those whom need to get treated would get treated oh wait we have that response right here.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...ordable-2020-2

Just think full employment they say over and over but what is the point if we end up with situations like this ( i know its in California but that is not an excusable reason in my mind it could be in Alabama and i would want better for my fellow American ). Wages have not kept pace with inflation in housing costs which is a huge problem that no one is attempting to fix.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/rv-livi...is-11582722004

I try to only post about layoffs when i find that they are important metrics outside of the normal sorrow i feel for the recently unemployed. I keep going on about real impacts in the overall economy and vacation expenditures is a top one.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/24/expe...ting-year.html
    Last edited by jeezusisacasual; 2020-02-27 at 07:41 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Just so he could add billions to his wall funding that is still not really being built, and when it is built, it falls over thanks to a slight gust of wind. Not even hurricane force winds.
    I find it funny Trump and his idiot base forget one thing..a wall isn't gonna stop planes

Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    I find it funny Trump and his idiot base forget one thing..a wall isn't gonna stop planes
    We have tried to tell that to the Trump supporters on this forum, and that over half of the illegals here came by plane, but they don't listen to us. They just want to keep the brown people from coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just so glad that Trump saved the government a small amount of money by getting rid of the Pandemic Response Team.
    needs to have more money to funnel into his pocket on his golf trips

https://twitter.com/mmcauliff/status...89512490799104

US healthcare system will take care of y'all /s

10+ Year Old Account
    For all Trump's blaming the markets on the democrat primaries, his "speech" yesterday didnt seem to help. futures are down across the board

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    https://twitter.com/mmcauliff/status...89512490799104

US healthcare system will take care of y'all /s
    Gotta admire their honesty...basically outright stating that corporate profits are more important than lives.

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    For all Trump's blaming the markets on the democrat primaries, his "speech" yesterday didnt seem to help. futures are down across the board
    Bloody lost half of my return in a week, between trump fucking things up with trade wars and this virus I kind of think that my return would have been at least double of what it is now.

People like Trump don't understand that the world is connected even more now then 10 years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    futures are down across the board
    My expertise in the stock market is not that hot, but, it felt to me yesterday we hit the floor -- splatting instead of bouncing -- which should halt the downwards momentum. I don't see why futures are that far down. I mean, it's not like we got some really bad news, I mean, something truly horr-

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Mike pence in charge???
    Sh*t.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Bloody lost half of my return in a week, between trump fucking things up with trade wars and this virus I kind of think that my return would have been at least double of what it is now.

People like Trump don't understand that the world is connected even more now then 10 years ago.
    I think they do understand it, and hate they dont and cant control it by simple virtue of being wealthy and connected in the US

they part they dont understand(or refuse to more likely) is it will NEVER go back