Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm drinking some bat soup right now

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    HOW does it DESTROY what Classic stands for? .
    May I point to you the dozzens of "No Classic+ Please!" threads that could explain it?

People don't even want a damn pet tab in Classic, and you're asking how legally purchasing and selling gold in exchange for special loot/time tokens DOESN'T change the Classic experience!?! o_O

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    When, in EVER, has Blizzard done something micro-transactiony that's "Just in China"? Let alone a Microtransaction that's been established in all countries in all retail-WoW?

Shit, man, Diablo Immortal is arguably developed for profits in China - and they tried shoving that shit down westerner's throats at the Blizzcon before last! >_<
    There’s a micro transaction shop in D3 that is just in the Chinese version of the game. That never made it to the Western version of D3

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    There’s a micro transaction shop in D3 that is just in the Chinese version of the game. That never made it to the Western version of D3
    Does it sell something on the level/power of the WoW tokens?

EDIT: after looking it up - one thing you failed to mention is that DIABLO 3 IS FREE-TO-PLAY IN CHINA!

The big question is if WoW-Classic in China is FTP or not.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2020-02-27 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Is there a definition that p2w is inherently bad and if so....who "won" because of tokens?
    I believe it's people with BIS gear - which can be obtained by joining guilds via a "Sizeable Charitable contribution". ;P

Have you never seen endgame heroic/mythic gear raid spots being sold by guilds who have them on farm mode in Retail before?

The fall of classic has come, time to peace out xD

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Im already having a meltdown...this is the LFR situation all over again. Is the same exact discussion.

Whats the difference between implementing LFR in classic wow and a WoW Token? Nothing. There is no difference. Is the same exact thing.

Both things give you the ability to SKIP a major part of the game.

*forum posters insert the question* "What do you care how others play the game? Thats their business"

See? See? See? This is LFR all over again.
    The same exact thing.

(i need to calm down...this is probably just for China)
    Jezus, you should play a game where trading is not accessible because wherever u can trade u can get gold, boe. And all those shit. This wont let u skip fuck all. Your just be delusional

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

EDIT: after looking it up - one thing you failed to mention is that DIABLO 3 IS FREE-TO-PLAY IN CHINA!

Why would I mention something that is irrelevant? Also I didn’t mention it because I didn’t know. You asked a specific question I gave you a specific answer

Why would I mention something that is irrelevant? Also I didn’t mention it because I didn’t know. You asked a specific question I gave you a specific answer
    D3 being Free-to-play is NOT irrelevant. That's why they have the Microtransaction shop - to PAY for the game. That's how F2P games work, and you know that.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a rule, Chinese audiences are much more receptive for additional paid ingame stuff in pretty much anything. Be it BS gatcha mechanics, season passes, straight-up purchases, xp boosters, whatever.

Of course Blizz knows this and will cater to it rather than leaving money on the table. That's fine.

But if they bring this to western Classic WoW I hope their entire empire crumbles.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    D3 being Free-to-play is NOT irrelevant. That's why they have the Microtransaction shop - to PAY for the game. That's how F2P games work, and you know that.
    So they added micro transactions to support the F2P game. You got me there, all powerful one who knows exactly what I know. Of course though going back to your original statement: when have they ever done something micro transaction like just in China, I answered your question!

10+ Year Old Account
    This is China only since there's nothing like Blizzard Game Points in either NA or Europe. If you haven't learned how different the situation is in China versus everywhere else there's nothing to be done. I don't think that Blizzard HQ has even that much to say about how the game is run in China.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

So they added micro transactions to support the F2P game. You got me there, all powerful one who knows exactly what I know. Of course though going back to your original statement: when have they ever done something micro transaction like just in China, I answered your question!
    And I countered it with the stipulation of something you failed to mention that changes the context of WHY it's there. That's how forum discussions/conversations work. Again, you should know this.

At least I furthered the conversation to ask the question "Is WoW Classic in China FTP like D3?" - but instead of looking that up, you went on a selfish pride-bender to defend your half-researched answer. >_<

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    This is China only since there's nothing like Blizzard Game Points in either NA or Europe. If you haven't learned how different the situation is in China versus everywhere else there's nothing to be done. I don't think that Blizzard HQ has even that much to say about how the game is run in China.
    That's the key question here - is WoWClassic a FTP game like D3 is in China or not? If it's not, than it may very well likely happen globally since that token exists globally. If it is FTP - than it's pretty safe to assume it's China-only.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the key question here - is WoWClassic a FTP game like D3 is in China or not? If it's not, than it may very well likely happen globally since that token exists globally. If it is FTP - than it's pretty safe to assume it's China-only.
    I seem to remember that it has the same model in China that the retail game has (in China).
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Cancelled my account.

I thought that Classic was a sign that Blizzard was starting to value gameplay over metric driven greed. Clearly I was wrong. Blizzard continues its slow circle around the toilet.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    Cancelled my account.

I thought that Classic was a sign that Blizzard was starting to value gameplay over metric driven greed. Clearly I was wrong. Blizzard continues its slow circle around the toilet.
    Do you live in China?

Could not care less what the chinese get and i doubt we will get it also.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account

If FTP there is no sense token to exist... retail and classic are on the same sub so this is just new monetization model just for blizz not the players (take some coin in pocket from gold farmers). This will shake down economy on classic servers as hell :P
    Last edited by czarek; 2020-02-27 at 05:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    Cancelled my account.

Well that was a dumbass move considering this applies only to China.

- - - Updated - - -

If WoW was F2P in China why the fuck would they be selling game time tokens?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    gold sellers gets shafted
    people who hates grinding can get gold through legitimate channels
    people who don’t mind grinding can get free gametime

Win - win - win situation.
    You are delusional.

It's a huge loss situation. Getting free gear and gold with real money is borderline P2W.