Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    In what way?

My view is that if a person fiends for the 1700s New world as a great place to return to... they're myopic and and simple minded as they're obviously not thinking critically about the time frame.
    Anyone who thinks they would be better off in a different era should try to live today as people lived in that era. Meaning, cut themselves off from any and all things that didn't exist at that time. Live like that for a few years, then revisit the idea.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    People keep saying that? Who? I haven't seen or heard one person say the 40s and 50s were a better time except for maybe the stubborn old people who were growing up back in those times.

I find it funny how some people right away turn it into a race thing. Not that medicine back then sucked ass and the life expectancy for humans was way lower than it is today or anything no it was those darn white people. Yes, it's because us evil white people ruled the world back then. MUH WHITE PRIVILEGES!
    ^This is what I am talking about when I am talking about myopia

You find it funny how people turn it into a race thing?

In America in the 40s-50s people of colour did not have equal rights and were discriminated legally against or are you entirely ignorant of the Jim Crow era? It was kind of a huge fucking thing so bringing up "oh I wouldn't want to go to an era where I am discriminated against due to my race" isn't somehow unwarranted.

I mean okay life expectancy for humans was lower and medicine wasn't as good. Mmhm, but also if you happened to be the wrong colour you could be lynched. Why do you want to erase racial history of America are you so ashamed that you just pretend it wasn't a thing????

Do you truly believe that the problem for a black person going back to 1940s Mississippi will only be the bad medicine? Is that what you fucking truly think?

The only people who could live any sort of normal live in the 40s-50s America were white people that's just a fucking fact. There is literally no debate about it BECAUSE THERE WAS CODIFIED LAWS OF DISCRIMINATION

Why do you want to erase history and pretend everything was okay?

The only time frame I would consider going back to is around the rising of Islam, after the Shahs interpreted the Koran to say that a man who lies with another man shouldn't face any ill treatment. Which then led to quite a few Caliphs having all male harams. At least there would be some gay brown people around.
    Last edited by Themius; 2020-02-27 at 06:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    MUH WHITE PRIVILEGES!
    Uhhhhhh yeah, wow.

Do you know anything about history? At all? For a black person, race is a very valid thing to bring up because it would actually, in many cases, be worse for them than the issue of health and medicine.

People keep saying that? Who? I haven't seen or heard one person say the 40s and 50s were a better time except for maybe the stubborn old people who were growing up back in those times.

I find it funny how some people right away turn it into a race thing. Not that medicine back then sucked ass and the life expectancy for humans was way lower than it is today or anything no it was those darn white people. Yes, it's because us evil white people ruled the world back then. MUH WHITE PRIVILEGES!
    Maybe because racism was codified into law and there were groups like the KKK killing and maiming people of color by the hundreds of thousands. For the love of god pick up a history book or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    hundreds of thousands? these numbers don't seem particularly high when you consider it is over 80 years...
    You know they did more than just lynch people right?

"poor" people today have it easier then "rich" people back then. Well depending on what you value, but for example all kind of entertainment and tech

10+ Year Old Account
    hundreds of thousands? these numbers don't seem particularly high when you consider it is over 80 years...
    So what’s your over-under on the “acceptable” number of racially-motivated hate crimes?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

ok... show the proof of hundreds of thousands being targeted...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ku_Klux_Klan

Over 1,000 Hate Groups Are Now Active in United States, Civil Rights Group Says

At their prime there were far more than there are now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno what they’re complaining about, we still have milkshakes and racism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

i dont see any proof of hundreds of thousands victims... you just seem to be another person who likes to give in to alarmism...
    I can't make the blind see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good on them, they couldn't discriminate against as many minorities as they otherwise could have. /s

Do you have an actual point besides trying to excuse atrocities?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

i'm not the blind one here, you are saying there are hundreds of thousands victims... show the numbers... the links you provided doesn't show this...
    The links showed that they did more than lynching and there were thousands of such groups maybe do math but apparently you think it was safe to be a person of color back then

5+ Year Old Account
    This thread is closed. Do not discuss forbidden topics.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."