Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well okay, their reasoning for releasing wow token in the first place was that it reduces the amount of people being scammed. If that really would be the reason it would make sense for it to come for classic too. On the other hand it has made gold selling boom even harder cause now gold is never worthless, and it seems they are fine with it as long as they get a cut.

Personally i don't think it should exist in either iteration of the game. Something in me just doesn't allow me to spend hundreds of euros on a dinosaur mount and that mentality didnt exist before i could actually buy shit with gold that was worth anything in real life.
    Last edited by Cthulhu fhtagn; 2020-02-27 at 06:01 PM.

It's in China.

They have many things different from us. Man you people are eager to believe that the sky is falling.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-02-27 at 06:21 PM.

i hope this somehow causes a new spike in token prices if it comes to the US... I could use a little extra gold and prices have been low for awhile now.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Really missleading title, since it's only in China and they are well know to do whatever they want with their version of WoW, like adding two raid lockout each week for a while. But MMO-C is running on clickbait and false title, so it should be kept that way.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    If WoW was F2P in China why the fuck would they be selling game time tokens?
    That's how F2P makes money via microtransactions? Free to play, but you have the option of buying extra stuff in exchange for not needing to pay an upfront fee for the game.

I mean, that's common knowledge/business practice for decades now - particularly in the cellphone gaming market... one that's' been hotly debated. How did you miss all that? You super young or something?

SO I dont buy gold just dont do it because im a cheap fuck.

That being said I know alot fo guildies that are buying gold in classic by the boatload and its from comprimised accounts and botters im sure of it.

So i would tottally support the token coming to classic. we've already had #SomeChanges and this is one that would improve the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    Gold sellers sell for a fraction of a wow token.

That's how it has always worked on retail anyways.
    I don't give a shit about that. Barring the endless risk to your account and financial information, many of the people farming that gold are practically slaves. Forced to do it for 12+ hours at a time, often from stolen/compromised accounts, and even using people in chinese prisons.

And don't get me started on pieces of shit like Steve Bannon literally being a CEO of gold-farming operations.

So yeah, putting all of that ^ out of business is A-okay with me.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-02-27 at 07:44 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    That's how F2P makes money via microtransactions? Free to play, but you have the option of buying extra stuff in exchange for not needing to pay an upfront fee for the game.

I mean, that's common knowledge/business practice for decades now - particularly in the cellphone gaming market... one that's' been hotly debated. How did you miss all that? You super young or something?
    Really? An ad hominem when you missed the point so spectacularly?

WoW tokens are for game time. If the game is F2P then it doesn't require a sub, which means it doesn't need to sell game time.

F2P games make money on microtransactions for cosmetic shit and in-game boosts, they don't make money on tokens for game time because by nature of them being F2P they're, you know, Free To Play.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2020-02-27 at 07:48 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

This is great move, Blizzard.

-You start with the region where nobody suspect anything.
    -You collect the data.

And if your cash grab plan was successful there? You run your sham in western regions. Sounds legit.

@Raelbo and basically everyone who told me a WoW Token DONT give you the ability to skip content...

I just like to ask if you are all "insane"...are you? Insane?

Ofcourse it gives you the ability to skip content. Just like LFR does in the current game.
    Epic mount.
    Devilsair set
    BiS epics on the auction house
    Consumables for raids

Everything...basically the entire economy CAN be skipped.

Who in their right mind is able to tell me a WoW Token doesnt give you the ability to SKIP....what?

great news. can't wait to buy tons of blizz gold for my epic mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    @Raelbo and basically everyone who told me a WoW Token DONT give you the ability to skip content...

I just like to ask if you are all "insane"...are you? Insane?

Ofcourse it gives you the ability to skip content. Just like LFR does in the current game.
    Epic mount.
    Devilsair set
    BiS epics on the auction house
    Consumables for raids

Everything...basically the entire economy CAN be skipped.

Who in their right mind is able to tell me a WoW Token doesnt give you the ability to SKIP....what?
    People already buy loads of gold from other sources, just FYI. And it's debatable that farming gold for any gold sink can really be classified as "content".

cool can we get faction and race changes too?

Are people missing the fact that buying gold with real money is actual extremely detrimental to the game? Paying with real money to get edgemasters handguards? instead of farming dungeons and gold to buy them yourself. or even making groups hoping they drop from trash. Sure it would be nice to grind gold and spend it for a free wow month, but the downsides to it are just as bad if not worse.

- - - Updated - - -

People already buy loads of gold from other sources, just FYI. And it's debatable that farming gold for any gold sink can really be classified as "content".
    Buying gold in WoW is such a degenerate thing to do in the first place. And now it'll be normalized by making it legal. And farming gold is definitely content. If I want gold I play with my friend to do strat lives or jump runs. How can farming gold not be "content"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballfan View Post
    Are people missing the fact that buying gold with real money is actual extremely detrimental to the game? Paying with real money to get edgemasters handguards? instead of farming dungeons and gold to buy them yourself. or even making groups hoping they drop from trash. Sure it would be nice to grind gold and spend it for a free wow month, but the downsides to it are just as bad if not worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Buying gold in WoW is such a degenerate thing to do in the first place. And now it'll be normalized by making it legal. And farming gold is definitely content. If I want gold I play with my friend to do strat lives or jump runs. How can farming gold not be "content"
    Because if farming gold is content then WoW never runs out of new content because you can always just go farm more gold for no reason, and that's simply not what people generally consider to be content.

You could reduce the whole game to pre-AQ Silithus and still say "there's content!" because you can kill the elites there for gold.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I must admit I have in fact not seen that. Maybe because I quit raiding, maybe because I am on a backass RPG PvE server cluster.
    I recommend spending an hour in /2 on a more populated PvE / PvP realm on Monday / Tuesday evening, boost advertisers are going full force there.

Because if farming gold is content then WoW never runs out of new content because you can always just go farm more gold for no reason, and that's simply not what people generally consider to be content.

You could reduce the whole game to pre-AQ Silithus and still say "there's content!" because you can kill the elites there for gold.
    It is a major part of the game. if not the most major. it keeps dungeon groups going. it keeps professions running. It connects people.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good. It hurts the third party illicit gold sellers. I hope this comes to other regions.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    gold sellers gets shafted
    people who hates grinding can get gold through legitimate channels
    people who don’t mind grinding can get free gametime

Win - win - win situation.
    yeah, while i agree with #nochanges....
    the token is very good...
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

And it's debatable that farming gold for any gold sink can really be classified as "content".
    If its not content then what the hell have i been doing this entire 10 days?

Ive been farming HOURS for the devilsaur set
    I even paid tanks to tank with this money i hardly earned.

Yes, i dont have the best farm in the game.
    My farm is honest work of 40 gold per hour.

Not exactly the best...but what is this if not content?

If you can tell me with a straight face "farming is not content" then i assume in Battle for Azeroth there is next to ZERO content.