Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No but would it really that bad if there was small sects of humans living in harmony with the Pandaren? No not really.
    Not in the least. But exposure to Pandaren turning humans into Asians? Ehhh.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I don't believe you.

/10chars
    I AM MY SCARS!
    -Illidan, Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Not in the least. But exposure to Pandaren turning humans into Asians? Ehhh.
    No but you could explain some clans of Vrykul sailed to Pandaria and well they evolved to the today humans and their cultures were similar to Pandaren.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Well after reflection I don't think beta is gonna come this week. My bet was on feb 25th but apparently nothing happened. And since I'm usually wrong with my guess, I would say March 10th.

Better be next week then.
    I AM MY SCARS!
    -Illidan, Legion.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No but you could explain some clans of Vrykul sailed to Pandaria and well they evolved to the today humans and their cultures were similar to Pandaren.
    It has to be the curse of flesh. It would take far longer than ~10 thousand years to evolve features of other ethnicities. Maybe the curse of flesh speeds up the adaptability of humans.

You guys are seriously overthinking stuff.

Just have it be a mutation of the curse of flesh or something :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Alpha won't start til influancers have attended some sort of briefing, probably next week. So be on the look out for that if you care.
    I miss the days where devs just did their thing without dick riding streamers first like they are someone important and spoon feeding them info before releasing.
    Well I should replace the word devs with Blizzard in my sentence cause FFXIV and others do their own thing without getting streamers hard first.

I guess it's all part of the media circus and get your content shown to a lot of people but it's also really tiresome to always read '' omg streamer x just farted or rubbed his big bald head, alpha soon '' and the way they change what they mean or say every single day to get the alpha clickbait views.

I liked beta cycles in this game way better back in Wrath and before the days of streamers, no one knew anything more then the person next to him and only Blizzard knew all the cards in play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the bear View Post
    It has to be the curse of flesh. It would take far longer than ~10 thousand years to evolve features of other ethnicities. Maybe the curse of flesh speeds up the adaptability of humans.
    No, I don't think Blizzard really considers the curse of Flesh when doing these customized humans. Its probably for more options no big lore reason. I think the Curse of flesh is dumb as a concept anyways.

I miss the days where devs just did their thing without dick riding streamers first like they are someone important and spoon feeding them info before releasing.
    Well I should replace the word devs with Blizzard in my sentence cause FFXIV and others do their own thing without getting streamers hard first.

I guess it's all part of the media circus and get your content shown to a lot of people but it's also really tiresome to always read '' omg streamer x just farted or rubbed his big bald head, alpha soon ''
    I liked beta cycles in this game way better back in Wrath and before the days of streamers.
    Its the time of streamers, its all part of the industry, so...get used to it. DOwnside I see is basically relying on streamers and not do anything else for exposure to your game.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Perculia and Towelliee hyping us ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zeir View Post
    Perculia and Towelliee hyping us ...
    What did Towelliee say again?

usually the alpha forums appear first.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Considering that it's very likely some of these customization options only got approved because devs said "We can use them later!", I think that we'll definitely see a new landmass in the future on Azeroth (either Dragon Isles or something else).

The asians will be tricky, because the stupid (and hilariously racist) thing I've seen around is "oh they settled on pandaria!!" which isn't true. And would growing up with Pandaren around REALLY make you asian?
    I don't think Pandaria would be good, because... well, there were no humans there when Pandaria got separated from the rest of the world. There weren't even humans at all, they were still vrykul
    But the 'evolution' thing in WoW isn't really comparable to real world evolution anyway, because it all goes much too fast and it seems to work exactly the other way as actual evolution, as in people get actually changed by their environment in WoW, over the course of just a few years or centuries and not the ones who have the necessary features built in get to multiply a lot, the rest of them ... well, don't..^^ and the whole populace changes over the course of many generations.

So if they want they can explain it and if it means new things to discover and explore, I'm all for it, but they don't really have to, because I don't think it's such a big thing that they now add the face-customization to people that were already there anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    usually the alpha forums appear first.
    If the influencers aren't fucking with us, I would expect a build that just allows models to be datamined. No forums needed.

So as i have said many times now

Its not this month...

I'm not sure how me questioning if we're getting black Elves and Gnomes instead kicked off a discussion about Human ethnicities.

I don't get the mystery about them. We're getting them. And the racial variants in WoW do not seem area or culture-specific like on Earth, but seem to fall under standard genetic diversity within the population on Azeroth. Seems fine with me. Like how Pandaren may have red or black fur.

I'm a lot more curious to know if it'll just be Humans getting more racial diversity, or if other Human-skinned races may get similar options.

In the Warcraft movie there were Asian High Elves, so I don't see why Blood Elves can't also get Asian ethnicity.

I believe I heard that the traveler series made it canon that dark skinned /African like humans were native to Stranglethorn but were absorbed into the Kingdom of Stormwind at some point, but IDK if that is true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone I don't like
    Something I perceive as stupid or overly emotional.
    A quote that justifies my ideology, or attributes my opposition's position to ignorance or selfishness. - Some Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Gurmech View Post
    I believe I heard that the traveler series made it canon that dark skinned /African like humans were native to Stranglethorn but were absorbed into the Kingdom of Stormwind at some point, but IDK if that is true.
    Makes sense. There's Kurzan Chiefs and their tribes in STV, and a lot of them are black.
    Now where exactly Asian WoW humans came from geographically speaking, I have no idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm at work. Perculia hyping something?

Quote Originally Posted by Gurmech View Post
    Fair enough. If there's any place I can see them hailing from, it's Stranglethorn.

With Middle Eastern/Arab cultures hailing from Tanaris, Uldum, etc.