Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenlo View Post
    Holy carp the victim complex is strong with you. Must be hard to live life when everyone is so mean to you I'm sorry.
    Also silent majority my ass trump didn't win popular vote and he most likely won't this time even if he does win
    FYI, you are replying to Sygmar. Trump's number one fan on this forum, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    FYI, you are replying to Sygmar. Trump's number one fan on this forum, I think.
    Ahaha good he will entertain me for a bit then. Maybe he can get this silent majority to speak up a bit and prove me wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlo View Post
    Ahaha good he will entertain me for a bit then. Maybe he can get this silent majority to speak up a bit and prove me wrong
    No, thanks. Every time I get into a debate, I get banned for 3 weeks because making a different sound in this echo chamber is a no-no. Now I just do passive-aggressive milquetoast posts in the political forums.
    Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2020-02-27 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttwitch View Post
    No, thanks. Every time I get into a debate, I get banned for 3 weeks because making a different sound in this echo chamber is a no-no. Now I just do passive-aggressive milquetoast posts in the political forums.
    Oh I see you have no real opinion you just wanna whine I got ya. My 2 year old cousins like that

That is because you lose and you start calling people names.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    That is because you lose and you start calling people names.
    I only ever called people "Leftists", which I had no idea it's an insult. Also funny how people call other people "Trumpsters" and the mods never do anything about it.

Like I said, this site is Twitter-level in bias and no real debate can take place here.

I shouldn't even continue here, I can already feel some mod's ban finger getting itchy.
    Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2020-02-27 at 12:45 PM.

I only ever called people "Leftists", which I had no idea it's an insult. Also funny how people call other people "Trumpsters" and the mods never do anything about it.

Like I said, this site is Twitter-level in bias and no real debate can take place here.

I shouldn't even continue here, I can already feel some mod's ban finger getting itchy.
    LOL, the only biased moderator we have ever had, is gone now. And I have been banned since he has been gone by the current moderation staff, so, your "bias" argument is bullshit.

I get banned plenty for calling partisan sycophants like yourself what you are. Honestly your victim complex is so boring but entirely typical of our right wing posters around here even when they had a mod literally banning anyone who said anything slightly mean about Trump, not even a poster here. Difference is I'm not a baby and can take responsibility for my own actions. Something conservatives seem to struggle with.

But keep living on in that fantasy world!
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

What democrats should do is have the police ready to detain them...

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    And this is why you're part of the problem with this country as a whole, and Oregon not able to do work, specifically. You know what happens in the real world when people walk out? They get fired. Wouldn't it be neato if the GOP were held accountable to the same standards a grocery clerk?

And it's pretty clear you don't understand Ballot measures at all. But that's another discussion.
    So should all the democrats that dont show up for the SOTU be at least suspended then? I mean they failed to show up and grandstanded on doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    So should all the democrats that dont show up for the SOTU be at least suspended then? I mean they failed to show up and grandstanded on doing so.
    How is that equivalent to doing legislative work?????

10+ Year Old Account
    I love that you've sunk so low that you believe minority rule is not only ok, but should be expanded. Remember, the GOP is the minority - more people don't want them than do. Why do they get to decide again? Why aren't we firing those cowards for not doing their job?

It's amazing the mental gymnastics these Trumpkins pull to get to the point where if they feel it's wrong, no rules matter in their actions. Minority rule. Breaking the law.
    It is amazing how ignorant you are regarding the situation in the state of Oregon. What part of new laws- that go on the ballot and fail - but passses anyways because fuck the voters do you not fucking understand? I think you just suffer from partisan derangement syndrome.

Infracted.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Ohhh it's all Democrats fault for daring to put a bill on the ballot that republicans dislike. The only choice is to not do their job and stop all legislative action! Democrats should know that they can only vote on things that the minority party want or all government action must stop!

LOL. Republicans are a trip.
    You got it all wrong. The republicans are demanding it be put on the ballot. This new bill seems to be more de-fanged but will still be costly to a lot of citizens. Any new law that is controversial and expensive to the tax payers should always be up to the voters.
    Last edited by Flarelaine; 2020-02-27 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Flaming

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Was there a vote? Bills being passed? Legislation to debate? Committee hearings to attend?

...whoops.

If you're going to do this, at least try, ok? Pathetic attempts at "both sides" just get you laughed at and fuel the fire against the incompetent cowardly Oregon House GOP members.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    It is amazing how ignorant you are regarding the situation in the state of Oregon. What part of new laws- that go on the ballot and fail - but passses anyways because fuck the voters do you not fucking understand? I think you just suffer from partisan derangement syndrome.
    So I have to know all the laws going on in every state before I criticize lawmakers for walking out and not doing their job? Wow, you suck at this.

Oregon's House GOP members are spoiled children, too cowardly to do their jobs, so they run away and throw a tantrum. They should all be fired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and not clapping is TREASON
    /s

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Yes, and not clapping is TREASON
    When Trump wins his third term, that will be something mentioned more than just in passing.

5+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind that these subforums are not the place to discuss moderation or past infractions. Report conduct you find concerning to the globals.

Additionally be civil during discussion. Do not chase hostility with additional antagonism.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    So I have to know all the laws going on in every state before I criticize lawmakers for walking out and not doing their job? Wow, you suck at this.

Oregon's House GOP members are spoiled children, too cowardly to do their jobs, so they run away and throw a tantrum. They should all be fired.
    Actually you need to be informed to the recent developments that led to this. There is a lot more to the story than simply the GOP throwing a tantrum and denying a quorum. But you will not listen anyways so whatever. Stay in your bunker. I can careless about your uniformed opinion.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Actually you need to be informed to the recent developments that led to this. There is a lot more to the story than simply the GOP throwing a tantrum and denying a quorum. But you will not listen anyways so whatever. Stay in your bunker.
    Do I? Does anyone need to keep up on recent events to ask elected representatives to not walk out on their jobs? The GOP House Reps are moral cowards, who childishly ran away with their hands over their ears screaming "NO NO NO!" instead of doing their jobs.

How many places let you walk out if you don't like what's going and keep your job?

I can careless about your uniformed opinion.
    Then stop responding to my posts. You don't have any valid points regardless.

But you will not listen anyways so whatever.
    Oh do tell. I have family out there and they say it's just the GOP being pussies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Oh do tell. I have family out there and they say it's just the GOP being pussies.
    It really boils down to several years ago. The State has been trying to pass a sales tax for years. They have masked it as a B&O tax, a corporate tax, a "save the children" tax, you name it. In the end it is basically a sales tax. Every time it was on the ballot, it got stomp out and rejected by a large margin and not just by people outside of Portland. Thanks god!!

The second problem is Public Pensions (PERS). TLDR: It is out of balance and the state desperately needs to cover the costs of these pensions or else checks begin to bounce. That is a problem. Basically, miss management, greed and plain incompetence from the state over the last several decades has led to this predicament.

There was legislation that would help pay these off over longer periods of time and lower some of the top tier monies and numerous other things that I am not a expert on. But there were some promising ideas coming from both the Democrats and Republicans. However the real problem was Public Sector Unions who obviously work for themselves and not the people of the state. Unfortunately, the Unions stepped in and stopped it through litigation. The courts eventually told the state a contract is a contract and tough shit. Even if it meant collapsing the states into bankruptcy, they had to keep on the train going towards the inevitable cliff.

So what did the state due? New sales taxes on the ballot. They masked it as a tax to help pay for teachers but in reality it was to help cushion the pension liability. Now does that mean if the liability is covered, it would trickle down to the current teachers? There was no guarantee. Besides why should private citizens and business be the one to fork over their capitol from the incompetence and gross negligence of the state? Esp when the unions blocked any effort to help mitigate the damage? Honestly, tax the unions into oblivion would be part of my solution ...

So to the ballot another tax was put forth. I do not remember the name but it was based off gross sales and not net profits. One that would effect the entire chain of businesses from manufacturer up till retailer. Thankfully, it was down again.

Getting tired of typing here so I will try to shorten this up:

The State decided to pass a defanged version of this, rebrand it as the now Gross Receipts Tax against the voters wishes. It was the middle finger that began the turmoil we see now.

Then the Cap and Trade bill came forth and once again - being that it will be very costly to the average citizen - Republicans demanded that it be put on the ballot where we all know it will fail esp after the fact the state already spit in the faces of current voters.

This is what happens when you have party dynasties running a state. Maybe the Portlanders will finally wise up.

TLDR:
    -New taxes on the ballot, it fails
    -State tries again, it fails
    -Another time but slightly different, it fails again because it was a bull shit tax from the start.
    -State says fuck you and does it anyways.
    -New tax gas tax on the ballot, fails
    -State tries to do it anyway...
    -Republicans walk out
    -pikachu face
    Last edited by zEmini; 2020-02-28 at 12:45 AM.