Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Did you like Ny'alotha as the final raid of an expansion?

To me the raid feels like it's missing something. It feels more like a big dungeon instead of a raid. I know that's basically what raids are, but I'm missing the epicness of other final raids. It almost feels artificial in its design - just a series of rooms with bosses in them instead of a giant sprawling environment. It just doesn't feel natural.

How did you like it as the final raid of BfA?

5+ Year Old Account
    Dazar'alor was the best raid in the expansion, the other 3 were very meh.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    This.

IT was also when the expansion was at its most alt friendly. (which is saying alot)

3+ Year Old Account
    It was an okay raid, could be better but we have seen way worse.
    I don't care if it's the last one or not. I quit when the game becomes boring (that means several times during the course of an xpack) regardless of what point we are at in the xpack, makes no difference to me.

It's pretty good though not one of the best either. I'd put it above Icecrown and Dragon Soul though not on par with Sunwell, Siege of Orgrimmar or Antorus. (Maybe not Hellfire Citadel either)

It's fine.

Not the best, not the worst.

10+ Year Old Account
    very solid raid, suitable for a very long patch

15+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed the fights, but didn’t really think about it from an aesthetic standpoint; don’t like the long walks. My lazy gamer is showing.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    It's funny that always middle (second or third) raids/tiers are considered the best - Dazar'alor, Nighthold, Blackrock Foundry, Throne of Thunder, Firelands, Ulduar...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    I enjoyed the fights, but didn’t really think about it from an aesthetic standpoint; don’t like the long walks. My lazy gamer is showing.
    Agree here, I don't think it's "lazy gamer" honestly. Everyone's been talking about how there's so much trash in it. Extending time for sake it is silly.

- - - Updated - - -

As for the raid itself, I feel it's got a lot of fun mechanical fights. It's been a raid where I go in to do it just to do the fights again despite not getting upgrades from heroic/normal anymore.

Except for the Nzoth fight, it just feels pretty lame.

Also the way they tuned the raid appears to take into consideration that the majority of people killing it will do so with rank 12 cloak upgrade/decent corruption resist and effects.

I actually dislike that. For instance in Classic and Wrath (the 'old eras' that I played) the game wasn't balanced around making sure you had every enchant/food/flask/pot buff possible but it feels like the fights nowadays are.

Instead of feeling like "buffs" they instead feel like requirements now and that sucks.

Only the end boss and whatever drestagath was supposed to be were downsides in the raid. The rest felt solid. Diverse mechanics includong some novel ones like xanesh soccer and variations on tank checks with ra'den and vexiona help to break up the monotony.

My guild is only just stepping into mythic but wrathion is a very good look there with mechanics stemming from horrific visions and really setting the theme of the final tier with the risk and reward of corruption effects. The expansion had many frustrations throughout, and i still think their reliance on rng in gearing as a driving incentive for continued play is wrong, but i can respect the vision they had for the tier at least.

I consider it an upgrade from ep, and i expect i will remember it about as fondly as i do antorus and hfc which i consider solid conclusions to their respective expansions (even if wod as a whole was a dumpster fire)

Don't like Ny'alotha a whole lot. Feels like a lot of wasted potential to be used as a raid. Would have been better if it was treated like ToT build up were you work around than eventually invade it. Look wise its amazing with the massive tentacles and N'zoth towering over you when versing his Fury and the background is just phenomenal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the raid. It's not my fav of this expac but it's a good raid.

I don't know specifically from the angle as the final tier. I'd say it doesn't seem to wrap up the story very well, but this expansion also didn't really have much of a story anyway to wrap up.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    It's funny that always middle (second or third) raids/tiers are considered the best - Dazar'alor, Nighthold, Blackrock Foundry, Throne of Thunder, Firelands, Ulduar...
    That's an interesting observation, hadn't actually noticed that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I like the raid. It's not my fav of this expac but it's a good raid.

I don't know specifically from the angle as the final tier. I'd say it doesn't seem to wrap up the story very well, but this expansion also didn't really have much of a story anyway to wrap up.
    They went in too many directions with it IMO, a lot of stuff feels unresolved. Like the whole 'save Azeroth' thing seems to be forgotten?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

the bosses are too gimmicky and annoying to enjoy plowing through week after week. except for dragonsoul every other end game raid was more enjoyable

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Don't like Ny'alotha a whole lot. Feels like a lot of wasted potential to be used as a raid. Would have been better if it was treated like ToT build up were you work around than eventually invade it. Look wise its amazing with the massive tentacles and N'zoth towering over you when versing his Fury and the background is just phenomenal.
    True that, if they'd gone the IoT-route with Ny'alotha, it could've been the best ending raid tier in... forever?

10+ Year Old Account
    Good raid, but second to Dazar'alor. Too much trash and a lackluster final boss take it down a few notches.

Its in between. As people point out BoD was the best in BfA, but Ny'alotha ain't bad either. Though the end boss fight wasn't as epic as Argus, Lich King, Illidan/KJ and Archimonde in HfC was just to mention a few.

It is a fine raid, it just needed more tentacles and it would have been perfect!

12 bosses are too much, could have cut wrathion and maut.

tuning is good for first 3 weeks with minimal corruption gear.

corruption and cloak rank 12 making it trivial.

would have been awesome if there was optional hardmode where you fight carrapace and continue with nzoth in a long fight.