Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    If anyone is being dangerous, reckless and irresponsible...perhaps it's you.
    Says the person who sides with people Spreading Xenophibic Fears and Conspiracy about the Virus.

Last edited by szechuan; 2020-02-27 at 08:59 PM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    @Breccia

Still getting caught up and off topic, but when you referenced Lindsay Graham's wife, all I could picture was Slave from South Park.
    I hope like Mr. Slave, whomever his "wife" is moves on to a better man than him. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...-arpaio-117918

Womp womp, federal courts again told Arpaio that a pardon doesn't wipe out his criminal history, just the punishment.
    Well, there's SOME good news at least. Unfortunately that really doesn't matter to a retired person. =/

If you can correct me on that - I would LOVE to know if it still effects hem somehow! ^_^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Dow is plummeting again. Even if it goes up, it's still bad, as nobody likes volatile markets. The brokers and operators even less, as they are as skittish as... well, racoons.
    I'm waiting for the moment Dump claims the Coronavirus was invented by the Democrats.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Posting this in the hope that some may be interested.

The U.S. ranks #1 overall on the Global Health Security Index
    https://www.ghsindex.org/wp-content/...rity-Index.pdf

Overall: #1
    Prevention: #1
    Detection and Reporting: #1
    Rapid Response: #2
    Health System: #1
    Compliance with International Norms: #1
    Risk Environment: #19
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

10+ Year Old Account

The U.S. ranks #1 on the Global Health Security Index
    https://www.ghsindex.org/wp-content/...rity-Index.pdf

Overall: #1
    Prevention: #1
    Detection and Reporting: #1
    Rapid Response: #2
    Health System: #1
    Compliance with International Norms: #1
    Risk Environment: #19
    Uh huh.

You have people in the US rationing insulin and working while they have been actively diagnosed with the flu.

Something tells me that this ranking only applies to people who can afford access to said health security system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The U.S. ranks #1 overall on the Global Health Security Index
    You're completely ignoring why the CDC is now less capable of handling this Virus because of Trumps Actions.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    You're completely ignoring why the CDC is now less capable of handling this Virus because of Trumps Actions.
    Yep. #1 means fuck all when you've fired the CDC's entire epidemic response team.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    VA IG opens investigation into VA head Wilkie who...sigh...apparently clamped down on a sexual assault claim and attempted to discredit the victim.

I honestly can't remember the number of headlines I read in anyone else's tenure that included "IG" in them. But then, I can't remember the last time we had a pussy grabber in chief, either.

Oh, right, Clinton.

Citation please for Kudlow statement indicating that the coronavirus will be good for the economy.
    Looking now, I remember reading an article on it but it's proving difficult to find given the extensive coverage. I'll take this one on the chin if I can't dig it up and was misremembering.

If anyone is being dangerous, reckless and irresponsible...perhaps it's you.
    I'm a random internet poster, not a government official.

Edit: I was thinking of the Wilbur Ross comment Szechuan linked. So I was misremembering, but not too far off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Yep. #1 means fuck all when you've fired the CDC's entire epidemic response team.
    Actually it's a lot like saying "we have the cleanest air and water, let's start burning coal again!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Actually it's a lot like saying "we have the cleanest air and water, let's start burning coal again!"
    Hey asking for a country but doesn't an increase in coal burn off contribute to a suppressed immune response for respiratory conditions?

Like, say, a novel coronavirus?

With the market closed i can safely say that the dow jones tanked. Almost a 1200 point loss in a day.
    How are the futures trading at this moment?
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2020-02-27 at 09:06 PM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Making up shit to justify your argument is the Trumphadi way. Be better than that.
    For more information, this adorable FOX News fact check where they ding Biden & Co. for saying "Trump cut the CDC" instead of "Trump tried to cut the CDC but nobody with half a brain let him".

EDIT: To be fair and balanced, if I was a Trumpaganda network and looking for my #1 story, I would look for literally anything to report on to day that wasn't the coronavirus, the stock market, or the link between the two. I'd probably make #2 about The View or something.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2020-02-27 at 09:10 PM.

DOW currently down 1,190.95 at 25,766.64.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump hasn't tweeted in seven hours.

And that was a retweet ad of his own rally.

Has he finally caught on that his tweets aren't helping? Or was he playing golf? (checks news) Nope, only Trump golf news are the corpse-eating scavengers infesting The Trump National Golf Club. Funny, when I heard Trump was going after coyotes that isn't what I thought this would end.

@Breccia

This actually puts us about 850 points below when the GOP/Trump tax plan was implemented. That wipes out all growth they could even half ass attribute to their policies as all other growth happened under Obama policies.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/whos-in...se-2020-02-27/

In another twist on Thursday, Pence's office announced Ambassador Debbie Birx, a global health official and physician, will be the administration's new coronavirus response coordinator in Pence's office. Pence's office also named a handful of other Trump administration officials will join the coronavirus task force Azar is tasked with leading.

CBS News has requested more clarity on exactly what roles each of the three is playing. But so far, it's unclear who is in charge of the response.
    Likely because the Trump administration still isn't sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    With the market closed i can safely say that the dow jones tanked. Almost a 1200 point loss in a day.
    How are the futures trading at this moment?
    Not well.

The sell off continues after hours in a lot of stocks, especially big names.
    Nothing serious yet, small moves relative to the last 30 minutes on the market.

https://www.marketwatch.com/tools/screener/after-hours
    https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/MSFT....tsrc=fin-srch
    https://www.nasdaq.com/market-activity/after-hours

MSFT
    158.18-11.99 (-7.05%)
    At close: 4:00PM EST
    157.35 -0.82 (-0.52%)
    After hours: 4:12PM EST

Amazon
    1,884.30-95.29 (-4.81%)
    At close: 4:00PM EST
    1,878.97 -5.33 (-0.28%)
    After hours: 4:13PM EST

Watching Bloomberg now and they say the selling continues at a much less panic mode, but still continued.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/whos-in...se-2020-02-27/

Likely because the Trump administration still isn't sure.
    Can't be attacked for your crisis response plan if you don't have one.

10+ Year Old Account
    This actually puts us about 850 points below when the GOP/Trump tax plan was implemented.
    It's a good thing the stock market isn't the economy. Not that the GDP improved, either...

That said, even if someone earning $1 million/year put every single penny into the stock market, the tax reduction they ended up with would compensate for this week's loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoof, 3K in 3 days.

Welcome to CorrectionLand