Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    I had no idea this was a thing...sorry.
    GDKP - if no one has posted this already: https://www.engadget.com/2010/06/14/...un-and-profit/

I've never done one but I see them regularly on my server - my guild runs them occasionally.
    [color=blue]This thread has lived beyond its life expectancy. ... It's also met the forum quota for posters insulting the intelligence of their peers to grasp the age-old upper hand in argumentation, I believe officially coined by Plato: "Ur, like, dumb and that's why I'm right." Zarhym

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Classic wow in china, as retail, is operated by it's own team who licenses it from Blizzard.

There's always differences.

Do you remember back during Cata and Mists when they had 2 lockouts a week?
    You are right, but the people that will carry this thread are only interesting in flaming one side of the "durrr my version of da game better din yer version of the game" debates / trolls. So pull up the popcorn and watch the cat fight.

Nice. Finally I'll have something to spend my thousands of gold on.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Kinda impossible, because I don't have a character there - but also...I guess even my 2 million gold wouldn't last me that much. Also..it is all useless in 6-8 months because next x-pac
    Create a character and move it to [Capital City]?

That aside, with 2M Gold, you can probably buy like 1-2 HC Boosts, which is like ~6 Items via PL, not counting bonusrolls.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard doesn't even have a hand in the Chinese market and that market has been full of region-exclusive deals and designs for as long as I can remember.

Remember when selling XP potions or TCG loot boxes ruined the western market? Yeah, neither do I.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Yeah..no way I do any of that
    Yeah, better spend more time arguing over p2w without taking a look what's actually happening within the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Blizzard doesn't even have a hand in the Chinese market and that market has been full of region-exclusive deals and designs for as long as I can remember.

Remember when selling XP potions or TCG loot boxes ruined the western market? Yeah, neither do I.
    Yea remember when we had two raid resets a week? Yea, neither do I.

The hilarious part here is always the "cash grab" part. Because at the end of the day the customer has to go through a process of actually spending that money. Nobody puts a gun to your head to buy it.

Is the next iphone also a "cashgrab" that you feel you need to protect ppl from?
    I laugh at the "cash grab." arguments.

It's business, everything is a cash grab. If you're not out there to make as some people sarcastically say "ALL THE MONEY." you're failing. Yes even your precious little local store is hoping for all the money. They just not found a way to do it yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's probably fair to point out that at least for sustaining a subscription the token already exists for classic. You just need to play enough in retail to do it.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Do you have any evidence of a causal link between token sales and raid carry sells/epic item prices?
    It's basic economy...gear is the only meaningful thing apart from riding/mounts you can get on Classic. Once tokens become available there will be easy gold exchange between whales and gold makers. In the beggining the prices will skyrocket due to whales wanting ez gear and no/small amount of carry groups and then when organised communities flourish and the average whale is done with gearing chars prices will flatten and steadily drop.

Kotick is once again sacrificing the most dedicated players experience in the name of appeasing shareholders and his own pockets, no more, no less and only half a year went by

I thought this was a troll website with the way everything was worded "classic nostalgia" maybe it was just me

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    1. Probably just in China.

2. The only real way to get rid of illigal gold sellers. (And thus botters and account hackers (if that is even a thing in Classic? For sure was a huge problem in Vanilla))

3. Doesn't really harm anyone. Farming gold in Classic isn't exactly difficult. Most classes can do 60-100g/h farms.

Adding game tokens to the game was the best move Blizzard ever did.
    Translation: Blizzard does everything right, you're all just whining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballfan View Post
    It is a major part of the game. if not the most major. it keeps dungeon groups going. it keeps professions running. It connects people.
    And I guess you'd also make the argument that fishing in the canals of Stormwind is meaningful content simply because you can also do it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    And I guess you'd also make the argument that fishing in the canals of Stormwind is meaningful content simply because you can also do it.
    The funny part about your post is the fishing part. Thats exactly what im doing.
    Fishing in the barrens for 40 gold an hour.

If this is not content...there is no content in BfA also.

What? world quests and dailies? Rofling my ass off.

10+ Year Old Account
    If its not content then what the hell have i been doing this entire 10 days?

Ive been farming HOURS for the devilsaur set
    I even paid tanks to tank with this money i hardly earned.

Yes, i dont have the best farm in the game.
    My farm is honest work of 40 gold per hour.

Not exactly the best...but what is this if not content?

If you can tell me with a straight face "farming is not content" then i assume in Battle for Azeroth there is next to ZERO content.
    Just because you can do something in the game doesn't make it content per se.

Your comparison to BFA is silly though because there is actual content designed to provide you with things to do. If you can't see the difference between engaging in a dynamically changing system of World Quests for a variety of rewards (content) and mindlessly farming sheep for skinning in Elwynn (as much "content" as any other generic gold farm is) then I don't know what to say. Is it a fun system for everyone? No. But it's content because there is a designed system.

By your logic any game with an instantly respawning single mob and the ability to loot it has unlimited amounts of content since you can conceivably kill and loot it forever. But we both know that's BS, no one would point at that game as say "Man, this game has so much content!", we'd say "That game is trash, there's no content - nothing to do."

TL;DR - If gold farming is considered meaningful content then any game that has literally any action one can perform has meaningful content.

- - - Updated - - -

The funny part about your post is the fishing part. Thats exactly what im doing.
    Fishing in the barrens for 40 gold an hour.

If this is not content...there is no content in BfA also.

What? world quests and dailies? Rofling my ass off.
    You should put on your big boy pants and fish in the Bay of Storms like a real man. I fish for gold, but I don't consider it anything remotely close to "content".

If its not content then what the hell have i been doing this entire 10 days?
    Wasting your time? I could sit in SW and RP walk around pretending to be a vendor for 10 days worth of play time but I wouldn't expect people to consider that "content".
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2020-02-27 at 11:06 PM.

Little difference here @jackofwind is that with the gold i farmed fishing...i made gold to buy meaningful things.

In BfA i do World quests and...you are rewarded with the worst rewards in the entire game.
    Good job.
    Keep doing those world quests.

EDIT:

Also, i find it hard to believe all the time and hours i spent farming and leveling up cooking and fishing were..."imaginary" content.
    Last edited by Roanda; 2020-02-27 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Translation: Blizzard does everything right, you're all just whining.
    Never said that, I strongly believe they have fucked up retail beyond any repair at this point. Thus I only play Classic.

I don't believe WoW Tokens is the big bad, but it was for sure one of the many steps they did to fuck it over. But in it self, not bad at all. People who want to buy gold will do so, and there are ways ingame that Blizzard simply won't notice unless someone reports and/or it's huge amounts of gold being shifted around.

ActiBlizz is slowly killing WoW though, no doubt about that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Just because you can do something in the game doesn't make it content per se.

Your comparison to BFA is silly though because there is actual content designed to provide you with things to do. If you can't see the difference between engaging in a dynamically changing system of World Quests for a variety of rewards (content) and mindlessly farming sheep for skinning in Elwynn (as much "content" as any other generic gold farm is) then I don't know what to say. Is it a fun system for everyone? No. But it's content because there is a designed system.

By your logic any game with an instantly respawning single mob and the ability to loot it has unlimited amounts of content since you can conceivably kill and loot it forever. But we both know that's BS, no one would point at that game as say "Man, this game has so much content!", we'd say "That game is trash, there's no content - nothing to do."

TL;DR - If gold farming is considered meaningful content then any game that has literally any action one can perform has meaningful content.

- - - Updated - - -

You should put on your big boy pants and fish in the Bay of Storms like a real man. I fish for gold, but I don't consider it anything remotely close to "content".

Wasting your time? I could sit in SW and RP walk around pretending to be a vendor for 10 days worth of play time but I wouldn't expect people to consider that "content".
    Now now, not all farms are braindead. My two go-to farms which are RFD and DM East solo runs is fun-ish, I guess. RFD is kinda braindead, as all I do is stealth and pick herbs, then kill 3 bosses. DM east however actually takes practice to perform well, and is to me more fun than raiding MC is at the moment. In short time periods of course, I never spend more than one hour at the time doing a farm.
    And they provide a decent chunk of gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Little difference here @jackofwind is that with the gold i farmed fishing...i made gold to buy meaningful things.

In BfA i do World quests and...you are rewarded with the worst rewards in the entire game.
    Good job.
    Keep doing those world quests.

EDIT:

Also, i find it hard to believe all the time and hours i spent farming and leveling up cooking and fishing were..."imaginary" content.
    I don't play BFA but I'm able to recognize a system of rewards when I see one, and whether I think it's engaging or not doesn't detract from the fact that it is a system of content that was designed and implemented. Also, plenty of casual people playing the game benefit those rewards so don't think for a minute you speak for any kind of majority playerbase. Most people playing Retail WoW play casually.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    Never said that, I strongly believe they have fucked up retail beyond any repair at this point. Thus I only play Classic.

I don't believe WoW Tokens is the big bad, but it was for sure one of the many steps they did to fuck it over. But in it self, not bad at all. People who want to buy gold will do so, and there are ways ingame that Blizzard simply won't notice unless someone reports and/or it's huge amounts of gold being shifted around.

ActiBlizz is slowly killing WoW though, no doubt about that.

- - - Updated - - -

Now now, not all farms are braindead. My two go-to farms which are RFD and DM East solo runs is fun-ish, I guess. RFD is kinda braindead, as all I do is stealth and pick herbs, then kill 3 bosses. DM east however actually takes practice to perform well, and is to me more fun than raiding MC is at the moment. In short time periods of course, I never spend more than one hour at the time doing a farm.
    And they provide a decent chunk of gold.
    I do full DMEruns as a Hunter, specifically to loot books and for the Rich Thorium nodes at the end of the run, and I also do DMN runs to sell tribute chest loot to people - and I don't consider those activities to be "content".

DM in and of itself is content because it's a dungeon (ie: a specifically-designed group activity with a specific goal and a means to achieve said goal), so one could argue that completing the dungeon solo is the same amount of content as completing it as a group. However that's still different from trying to make the argument that a straight gold farm is "content" simply because it's something that is possible to do.

This doesn't even touch on content being relevant only as long as it actually give relevant rewards, which seems to be Shadowpunk's argument about why World Quests aren't content (which is laughably hypocritical).

Yeah, i also found this reddit thread very interesting.

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/..._got_ssf_lmao/

The boomking got an amazing item.
    A user asked him what was the Guild's loot system
    He answered "GKP"...whatever that means...does it mean "gold kill points" ??? Because he said it cost him "gold" and that it isnt bannable in china.

All very interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait a second...i've been calm so far because i thought this was a troll post...

But if you visit the china official site...OH its there:

https://www.wowchina.com/zh-cn/

Im more worried now...
    P-p-p-p-probably just for China? Please...right?
    Considering Wow: china is wow in property only with little to do with Blizzard proper, most likely china only like multiple things, BUT this is mmo-champion so feel free to hop on the "reeeeee, it could happen so im gonna start making posts daily about it with links to my favorite wow rage youtuber as proof"

The best part of all of these is watching the classic fans completely forgive EVERYTHING blizzard has done to classic. We joked this morning that if genuine, classic apologists would perform 10/10/10 mental gymnastics to turn this into a positive "fix", and sure enough, thats what you are doing.

[insert clown painting face meme]