Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    For good? I'm not quite sure.

On the other hand, my CoE for my 1 year visa to Japan just went through, so I guess I could answer Japan at least for the short term.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamilk
    my CoE for my 1 year visa to Japan just went through
    Hey, congratulations!
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Austria (very likely to happen in the near future), Germany, Finland. Any place where I know I can raise my future kids without worries is bound to be a good option, but those stand out the most to me right now.

I'm from Norway, and live in Norway. I'd like to move to Spain/Italy/Texas/California. I like summer and heat. Fuck winter I think Texas would be better than California, because I do love me some diesel and I imagine that it'd be a culture crash in California with all the hipsters
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    I'm from Norway, and live in Norway. I'd like to move to Spain/Italy/Texas/California. I like summer and heat. Fuck winter I think Texas would be better than California, because I do love me some diesel and I imagine that it'd be a culture crash in California with all the hipsters
    If just heat is what you're looking for, you could also look at Nevada or Arizona, both get stupid hot. A lot of the US has hot summers, it's more of if you're looking for desert heat (Arizona, Nevada), humid/swampy heat (Louisiana, Georgia, etc), or tropical settings (Florida, Hawaii, San Diego).

Myself, I'll take desert heat over humid heat any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Myself, I'll take desert heat over humid heat any day.
    http://english.hani.co.kr/arti/engli...nt/851550.html

Daegu, a city in North Gyeongsang Province, gets so hot during summer that it’s often jokingly referred to as “Daefrica,” a neologism that combines “Daegu” with “Africa.” Residents often assert it’s so hot that you could fry an egg on the streets. On June 29, Hyundai Department Store’s Daegu Branch revealed its playful take on the city’s heated reputation, two giant fried-egg sculptures, one on the street and one flowing out of a fry pan, near its east entrance.

It gets unbearably hot here during summers. Too cold during winters, lol. The temperature swings probably contribute to it feeling so bad.

Singapore was pretty nice to live in, not too hot but it was humid.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2020-02-21 at 10:43 AM.

I wasn't in Seoul long, it was early June. Didn't seem too bad.

Bangkok was unbearably hot and humid when I was there.

Greece gets hot, almost 45c last time i was there. Sometimes I feel like Seattle just gets long springs, no real summers.

I hear South Korea is nice in the autumn. Got a Korean school friend trying to convince me to visit during Chuseok this year.

If I had to chose my first pick would be Iceland. Second pick would be Ireland or Scotland. I love cold and/or rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    I wasn't in Seoul long, it was early June. Didn't seem too bad.

Bangkok was unbearably hot and humid when I was there.

Greece gets hot, almost 45c last time i was there. Sometimes I feel like Seattle just gets long springs, no real summers.

I hear South Korea is nice in the autumn. Got a Korean school friend trying to convince me to visit during Chuseok this year.
    The heat gets trapped here in the basin. Seoul is colder than Daegu in the summer.

Yeah, it's pretty nice during autumns. Though, you should go to places outside of Seoul.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2020-02-21 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmouse View Post
    Hey, congratulations!
    Thanks!

This is a pretty new thing to me, so I'm in the middle of making sure everything is set up before my departure date. It's super exciting though.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the Scandinavian countries. I'd also live in Japan or SK for a few years, but not sure if I would stay permanently.

New Zealand, hands down. I spent a couple months there for work a number of years back and really didn't even want to go home.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know about move, but I desperately want to take that luxury train ride through Canada that takes you to Banff Nat Park.

It looks amazing, but if you want the good tickets, you gotta save up for a few years. Im going to do it one day. https://www.rockymountaineer.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    Alaska or New Zealand...

Getting to either may be an issue as I have developed a horrible fear of flying lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Alaska or New Zealand...

Getting to either may be an issue as I have developed a horrible fear of flying lol.
    I do too, but I try not to let it stop me. I developed it after a really bad bit of turbulence over Japan a few years ago. But statistically, I'm safer in that plane than I am in my car tearing around the freeways all day.

Doesn't stop me from still getting stressed when flying though >.>

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    That narrative got old in 2016.

And a very respected expert has clear suspicions that the bombings having no targets, are by far-right movements wanting to cause turmoil. He's usually correct.
    Crime with a deadly outcome has gone down in most of the western world over the last 30 years according to the UN:

Sweden: + 3%
    Finland: - 59%
    Norway: - 52%
    Denmark: - 38%.
    France: - 47%
    USA: - 43%

except Sweden where it has risen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    There where corona doesn´t move to
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurgjelme View Post
    Crime with a deadly outcome has gone down in most of the western world over the last 30 years according to the UN:

Sweden: + 3%
    Finland: - 59%
    Norway: - 52%
    Denmark: - 38%.
    France: - 47%
    USA: - 43%

except Sweden where it has risen.

<snip>
    Graph shows that it has gone down in Sweden as well, and appears to show no link between the huge immigrant/refugee intakes that occurred a few decades ago (which the Twitter user was pointing out, not "covering up" as the other user seemed to accuse them of - but maybe there's a larger context to this chain of tweets).

There is a spike around 2011~, which some will argue has to do with the migrant crisis but I can't find any data to support that conclusion. BRÅ's studies rather seems to suggest a rise in criminal activity and disputes (many drug-related) being the most responsible for this increase. Hate crimes also increased a bit in the later half.

Worth mentioning that Sweden's numbers still show that deadly violence is still low, e.g. 4-5 times lower than the US.

https://www.bra.se/download/18.62c6c..._1990_2017.pdf
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._homicide_rate
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    If the US goes tits up, might try out Canada.
    Putin khuliyo

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I could go back to the UK, or I've considered Argentina, Mexico, Peru, or say Armenia, Iran, or Portugal are all under consideration. Greece maybe but only Crete specifically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.