Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    So if i buy gold in classic from a dubious source and get away with it that's not a problem.
    But if Blizzard would implement the WoW token into classic that would be worse then Hitler and kill classic?

Sure, i'll just stick with option number one.

China is a different situation, obviously. It's hard to say (rather, it's impossible) if they're doing this to kowtow to China (very possible) and to get extra money, or if they're doing this to try and combat the especially bad local Chinese gold farmers (also very possible).

I do not, at all, believe it's a slippery slope to suggest this is something that could potentially come to other regions of the game. If you people think the new Blizzard has even a quarter of the integrity of the old Blizzard, then you're just fooling yourselves. Blizzard's massively increased size has come with an increased need to generate income and that has created an upper-management culture focused entirely on profit. In a year or two we could very well be getting tokens in Classic WoW.

WTF are "Blizzard Game Points?"

Why tokens? Just make it purchasable with Eggrolls and that'd still be a better idea.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    EDIT:
    If you say "it's just China lol" why do you think they deserve a worse product than us? Do you think they don't deserve as good of a game as us? Just curious.
    Imagine thinking your opinion is so absolute fact it covers people from different gaming culture.

If you say "it's just China lol" why do you think they deserve a worse product than us? Do you think they don't deserve as good of a game as us? Just curious.
    What if they want the tokens?

I'm not speaking for every WoW player in China, some or many might be outraged by Token introduction but their culture has been notoriously different from Western gamers. To you it may be a worse product but in China it was probably a highly requested edition.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

This is to stop gold sellers and blizzard to cash in on it.

this is an example of why wow is so shit now.

this is the audience they cater to. the asian markets cause all of this shitty p2w and cash shop crap. there's a billion of them, and for some stupid reason, it's legal for american companies to sell their products there. if we'd force american companies to only sell here and maybe in europe, we wouldn't have this shit forced on us.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    this is an example of why wow is so shit now.

this is the audience they cater to. the asian markets cause all of this shitty p2w and cash shop crap. there's a billion of them, and for some stupid reason, it's legal for american companies to sell their products there. if we'd force american companies to only sell here and maybe in europe, we wouldn't have this shit forced on us.
    wow is shit because they bring things asians like to asian markets?

Are you fucking kidding me?

Tokens in Classic?

Fuck right off

EDIT:
    This is likely a result of Chinese feedback.

They have other things different from EU/US as well. Whether it becomes a worse product to them with the token, should realistically be up to them to decide for themselves.

You're delusional if you think this is China only. Give it a few weeks/months. WoW Classic was getting too big so they are deciding to kill it so they can sell more Shadowlands pre-orders.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    So if i buy gold in classic from a dubious source and get away with it that's not a problem.
    But if Blizzard would implement the WoW token into classic that would be worse then Hitler and kill classic?

Sure, i'll just stick with option number one.
    You aren't supposed to get away with it tho.. Blizzard is supposed to catch and punish those who cheats.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    You're delusional if you think this is China only. Give it a few weeks/months. WoW Classic was getting too big so they are deciding to kill it so they can sell more Shadowlands pre-orders.
    There's already tons of people buying from gold seller sites, Why do you feel like the WoW token is gonna kill the game, if 3rd party sellers haven't done that yet?

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

"Token will never come to classic"

Token announced for classic

"Token will never come to western servers"

Bargaining much?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Not to be overly pessimistic, but I’m doubtful it’ll stay that way for long.
    Yeah, remember when they gave NA two raid lockouts per week too?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

"We heard feedback from players saying that they want to buy game coins in a safe and legitimate manner, rather than through an unauthorized third-party gold exchange service-"

So you listened to the feedback of players complaining about not being able to BUY GOLD in game????? Instead of being like. No. Earn your own gold like you should???? You guys literally are implementing this to exploit the chinese players. You want their money more than you care about the integrity of the game. Shameful. Do you not realize the negative effects? of course you do and you don't care.

Please bring this to NA/EU Blizzard. I have nothing to spend all of this gold I've made on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you fucking kidding me?

Tokens in Classic?

Fuck right off

EDIT:
    it won't be first time they test in china first in first place
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Dude please give me your dealers contact info! That is the craziest delusion I've ever seen and I want some.

WoW classic getting too big... I'm dying...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    "Token will never come to classic"

Token announced for classic

"Token will never come to western servers"

Bargaining much?
    There are a lot of differences between the two versions of the game -- Blizzard doesn't even operate the game in mainland China. They receive expansions as free game updates, have buyable exp potions, etc. So them adding WoW Token to CN doesn't mean it'll make it to other regions.

That said, there are already third party gold sellers active on Classic, so it doesn't really matter anymore. This is just a legitimate source that lets Blizzard take a cut and equalizes the environment for those who aren't willing to risk getting caught violating ToS.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a ridiculously dumb take. Classic has bolstered their MAUs and the two games share a subscription, meaning it's easier to convert a player from Classic to Shadowlands if they're already actively subscribed.

The reason for implementing WoW Token in Classic is because black market third party sellers are already doing it. Blizzard has nothing to lose by offering it directly and taking a cut, and it's safer for players.