Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    This is so cool.... and really sad at the same time.

Its sad so much work is in the end gonna go to waste, as D4 gets launched into a completly sated market, that really does not care about it.

[

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post

Its sad so much work is in the end gonna go to waste, as D4 gets launched into a completly sated market, that really does not care about it.

[
    Completely sated? People are chomping at the bit for the next big ARPG, why do you think wolcen, with all it's issues, got more than anyone thought it would.

3 classes, 3 stat choices... oviously there tons of variaty here/s. Barb demonic, druid ancestral and mage is heavenly.. wolcen got better stat variaty.

Obviously stregth dex wis here being called something else. Every barb will be demo everybdruid ancient and every mage will be the angelic. Nothing special here.

Quote Originally Posted by DonnieDice View Post
    3 classes, 3 stat choices... oviously there tons of variaty here/s. Barb demonic, druid ancestral and mage is heavenly.. wolcen got better stat variaty.

Obviously stregth dex wis here being called something else. Every barb will be demo everybdruid ancient and every mage will be the angelic. Nothing special here.
    That's.... not how they work at all.

So they still didn't get rid of the bright flash when your attack connects with a monster? I remember that A LOT of testers wanted it gone because it makes the game brighter than it should be, and they are right.
    Action-feedback is important, but it should come i nthe form of the monster's head flying off its shoulder or blood gushing out of their torso. Not a white flash.

5+ Year Old Account
    Some posts in this thread make me wonder if some people don't realize this game is at the very minimum 2+ years out.

The best information from this is the fact that they're going to do quarterly updates and a lot of their responses appear to be taking in feedback from the players.

Very different from the D3 posts where they were like "we hear you guys but we want the game to be this specific way so we're not going to do what you're asking despite being fans."

I think if you're a developer creating an always online game where the community matters then you simply give up the opportunity to "make the game 100% how you want" because it's different from a "ship it and no longer work on it" game sort of deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Completely sated? People are chomping at the bit for the next big ARPG, why do you think wolcen, with all it's issues, got more than anyone thought it would.
    Sated is probably the wrong word. Two or three years of threads like this and word of mouth will be it's awful. It may still sell well regardless but I tend to agree that the less said the better. That's one problem with WoW right now. Everyone interested knows everything about an expansion or patch well before it's launched so word-of-mouth gets around that it's bad. A game may or may not be bad but with a certain group that actively is more interested in tearing down the work before it's ever seen you get what you get. Early adopters and influencers on social media can sink stuff before it ever gets out of the gate. Situation sucks really. I've never been a believer that the best way to develop a game is to sacrifice the design team's vision on the rantings of its potential customers.

Even in this thread, we get the very first of what will likely be many updates and there's more complaining than anything. The only way to truly judge a game these days is to stay away from forums and most social media, watch videos and streams once it's launched, and see if it's appealing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Sated is probably the wrong word. Two or three years of threads like this and word of mouth will be it's awful. It may still sell well regardless but I tend to agree that the less said the better. That's one problem with WoW right now. Everyone interested knows everything about an expansion or patch well before it's launched so word-of-mouth gets around that it's bad. A game may or may not be bad but with a certain group that actively is more interested in tearing down the work before it's ever seen you get what you get. Early adopters and influencers on social media can sink stuff before it ever gets out of the gate. Situation sucks really. I've never been a believer that the best way to develop a game is to sacrifice the design team's vision on the rantings of its potential customers.

Even in this thread, we get the very first of what will likely be many updates and there's more complaining than anything. The only way to truly judge a game these days is to stay away from forums and most social media, watch videos and streams once it's launched, and see if it's appealing.
    I guess if you put it that way.

But there's still been some positive changes that have happened thanks to community feedback (like the removal of primal/ancient gear) so it can work out if they do it right.
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2020-02-27 at 10:09 PM.

[
    yeah right, d4 is gonna make money hand over fist. it will be a massive financial success, thinking otherwise is pure delusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    If you like brainless click and explode simulators, you already have Diablo 3. There's no reason for you to poison discussion of an upcoming game that Blizzard has stated will go in a different direction to D3.
    D2 wasn't as deep as you think. 2 skills I was able to beat it on hell. 1 aura and spamming one skill. But sure, you could have had a more deeply built character and it certainly had more depth than D3 over all but, stop acting like the 5 stats in D2 are more or more meaningful than the 6 in D4, or that D2 was some super deep RPG.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RCA View Post
    Whoa whoa...where’s the glove slot?
    They are there.

- - - Updated - - -

[
    I see someone has no clue about the markets.

- - - Updated - - -

Your controller support argument falls flat on its face due to Poe being on consoles.

And honestly, the stats in d2 were never very interesting, you basically stacked one while putting enough in another to equip what gear you need.

They are doing angelic, demonic and ancestral which could end up far more interesting. Activating or deactivating stats and gear bonuses based on how much you have
    I see the person you quoted is unaware of games like PoE and FF14 being on console, nor has played D3 on console. D3 on console with a controller feels just as good if not better than M+K. And this coming from a primarily a PC only gamer.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post

I see the person you quoted is unaware of games like PoE and FF14 being on console, nor has played D3 on console. D3 on console with a controller feels just as good if not better than M+K. And this coming from a primarily a PC only gamer.
    Im well aware of that. And there is a difference between having a nice feel to play a game on the controller, and pushing the limits of the game mechanics and playing it on highest possible difficulty with it. You dont have the accuracy and the react time that you have playing with mouse. I maybe old fashioned and im pretty sure there are people that can do magic with controllers.. But in general i think playing with keyboard/keypad and mouse will allways be far supperior method.
    I personaly cant imagine beating Awakener 8 (with non summoner lol build) on controller... not sure exactly how it works.. but if its similar to D3 console gameplay(wich i tried)... no way. Or playing hardcore on console/controller... competing with pc player leaderboards.
    Anyway.. i may be wrong. And dont get me wrong i love all ARPGs and looking forward to D4... Whatever systems they come up with.. i believe with the good feedback it will be a good game.
    just my oppinion... no hate

7+ Year Old Account
    People are chomping for new ARPGs, which is why the scene is being bombarded. Path of Exile just proclaimed, that they are doubling down on the game, we just got announced Torchlight 3 and there are even rumors of Grim Dawn coming with a sequel at some point. All these things are gonna happen before Blizzard gets D4 done and then we again have a scene, which is kept very satisfied with Diablo-style games.

Also, sure Wolcen did great, but Blizzard is not just looking for opening day sales good, but a dedicated playerbase for years. After the initial success, i predict it going the way of HotS, where the hype dies down real quick, especially when PoE is pretty much doing what D4 is supposed to be, with a dark and gritty ARPG. Unless they do a big pivot, what can they offer over other games?
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    you realise the attacker takes 14 will be because thats what the rune does right?

As for trimmed the fat in D3, yeah trimmed alright, GR or uninstall, damn thats some content right there, sick endgame.
    I mean, what's the endgame in D2 like? Run the same few areas 500 times. Baal, Chaos Sanctuary, Hell Cows. Or maybe Mephisto runs, which is 45 seconds on repeat. Satisfying gameplay loop!

D3's endgame isn't perfect by any stretch, far from it. But it's a hell of a lot more interesting than D2's "endgame" ever was.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    yeah right, d4 is gonna make money hand over fist. it will be a massive financial success, thinking otherwise is pure delusion.
    I think you very much underestimate what Blizzard expects of D4. They are not expecting a Wolcen success or a PoE success, they are expecting D3+RoS(at the same time) success. Making money hand over fist is not enough, when you have an insane production budget and giant corperate expectations.

And saying it will be a success in the future, just because, it very much missing the mark.

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Beefhammer;52138111

I see someone has no clue about the markets.
    [/QUOTE]

I made that prediction because i exactly know the "markets". Unless you are up for innovating in a market, you either need a huge financial push to get your piece(huge infusion in marketing and promotion) or hit the market in a current low quality/production vs high demand. Current ARPG is not in need of new products, D4 is not innovating anything with its current design core and they have shown lately that they can't really give better quality products, than their competitors. So in the end they will just force it through by pure marketing power, but then that will require a higher income over time, which is not something i see happening to a game like D4.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    who care really ? the game is alpha/beta and will not go out before a few years.

crying about beta feature ?

only on mmo-champion thats happens
    Thats the best time for feedback.

I think you very much underestimate what Blizzard expects of D4. They are not expecting a Wolcen success or a PoE success, they are expecting D3+RoS(at the same time) success. Making money hand over fist is not enough, when you have an insane production budget and giant corperate expectations.

And saying it will be a success in the future, just because, it very much missing the mark.

- - - Updated - - -

I made that prediction because i exactly know the "markets". Unless you are up for innovating in a market, you either need a huge financial push to get your piece(huge infusion in marketing and promotion) or hit the market in a current low quality/production vs high demand. Current ARPG is not in need of new products, D4 is not innovating anything with its current design core and they have shown lately that they can't really give better quality products, than their competitors. So in the end they will just force it through by pure marketing power, but then that will require a higher income over time, which is not something i see happening to a game like D4.
    and you underestimate how much d4 is gonna sell. its going to be massive sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Draken4o1 View Post
    Im well aware of that. And there is a difference between having a nice feel to play a game on the controller, and pushing the limits of the game mechanics and playing it on highest possible difficulty with it. You dont have the accuracy and the react time that you have playing with mouse. I maybe old fashioned and im pretty sure there are people that can do magic with controllers.. But in general i think playing with keyboard/keypad and mouse will allways be far supperior method.
    I personaly cant imagine beating Awakener 8 (with non summoner lol build) on controller... not sure exactly how it works.. but if its similar to D3 console gameplay(wich i tried)... no way. Or playing hardcore on console/controller... competing with pc player leaderboards.
    Anyway.. i may be wrong. And dont get me wrong i love all ARPGs and looking forward to D4... Whatever systems they come up with.. i believe with the good feedback it will be a good game.
    just my oppinion... no hate
    Console GRs levels per Class is very similar between console and PC. Franky I don't notice much of a difference between the two. Like Instated before. I am a PC first guy, raised on PC games rarely use a controller. Played D3 on Switch and it was like there is a majic elf copying my controller movements on a magic K+M because it is that responsive. There is a bit of auto aim/aim assist for targeted skills and playable skills aren't as precise but I have no issues doing what I can do on D3 PC on my Switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I mean, what's the endgame in D2 like? Run the same few areas 500 times. Baal, Chaos Sanctuary, Hell Cows. Or maybe Mephisto runs, which is 45 seconds on repeat. Satisfying gameplay loop!

D3's endgame isn't perfect by any stretch, far from it. But it's a hell of a lot more interesting than D2's "endgame" ever was.
    you just named 4 things while D3 has 1, quadruple the content!

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    you just named 4 things while D3 has 1, quadruple the content!
    I hope you're being facetious here. It's hard to tell these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I hope you're being facetious here. It's hard to tell these days.
    Nope, D3 is literally greater rift or die, its a fucking snoozefest, also i love how WoW needs a level/stat squish, but 84 quintillion health on Diablo 3 is perfectly fine, i'm joking by the way i've no idea of the number but its fucking ridiculous, i also love all the rng added to wow from diablo 3, im joking by the way thats also fucking ridiculous, D3 is so fucking bad compared to D2 they actually moved some D3 clowns to WoW to make WoW worse.