Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    By spreading the epidemic the fuck...

The people most susceptible to this are their constituents you know them being old and such... you'd think they'd want them to not die.
    Maybe when someone with the last name Trump gets the virus (not Tiffany) he will care about it but by then it will be too late. As it stands Trump is all about keeping the bad news under control by getting rid of or shutting up anyone who isn't loyal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Maybe when someone with the last name Trump gets the virus (not Tiffany) he will care about it but by then it will be too late. As it stands Trump is all about keeping the bad news under control by getting rid of or shutting up anyone who isn't loyal.
    it worked for getting Dick Cheney, heartless bastard he is, to be "ok" with LGBTQ when his daughter came out

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    As country, we deserve what ever happens to us, for building a system that can neither prevent nor stop a Trump, but more importantly, for breeding the average Trump supporter.
    I blame the proliferation of states that don't matter, and shouldn't be states, as well as allowing states that should've been stripped of that status back in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Also think it could go either way with Eric.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So, I guess the reports that Trump put Pence in "charge" of the coronavirus response might have more truth than not.
    Wait a minute!

Why didn't Trump put Carson in charge? I mean, he's an actually accomplished medical doctor. Granted, he's not a virologist, but he's closer to one than Pence in the same way I'm closer to the Earth's core than the Sun.

By the way, anyone, feel free to jump in on this.

Trump spent 45 minutes today w/producers behind a play that dramatized the text messages between FBI agents Peter Strzok and Lisa Page, complaining about why "some people are in prison and others aren't." He is now meeting with Diamond and Silk and others. https://t.co/5jIxvyyUfl
    https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/...908404225?s=19

The clown show in full effect.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Wait a minute!

Why didn't Trump put Carson in charge? I mean, he's an actually accomplished medical doctor. Granted, he's not a virologist, but he's closer to one than Pence in the same way I'm closer to the Earth's core than the Sun.

By the way, anyone, feel free to jump in on this.
    I don't think anyone in the White House has Carson's phone number. I suspect Pence was selected by the preferred method of "First guy I see just volunteered".

Someone educate me, please, because I'm assuming that I must be misreading the reports I'm seeing.

Did the Trump administration override the CDC, bring Coronavirus patients into the US without proper safeguards and then make a bunch of US officials interract with them without proper training or safety gear? And in the area where this occurred, are we now seeing people with the virus and no "audit trail" of how they got it?

Surely this would be blowing up massively if they'd been this stupid, wouldn't it?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://time.com/5792015/trump-coronavirus-vacancies/

Time has a good article up discussing how the extensive vacancies and eliminated positions are leaving the Trump administration largely ill equipped to effectively handle the response to the coronavirus.

Almost like, as "libs" have been saying, a skeleton government of loyalists with little actual experience is fucking dangerous.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.tampabay.com/florida-pol...er-in-florida/

So, I guess the reports that Trump put Pence in "charge" of the coronavirus response might have more truth than not.

Because apparently he's got time to go down to a $25K a head fundraiser in Florida.
    The Maga folks don't care, from there POV everybody serves at the pleasure of Trump so only qualification you need is Trump's approval.

Oops... More cracks in Trump's so called economic wonders...

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/e...053229699.html

MARSTON, Missouri (Reuters) - A bankrupt aluminum smelter that re-opened in 2018, after U.S. President Donald Trump imposed tariffs on imported metals, is losing money at such a rapid clip that it could close within 60 days, the top executive at the Missouri plant said on Thursday.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    More cracks in Trump's so called economic wonders
    Pfft. You sound just like the Republican Party.

Republican lawmakers say the strength of the economy along with national security are the biggest factors determining whether an incumbent president wins reelection.

GOP senators worry the strength of the U.S. economy, which a couple weeks ago had pointed in favor of Trump winning a second term, is now in doubt as the coronavirus cripples supply chains in China and sends economic tremors throughout the European Union.

“At the end of the day, elections — especially reelections for presidents — are largely based on the economy and people’s sense of security. And a virus like this can have an impact on both,” said Sen. Kevin Cramer (R-N.D.).

Forecast firm Oxford Economics projects global growth will slow to 1.9 percent in the first quarter of 2020 as a result of the coronavirus. The firm has already lowered its forecast for the year from 2.5 percent to 2.3 percent.
    Yes, that's the coronavirus and Trump's inability to combat it. It's not about preventing the disease on US soil. It has to do with the effects overseas, and Trump's inability to make trade policies which either handle it, or more realistically, actually helped before this. Like you said, metal plants are closing. Coal mines are closing. Manufacturing is contracting. Farms are going bankrupt. Retail is falling. The trade gap is widening. The Fed cut rates three times last year and is now predicted to lower them once, maybe twice, by July. Nobody felt the effects of the tax cut. And the tariffs are set to cost the the average American thousands of dollars, again, because Trump didn't lower them by much in Phase One -- which China is about to break -- and they're regressive taxes, although to be fair, they always have been. Trump's just using them anyhow.

And the GDP never hit three percent. Not for a single year.

And just to be clear: every single link above pre-dates the coronavirus outbreak. This is not new information.

Trump did plenty of damage to the economy, undoing whatever benefit he might have caused and then some. So when this outbreak occurred, again affecting things beyond Trump's ability to control, the US had to downgrade from "SAD!" to "bigly SAD!" and send a Code Orange.

There's nothing the rabid fanbase can honestly point to anymore. Unemployment is down? Sure, by one percent. Obama lowered it six. DOW still up nine, I mean, six thousand? That's almost ten percent per year, at time of writing below the industry average but more importantly below Obama. Store XXX is hiring or expanding? For every example listed that's going well, I can name one that went bankrupt. Wages? Trump's real wage growth is nowhere near as high as Obama was giving us almost his entire second term.

This is what happens when you put an incompetent businessman in charge of the world's largest economy. And y'all did it on purpose. While I look forward to hearing the slew of excuses offered in 2020, even the rabid fanbasee knows none of them actually mean anything. They're just words they'll spout instead of admitting they made a mistake, words they'll spout as prices rise, jobs fail, their health care gets worse or ends, the US loses faith in our country and maybe war with Iran. I'm not even sure a war with Iran can help Trump's numbers anymore.

Are we tired of winning yet?

Pfft. You sound just like the Republican Party.

Yes, that's the coronavirus and Trump's inability to combat it. It's not about preventing the disease on US soil. It has to do with the effects overseas, and Trump's inability to make trade policies which either handle it, or more realistically, actually helped before this. Like you said, metal plants are closing. Coal mines are closing. Manufacturing is contracting. Farms are going bankrupt. Retail is falling. The trade gap is widening. The Fed cut rates three times last year and is now predicted to lower them once, maybe twice, by July. Nobody felt the effects of the tax cut. And the tariffs are set to cost the the average American thousands of dollars, again, because Trump didn't lower them by much in Phase One -- which China is about to break -- and they're regressive taxes, although to be fair, they always have been. Trump's just using them anyhow.

And the GDP never hit three percent. Not for a single year.

And just to be clear: every single link above pre-dates the coronavirus outbreak. This is not new information. Sorry the democrats have done nothing to prove they care about the middle and upper middle class. Trump hasnt either tbh but he also hasnt done any damage which you cant say about the Obama era. Upper middle class wages have increased in the last few years whil under Obama we saw nothing.

Trump did plenty of damage to the economy, undoing whatever benefit he might have caused and then some. So when this outbreak occurred, again affecting things beyond Trump's ability to control, the US had to downgrade from "SAD!" to "bigly SAD!" and send a Code Orange.

There's nothing the rabid fanbase can honestly point to anymore. Unemployment is down? Sure, by one percent. Obama lowered it six. DOW still up nine, I mean, six thousand? That's almost ten percent per year, at time of writing below the industry average but more importantly below Obama. Store XXX is hiring or expanding? For every example listed that's going well, I can name one that went bankrupt. Wages? Trump's real wage growth is nowhere near as high as Obama was giving us almost his entire second term.

This is what happens when you put an incompetent businessman in charge of the world's largest economy. And y'all did it on purpose. While I look forward to hearing the slew of excuses offered in 2020, even the rabid fanbasee knows none of them actually mean anything. They're just words they'll spout instead of admitting they made a mistake, words they'll spout as prices rise, jobs fail, their health care gets worse or ends, the US loses faith in our country and maybe war with Iran. I'm not even sure a war with Iran can help Trump's numbers anymore.

Are we tired of winning yet?
    All 100% true facts, but guess what. We are going to show up to vote for him again because our hatred for the Democratic candidates make us angry.

10+ Year Old Account
    And just to make sure we're all clear, it's not just me saying this.

In just a matter of weeks, top economists and investment bank analysts have gone from expecting the coronavirus outbreak to have minimal impact on the U.S. economy to warning that an outright recession may be on the horizon.

Business investment, which declined through the last three quarters of 2019, could be further hit, Constance Hunter, chief economist at KPMG, tells Axios.

"If the virus spreads within the U.S. in any meaningful way, that is going to have a negative impact. That's a component we think could lead to a negative GDP print in the first and possibly the second quarter."

Just a few weeks ago, many economists thought the coronavirus would cause only a tenth of a percentage point decrease in U.S. growth this year.

But rosy projections were in short supply on Thursday as the Dow flirted with its largest single-day points drop in history.

The S&P 500 has fallen by 10% in just six trading sessions, the fastest correction in history from a record high, Deutsche Bank Securities chief economist Torsten Sløk said in a note to clients.

Bank of America Securities cut its 2020 global growth forecast, and is now expecting the lowest reading since 2009.

Credit Suisse lowered its projection to 2.2% — below the 2.5% growth rate the IMF set as the threshold for global recession.

Nearly half of U.S. companies in China said they expect revenue to decrease this year if business can’t return to normal by the end of April, according to a new survey by the American Chamber of Commerce in China, a group representing members from 900 companies throughout the country.
    Now, just to be clear, the "recession" being discussed due to this bug won't just be US. Even if you still don't believe Trump's words and actions helped push US into this mess, it's impossible to admit anything other than this is Trump's problem. And he doesn't have the tools to fix it. He has no money, no credibility, and fewer and fewer allies, home and abroad.

To be continued. I don't think today's news is getting any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    All 100% true facts, but guess what. We are going to show up to vote for him again because our hatred for the Democratic candidates make us angry.
    Amazing "IMMA VOTE FOR AN INCOMPETENT BOOB CUZ ANGRY" truly you guys are leaders of political ideals.

So you prefer to vote for the incompetent goon that will get hundreds of people killed in the US?

And that's if you get to vote. COVID-19 rargets primarily old people (you know, Tangerine Cancer voting bloc)
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2020-02-28 at 01:32 PM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Translation: I am going to cut off my right arm because my left arm itches.
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

And just to make sure we're all clear, it's not just me saying this.

Now, just to be clear, the "recession" being discussed due to this bug won't just be US. Even if you still don't believe Trump's words and actions helped push US into this mess, it's impossible to admit anything other than this is Trump's problem. And he doesn't have the tools to fix it. He has no money, no credibility, and fewer and fewer allies, home and abroad.

To be continued. I don't think today's news is getting any better.
    Its a global disaster. No other country has been able to protect themselves either. A country as large as the US with as much travel that comes through this country i think we are doing a good job. Also you do understand this can be used to help him.

Heres the kicker and yall on the left are going to love me for this. All he has to do to rile people up is say we did everything we could but it came across the border ILLEGALLY by an illegal alien and this is why we need border control. Boom done game over the base is riled up. He shows democrats dont care about the citizens and he runs on open borders vs his wall again.

Quote Originally Posted by omerome View Post
    Translation: I am going to cut off my left arm because my right arm itches.
    Now to be fair that would definitely stop the itch! For like 5 whole mins until you bled but but hey itch is gone!

Quote Originally Posted by omerome View Post
    Translation: I am going to cut off my right arm because my left arm itches.
    No more like well kill the rabid fox and all of her kits just to be safe.

Its a global disaster. No other country has been able to protect themselves either. A country as large as the US with as much travel that comes through this country i think we are doing a good job. Also you do understand this can be used to help him.

Heres the kicker and yall on the left are going to love me for this. All he has to do to rile people up is say we did everything we could but it came across the border ILLEGALLY by an illegal alien and this is why we need border control. Boom done game over the base is riled up. He shows democrats dont care about the citizens and he runs on open borders vs his wall again.
    Trump ABSOLUTELY could have stopped the flow. He overrode the CDC when they said to not let some of the infected people back in the country.

He tried to do that... Last week if i remember well. It did not matter. Economy is tanking and will take a worse hit. And that's the point where everyone sane will point at Trump and his horrible economic policies for making the problem worse.
    The GOP banked on having the great recession next year. COVID-19 made sure to make it happen 1 year sooner. And that's too soon.

- - - Updated - - -

No more like well kill the rabid fox and all of her kits just to be safe.
    This does not make any sense. Not even in the context of the conversation.
    So, reported for trolling
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker