Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    The best part of all of these is watching the classic fans completely forgive EVERYTHING blizzard has done to classic. We joked this morning that if genuine, classic apologists would perform 10/10/10 mental gymnastics to turn this into a positive "fix", and sure enough, thats what you are doing.

[insert clown painting face meme]
    Most people here are saying that the token won't even come to NA, what thread are you reading.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Most people are wrong.

It is players want it !
    It is not Blizzard wants money.

The next thing, PLAYERS want to buy gear with money.
    Again, it is not Blizzard wants money.
    you know what really piss me off and disgust me and made me want to throw up?
    that the blizz white knight team a88 kissers will actually say that to defend it
    this is so accurate true that i don't even know what to say
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Im already having a meltdown...this is the LFR situation all over again. Is the same exact discussion.

Whats the difference between implementing LFR in classic wow and a WoW Token? Nothing. There is no difference. Is the same exact thing.

Both things give you the ability to SKIP a major part of the game.

*forum posters insert the question* "What do you care how others play the game? Thats their business"

See? See? See? This is LFR all over again.
    The same exact thing.

(i need to calm down...this is probably just for China)
    And what's wrong with LFR? It's been around for years and it doesn't affect me or my guild. It won't affect me in classic either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Prime92 View Post
    Wait for the raid carry sells to skyrocket and epic item prices go through the roof.
    How will this be achieved when the net gold stays the same? You are getting confused with the follower table.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

@jackofwind
    Congratz. your definition of content is subjective. And here you are telling other people the things they do arent content. amazing. keep typing.
    Last edited by baseballfan; 2020-02-28 at 12:47 AM. Reason: want to target

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Problem with this is the ah will just get more expensive cause more people will have gold.
    do people even think before they say stuff like this?

i have 500 gold.
    u have 0 gold.
    u buy token for $20.
    i buy token for 500 gold.
    i now have 0 gold.
    u now have 500 gold.

these transaction don't add gold, they just move it around from 1 person to another, which will have little to no impact on the amount people are willing to spend on items in the ah. and yes, i fully understand that this will promote more gold farming so technically more gold will be in the game, it still won't be enough to affect ah prices. most people buying the tokens to make gold will immediately be buying mounts as well which just removes the gold entirely.

the only issue with this is the amount of people who will cry about it for no reason. enjoy the game for what it is and stop pretending like we're literally in 2005 still, wow tokens exist now and they are good for the game overall. a lot of people playing classic currently make gold in retail and buy a token and then come play classic... so classic tokens already exist, this would just allow the gold farming to happen in classic as well. if you have a problem with that then you have some pretty serious mental issues and i genuinely hope you get the help you need.
    Last edited by bloomy; 2020-02-28 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Most people here are saying that the token won't even come to NA, what thread are you reading.
    Of course it is coming to NA/EU. Just give it a few weeks.
    Why do you think they even posted that blog post? When have they ever posted anything about Chinese WoW Servers in history of WoW?
    They are trying to kill Classic WoW so more people pre-order Shadowlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballfan View Post
    @jackofwind
    Congratz. your definition of content is subjective. And here you are telling other people the things they do arent content. amazing. keep typing.
    These same people saying that gold farming is content turn around and argue that World Quests aren't content.

So yeah, I'll gladly point out their hypocrisy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    Of course it is coming to NA/EU. Just give it a few weeks.
    Why do you think they even posted that blog post? When have they ever posted anything about Chinese WoW Servers in history of WoW?
    They are trying to kill Classic WoW so more people pre-order Shadowlands.
    Oh, of course it is, is it? This will age well.

Just like two raid lockouts per week came from China to NA as well.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Gotta milk China. I assume its been their primary target audience for a few years now.

Quote Originally Posted by bloomy View Post

i have 500 gold.
    u have 0 gold.
    u buy token for $20.
    i now have 0 gold.
    u now have 500 gold.

these transaction don't add gold, they just move it around from 1 person to another, which will have little to no impact on the amount people are willing to spend on items in the ah. and yes, i fully understand that this will promote more gold farming so technically more gold will be in the game, it still won't be enough to affect ah prices. most people buying the tokens to make gold will immediately be buying mounts as well which just removes the gold entirely.

the only issue with this is the amount of people who will cry about it for no reason. enjoy the game for what it is and stop pretending like we're literally in 2005 still, wow tokens exist now and they are good for the game overall. a lot of people playing classic currently make gold in retail and buy a token and then come play classic... so classic tokens already exist, this would just allow the gold farming to happen in classic as well. if you have a problem with that then you have some pretty serious mental issues and i genuinely hope you get the help you need.
    Out of interest, you would be ok with the playerbase of classic being mostly retail players who discover that it is far more cost effective to farm in classic to buy a token to play in retail? So essentially just retail players farming everything in classic to use that gold to buy a token?

15+ Year Old Account
    Probably exclusive for mainland China, but even if it isn't I don't see the issue.

People are already buying gold, but the only people benefitting are cheaters, hackers, and botters. This equalizes the playerbase, forces out the black market, and gives Blizzard a cut.

It will affect the economy, but not drastically, as it doesn't generate new gold, only move it around.

Even if prices inflate somewhat, inflation works both ways. Every player is capable of buying and selling, prices going up means you can earn more, too. The only part of the economy that doesn't inflate is vendors, but who makes all their gold by vendoring greys?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    You mean the article taken from the Chinese website, for Chinese players? Probably so Chinese players know what is happening in their game. Is that a serious question?

Just like with any events and features exclusive to China, like paid exp potions for example.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2020-02-28 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    China now. The rest of the world tomorrow.

This is dumb.
    I think you mean that you don't like it. There are others who don't think it is dumb.
    why so mad bro

I play classic and couldn't give a shit about these coming at some point. But I'm also an adult and meaningless things are meaningless.

Well that was a dumbass move considering this applies only to China.

- - - Updated - - -

If WoW was F2P in China why the fuck would they be selling game time tokens?
    Because they can be used as currency for paid services. That's why the fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

Really? An ad hominem when you missed the point so spectacularly?

WoW tokens are for game time. If the game is F2P then it doesn't require a sub, which means it doesn't need to sell game time.

F2P games make money on microtransactions for cosmetic shit and in-game boosts, they don't make money on tokens for game time because by nature of them being F2P they're, you know, Free To Play.
    It's not for Gametime. It is a currency that can be used to buy Gametime or games or character services or mounts.

- - - Updated - - -

Just because you can do something in the game doesn't make it content per se.

Your comparison to BFA is silly though because there is actual content designed to provide you with things to do. If you can't see the difference between engaging in a dynamically changing system of World Quests for a variety of rewards (content) and mindlessly farming sheep for skinning in Elwynn (as much "content" as any other generic gold farm is) then I don't know what to say. Is it a fun system for everyone? No. But it's content because there is a designed system.

By your logic any game with an instantly respawning single mob and the ability to loot it has unlimited amounts of content since you can conceivably kill and loot it forever. But we both know that's BS, no one would point at that game as say "Man, this game has so much content!", we'd say "That game is trash, there's no content - nothing to do."

TL;DR - If gold farming is considered meaningful content then any game that has literally any action one can perform has meaningful content.

- - - Updated - - -

You should put on your big boy pants and fish in the Bay of Storms like a real man. I fish for gold, but I don't consider it anything remotely close to "content".

Wasting your time? I could sit in SW and RP walk around pretending to be a vendor for 10 days worth of play time but I wouldn't expect people to consider that "content".
    Everything you just described is content. Your definition of content is things that are designed to give you something to do.

Walk around SW RPing? That's content. Blizzard designed SW to give you a place to express yourself and your fantasies?

Fishing? That's content. There's a leveling system and quests in there too. Allows you to level up your cooking if you want and provides a source of income.

Farming gold is content. Prepending the word meaningful is irrelevent. For most it is meaningful because it is content that is fine to reach a goal. Sometimes it's a mount. It can be other things too.

It's a pity that you are such an elitist that you won't even acknowledge what other people do with their time in game. You're not the fucking content police.
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    The influx to player gold, will set the value of items higher, and make it so you either farm a lot of spend money to deal with the outrageous prices. It's a cancer to classic, making it more like retail, isn't the answer fam.

These same people saying that gold farming is content turn around and argue that World Quests aren't content.

So yeah, I'll gladly point out their hypocrisy.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, of course it is, is it? This will age well.

Just like two raid lockouts per week came from China to NA as well.
    TIL. Being wrong in an internet forum is "pointing out people's hypocrisy".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Out of interest, you would be ok with the playerbase of classic being mostly retail players who discover that it is far more cost effective to farm in classic to buy a token to play in retail? So essentially just retail players farming everything in classic to use that gold to buy a token?
    Imagine of that happened. The classic farmers would get crushed. Not only are retailers better players but they farm way more gold per hour than anyone from classic ever could. I here things like 10k per hour being normal. Makes 100g per hour look like casual numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KoolKidKaos View Post
    The influx to player gold, will set the value of items higher, and make it so you either farm a lot of spend money to deal with the outrageous prices. It's a cancer to classic, making it more like retail, isn't the answer fam.
    What influx to player gold. It will stay static.
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by bloomy View Post

i have 500 gold.
    u have 0 gold.
    u buy token for $20.
    i now have 0 gold.
    u now have 500 gold.

And you think that’s how it works when I fact you are mistaken. The one buy for game time has excess gold to spend, it is not being put on being spent so prices for stuff will not change for it. But since person 2 is selling it for the purpose of spending the gold, stuff now starts selling out faster and prices go up.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll just be blunt if this comes to Classic outside China that's it for me.

But I will continue to hope it is only because of China's weird sub structure and grind mentality.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I'll just be blunt if this comes to Classic outside China that's it for me.

But I will continue to hope it is only because of China's weird sub structure and grind mentality.
    despite all the naysayers saying otherwise, this will be a China only thing

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    despite all the naysayers saying otherwise, this will be a China only thing
    If this was a new feature, introduced specifically for one area (china) that might be a strong argument. However, considering this already exists, and has done for quite some time in retail, there is certainly a pretty strong argument that it might find its way into classic in the west.

10+ Year Old Account
    The wow token is the only thing that combat gold sellers, hackers and bots, so if you hate those 3 you should support the token,
    and if the prices on AH really goes up you wont have a problem cus its so easy to farm gold, right?

The entire #nochanges has done more harm than good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    And you think that’s how it works when I fact you are mistaken. The one buy for game time has excess gold to spend, it is not being put on being spent so prices for stuff will not change for it. But since person 2 is selling it for the purpose of spending the gold, stuff now starts selling out faster and prices go up.
    No, person 2 dont need to play that much anymore as he used too